Player
    Character
    Flutter Butter
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90

Question regarding Command dungeon AI

I've been doing some Command Dungeons and have encountered a serious problem in Arum Vale. On the last boss when it spawns its eggs the Squadron completely ignores them. It led to my only wipe in the dungeon and on the second try I literally had to just run around to avoid dying while the Squadron focused on the boss.

Is there any way to set a priority system or something? I tried using disengage and engage on a specific egg but this didn't work. If there isn't then I'd like to request the devs tweak some things regarding actions and priority with the AI. Maybe introduce some kind of gambit system like in 12 where you can set some limited AI orders.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Cyrillo Rongway
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Are you spamming the attack command? Pressing it just once will yield a better result.
    (0)
    Error 3102 Club, Order of the 52nd Hour

Player
    Character
    Lufie Newleaf
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Since you mention gambits, such a system would make companion choco far better too because the AI makes some weird priority decisions about when to use their abilities.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Flutter Butter
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rongway View Post
    Are you spamming the attack command? Pressing it just once will yield a better result.
    No I used disengage then engage on an egg. the focused down that one egg then immediately went back to the boss ignoring all other adds.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mikeru Takeuchi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    What I do is aoe all the eggs since they don't have much HP. If I don't have an aoe, I just put a damage over time on each egg and kill one at a time. I'll let my squadron handle the boss.

The main issue with the the last boss IMO is the timing to have the squadron dodge bad breath if I'm not the tank. And even if I do disengage to dodge the bad breath, the boss has an instant Vine Probe cleave that does quite a bit of damage. So in most cases, I'll let the tank take the bad breath, but hopefully the healer that is not me doesn't take it too.
    (0)
    My Current Characters:
    Mikeru Takeuchi: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/14812205/
    Ekkusu Volnutt: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/8909941/
    Rokku Sigma: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/5714962/

"Break a warrior's body, and he will thirst for vengeance. Break his spirit, and he will clamor for peace. Judge my methods distasteful if you will - but know that I seek to end this conflict, not prolong it." - Yadovv Gah, Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    Some of the squadron missions felt to me like relearning the fight's mechanics, because I had to learn which mechanics the squad could do (which is very little), which I had to do myself, even if it didn't match my job role's usual part of that fight (which seems to be the majority of them), and which had to be avoided.

I remember it taking several tries at Brayflox to work out how to position Aiatar out of the poison pools, since I couldn't tell my tank where to go. That one basically boiled down to: when a fight relies heavily on mob positioning, you have to be tanking it yourself, regardless of your job.

With the eggs in that Arum Vale fight, it's another case of a mechanic you need to handle yourself (a DPS mechanic in this case, as in any fight where specific adds need to be prioritized) because your squadron won't.

I think a gambit-like system, or at least some more specific commands would make it far easier to expand the number of dungeons possible to do with the squadron. Have the squadron tank try to position the boss wherever I set the "A" marker. Let me tell damage dealers when to focus on the boss and when to prioritize adds (and without in the process having the tank start ignoring the boss as well).
    (0)
    Last edited by Niwashi; 09-06-2018 at 01:31 AM.