Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Mordavia Planeswalker
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWho2010 View Post
    did you just assume his damage potential just because he's a red mage? sissy pulls? you must be a real treat to party up with.
    Assume? I run dmg meter while I play. I know what each class can pull given the gear. Red mage needs dmg buff.
    I'm the one that runs for exit portal at the end so not to get spammed with comms. That's how fun I am to party with.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hugo Wolf
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Commendations are useless, you can get one just because a person felt like it. I don’t hold much value in them so I never really care if I get one or not. I’m playing with a group of people to help and succeed the best or fastest way possible. You should be more concerned about having fun.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Leon Reddas
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 77
    Quote Originally Posted by FFgame View Post
    snip
    OP mentioned dungeons which is casual content. Why should it matter who is bringing out the most damage in this situation? A DPS could be doing the least damage but doesn't necessarily mean they are preventing the dungeon from being cleared, just like a healer could do nothing but only heal during the entire instance, so if they are bringing less to the duty in this sense does this mean they forfit any chance of commendations? Other things could prevent them playing optimally, but again who decides what would be optimal in casual content, generally no one but that player themselves.

Spammed with comms? Sure....
    (2)

Character
    Mordavia Planeswalker
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    What? I don't even
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Taiyo Shikasu
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurando View Post
    The commendation system is quite old and could do with a revamp but wouldnt say it's broken. Also some players will comm others based on their glamour or even their name, isn't always related to what happened in actual combat.
    Facts. Once comm'd a SAM 'cause I liked his name and glamour.

Otherwise I would never comm a SAM.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vidu Moriquendi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Well, I'm not sure about the english version, but the german one basically asks you to give your commendation to the person you enjoyed playing with - I always took that quite literally and am only handing out commendations if I indeed enjoyed playing with that person.

That can be the person whos dealing the most damage, but it doesnt has to be. Name, Race, Gender, Glamour, Attitude... all of those can be a huge factor too.
    I never thought of the commendation-system as something to actually get feedback about how well someone performed. So of course its extremly biased; thats intended. The game doesnt ask you "Who do you think was the best player in this run?" but "Whos company did you enjoy most?"
    So if OP and their friends arent getting any commendations from randoms, it might be because those randoms didnt really enjoy playing with (any of) them, even if they performed well.

So no, I wouldnt say that the system is broken - people can enjoy playing with other people for different reasons. Commendations arent feedback in regards to your skill and you're not entitled to them just because you out-dps'd everyone. They also dont influence anything in the game and no one can see them expect for yourself, so they really dont matter (and yes, I know about the achievments - personally I'm hoping they'll add new ones at somepoint).

Commendations were in no way added to highlight good players from bad players - if that were the case they'd actually be on display for everyone to see somehow.
    Its OPs assumption about the system thats wrong, not the system itself.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    I'shtola Maqa
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I often give comms but certainly as hell do not get in return for many instances even if going out of my way like raising other players on my Red Mage because a healer is either dead or too focused on using StoneIV and i do Mana Shift also.
    It is a completely optional thing however and some times i do feel like i wish i can give more then the 1 person a comm, but i think many people just do not care.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sylvaria Molkot
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    The main change I want to see to commendations is the ability to save them up and give out more than 1 per run... this way people would be less incentivised to give a comm 'just because' and instead would be able to comm those who actually deserves it (even if that's multiple other players in a single run).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Prince Nuada
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidblood View Post
    The main change I want to see to commendations is the ability to save them up and give out more than 1 per run... this way people would be less incentivised to give a comm 'just because' and instead would be able to comm those who actually deserves it (even if that's multiple other players in a single run).
    Yes, that's one debatable idea... alternatively, have a couple commendations issued per day (similar to leve allowances but pegged at just two per day instead of several) and then you get the ability to give out up to three per Duty Finder run. This essentially allows one to potentially give the whole party commendations for a job well done.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mica Zerrshia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Commendations are really only there so you can feel good about yourself, outside of the really gaudy rewards for the achievements they are worthless.

That being said I do tend to give them since I usually can omw out of a dungeon even if I race to the exit. Usually I will comm the other dps unless they were just terrible at their job, it will go to a healer that dps during their down times and sometimes I give no one comms if they waste time or are terrible. For instance when I get stuck with a pt of rp ppl that emote and do rp talk the entire way through, generally wasting tons of time along the way. I had a lala healer the other day who didn't need to heal so would just use the cheer emotes on the tank instead of contributing in any other way. Also couldn't kick them since they came in together.

I do not think these players deserve any type of comm or reward so they get none form me.

They need to revamp the system if they want to make them more worthwhile. Make them give better rewards or some sort of buff. Maybe boosted exp for jobs under lvl cap or something if you give and get 3 comms in a row or something. Maybe throw in drops like TT cards or other rando items. 5/5 glamour 10/10 crafting mats, 20/20 furniture, 50/50 a mount or something. Make ppl really want it and work for it.
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast