Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Player
    Character
    Blanitar Abarhyrsyn
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Got this in roulette. We one shot easily. Fight is fine.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mio Aiken
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    finally got to do this yesterday, with ~5 other first-timers, and after beating him with one wipe most of us stayed to dance and hug each other for like a minute, i think this fight was the best experience in xiv so far
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Frizze Steeleblaze
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Some people still do exit this right on zoning in, and it still baffles me. This morning trial roulette, 2 new people in cutscenes. One of the tanks leaves before the scenes are even done. When the new players are out(and we're done saying how stupid that tank was) we pull anyway. Replacement tank joins in time to see us finish the add phase, Shin dies before firing off two of his big attacks on the 2nd field. Honestly, it might be time to buff this fight. Its starting to get too easy to really feel like a solid conclusion to the SB story.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Iyami Galvayra
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Meanwhile I just saw six people in one group die to Tidal Wave.

Not gonna lie, I chuckled.
    (0)

Player

Finished this yesterday, and yeah, first time was a wipe.

Then it turns out half of us were new.

Second go, I was the only one to die (didn't see the ATE while I was dead the first time), but instantly dressed and on to victory.

But I went in blind and cleared on the second attempt, same group.

It's not that bad.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chloe Redstone
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    No offence OP but you have the wrong end of the stick here. Let's put it like this:

Fights like Shinryu represent the climax of the expansion. Unless you wish to do the savage version, it is typically a one-fight deal unless you get it via roulette's. As such, the only people who will typically queue for ShinNormal are those reaching the end of the expansion, who often get roulette or mentor queued players in response. In that light, you should understand (some would even say 'expect') that not everyone in a Shinryu Normal is going to be 100% knowledgeable about the fight, or even their own class, and certainly not all will be over-geared. Even those you get via roulette may not have done it enough to remember everything. Such a fight should not be compared to, say, dungeons, which are easier and more frequent by default and much more forgiving. Again, we are talking about a 'last boss' here, not a content-type you are meant to farm or repeat too often outside of Savage, which is a completely different ball-game entirely.

In short, no, I would not be in favour of nerfing it. Even at the time of Stormblood's release when I reached Shinryu pretty early, back when overgearing certainly wasn't a thing and experience was rare, it didn't take long at all to see it through. It's not exactly difficult - it just takes time for those who haven't seen it to get to grips with it, more-so with first-time tanks and first-time healers who are experiencing it blind.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Van Arn
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by RopeDrink View Post
    No offence OP but you have the wrong end of the stick here. Let's put it like this:

Fights like Shinryu represent the climax of the expansion. Unless you wish to do the savage version, it is typically a one-fight deal unless you get it via roulette's. As such, the only people who will typically queue for ShinNormal are those reaching the end of the expansion, who often get roulette or mentor queued players in response. In that light, you should understand (some would even say 'expect') that not everyone in a Shinryu Normal is going to be 100% knowledgeable about the fight, or even their own class, and certainly not all will be over-geared. Even those you get via roulette may not have done it enough to remember everything. Such a fight should not be compared to, say, dungeons, which are easier and more frequent by default and much more forgiving. Again, we are talking about a 'last boss' here, not a content-type you are meant to farm or repeat too often outside of Savage, which is a completely different ball-game entirely.

In short, no, I would not be in favour of nerfing it. Even at the time of Stormblood's release when I reached Shinryu pretty early, back when overgearing certainly wasn't a thing and experience was rare, it didn't take long at all to see it through. It's not exactly difficult - it just takes time for those who haven't seen it to get to grips with it, more-so with first-time tanks and first-time healers who are experiencing it blind.
    After a few runs watching all of the DPS (and a tank) die to the tidal wave at the start becomes a highlight of the encounter, not something dread-inducing.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yui Tenshi
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    The trial seems pretty easy. Then again, I run trial roulette daily for the tomes so I see old content quite a bit so I get to relearn and improve on something I originally ran once. Occasionally get the one wipe and have to explain strats, but usually never more than one wipe.
    (0)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6