Player
    Character
    Lucky Rose
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 51

FFXIV PS4 Forcefully Data Deleted & Wedding Help

I was supposed to get married with someone today but suddenly a new patch appeared on my console, reverting FFXIV 'Stormblood' to just 'A Ream Reborn', and it was around 26GB. I went to check the information to see the game's current size and it dropped to 11GB, which means the previous updates were all deleted. My friend bought the Gold plan to get married and we were supposed to meet up by the reserved time, but this since the update was so big and my net isn't that fast, we ended up missing it. Sure, you can book another time after the supposed penalty period is over (which wasn't my fault), but my friend has his sub ending a few days later and he wouldn't be buying another anytime soon, so I felt disappointed. We were ready. This however stopped us from doing something we paid extra for, that will not happen cause his sub is ending in the next few days.

So to summarise, a random PS4 update dropped in and suddenly all the data I previously had downloaded, just disappeared. It forced us to miss the wedding we had planned, which is kinda not fair. Now I have to download all the updates and the download inside of the game as well.

If there's any kind of support I can get, that would be appreciated. Will also try to contact support later. I hope this thread is seen before hand though.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    El Cucuy
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 70
    im having the same issue..except it happened after i performed a database rebuild. FF14 icon on ps4 turned back to ARR and when i click on it it just tries to load and then crashes repeatedly...really hoping the migration update, installable at 3am tonight est, will fix it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lufie Newleaf
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    They issued a warning some days in advanced here on the forum and on the lodestone that a large amount of data would need to be downloaded in order to migrate to a new data structure which will be beneficial long term. I would advise to check lodestone on a weekly basis to be aware of upcoming disruptions, although this specific issue will not need to be repeated ever once the migration is complete.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Obisaro Vaelstrom
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Same issue here. Didn't know what was going on so I deleted the entire game and redownloaded, issue still persist. Guess we will see if it is fixed tomorrow, what a terrible day I picked to resub.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Leon Reddas
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 77
    How could you not have the wedding? The maintenance was today and the download of the data was also optional until today (which would of been done automatically if it hadn't been in advance). It was still possible to play the game whilst downloading the data, so not sure how this stopped you.

(OP's post date is 1st Sept for the record)
    (0)

Good morning and thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

As this is not a technical issue, this thread will be moved to the 'Separate Support Required’ subforum. Please contact the Square Enix Support Center (https://support.eu.square-enix.com/m...p?id=5383&la=2) for any accounting or billing issues and contact the Game Masters (type "/supportdesk" in-game) for any in-game issues.

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.
    (0)
    Last edited by Einmimiria; 09-05-2018 at 04:09 AM.