Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Bella Ciao
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Since the increase of role actions to all 10, I have been playing with rescue more than I had with little excitement, until yesterday.

The tank in our party was the MT on Argath In Rabanastre, I noticed theyhad just gotten their 3rd stack of unnerved and was running to their doom, I rescued them just before they hit the purple barrier, “crave” expired shortly after and they ran back to Argath and continued tanking.

I am not sure who was more amazed that it worked, the tank or me. I was completely unaware that the crave debuff timer is just long enough to run the player into the wall.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Bella Ciao
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by TraLala View Post
    Rescue can be such a life saver if you know upcoming mechanics. It has a slight delay which makes using it on the fly a bit difficult as said above :3 ! Only thing about it that I dislike (besides the delay ) is the crazy long recast timer!
    Would love for it to be on a much shorter recast.
    (4)

Character
    Thessayn Svisast
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    I was a strong advocate that this is a troll ability only used in the closest of tight knit statics. However, after now having room to use this without sacrificing better cross class abilities....?

...It's still a troll ability only used within the closest of tight knit statics. I have it on my hotbar now, and experimented with it in raids. Every instance in which I used it, saved a person from damage or death, but only once did I get a 'thanks' or a mention of how rescue was used right. Most often, what I got in return for rescuing someone, was the other healer rescuing me in to death...because they assumed I was trolling.

One particular run, I rescued the healer from certain death, only to have them rescue me later into death, then proceeded to said in /alliance chat 'I'm reporting your fro trolling.'

10/10 Love the skill, wish more like this will be added in the future. Love being called a troll for helping people.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Hazel Korhonen
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    I used it a ton during o7s prog when the Aether Rot DPS got hit by hysteria due to server ping inconsistencies. Also used it a couple times in o5s to save our BRD if someone messed up and killed the last box too early for the knockback ghost. It's situational, incredibly hard to time right, and hardly ever sees any use cause you need to be super aware of the battlefield and what other people are doing, but when it does work it's satisfying.

For more casual stuff, it's good for bringing people who are new to instances into safe places. Argath Tadalfus in Rabanastre comes to mind, when someone can't make it into the Trepidation circle due to the misdirection. Or Arboretum HM, if someone doesn't stand on the safe platforms before the floor boils, etc.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyth View Post
    In 3.x, Cover was useless and everyone wanted a gap closer. In 4.x, gap closers are useless and everyone wants Cover.

Player
    Character
    Thea Sitori
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 72
    I always liked Rescue since the day we got it in 4.0. From the very first primal...Susano EX from the knockbacks, to saving people in other places.

Totally was worth it when you could use it, definitely much better we got the slots for it. I'm sure they are going to change the whole role-level thing in 5.0 though, obviously it was a mess for healers until this point.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Chloe Redstone
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Examples of my recent rescue uses:

The Burn (Duty)
    1st Boss - when you have a DPS hiding behind the furthest pillar and doesn't know they need to move towards the boss after his arena-wide AoE. Rescue them right into the boss.
    2nd Boss - when you have a DPS who doesn't know that one of the five machines are bust and you need to stand on that track - rescue them to the right spot.
    3rd Boss - when you notice Mist Dragon's dive-path while a player a mile away is standing right in it without knowing - rescue them out of the dive-line.

Saint Mocianne's Arboretum (Hard)
    1st Boss - when the bosses uses devour (leap) to prepare for his AoE across 90% of the arena. Rescue either the tank (if they didn't pull boss to the plant to begin with) or any DPS who haven't budged since the boss jumped.
    3rd Boss - rescue anyone who doesn't know they need to stand on pillars during rising poo. Rescue anyone who doesn't know they need to stand OFF pillars during the poo-drop (this one is awkward given you then risk stacking it on yourself and the person, though that is preferable to having 1-4 platforms covered in fatal poo).

Alphascape 1
    Various uses here, albeit over short distances. It's a movement-heavy fight so it's possible to save a straggler now and then.

Alphascape 2
    Rescuing anyone who doesn't know the dragon-patterns (In, Out, Corners).
    Rescuing the rare few who don't seem to notice Midgarsormyr's dive-line during the 'dodge the moving explosions' phase.

Alphascape 4
    Pulling someone you hate off the edge after intentionally eating an Omega-F transform push-back, because there always has to be one troll suggestion.
    (0)
    "And all the Hyur's say I'm pretty sage – for a White Mage!"

Player
    Character
    Rudrose Caliphus
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 44
    I want to like the skill but I find a lot of aspects of it lacking.

1)The cd is way too long. If I use it on Susano EX for the kickback target, I won't have it again for the next kickback

2)The delay/lag is so painful. Obviously this is meant to be a think on your feet save, but as another poster pointed out, by the time I identify the person, make sure I'm safe, and cast it on them, they usually are in trouble before it ever goes off. Compounding on that...

3) I play on PS4 so I don't have the luxury of just mouse clicking the right person. I have to scroll through my party list which just adds more time to my saving shenanigans.

4)Sometimes it doesn't work. I know people say Binds and other things stop it, but I swear I have used it on eligible targets, it goes on cd, and nothing happen, the person keeps moving normally.

5) It's not needed. Susano EX was the first case I encountered in Stormblood where it's useful. But even so, that cloud knockback is very easy to just walk back to the group. Now I understand you don't want to make Rescue mandatory, especially given all it's flaws, but the fact that any controlled situation it isn't needed in makes it feel like such a throw-a-way.

I love the concept but I could really go for some tune up's to make me like this move. Also a better Spell Icon.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Chloe Redstone
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I want to like the skill but I find a lot of aspects of it lacking.
    Point 1 - CD. Yes, slightly too long.

Point 2 - Yes and No. There have been times where I have Rescued someone who then entered a 1-2 second long phase of it not registering before they get yanked. On the flip-side, it's better when considered more pre-emptive as opposed to reactionary. There's a growing list of fights in my head where I know mechanics are about to happen and Joe Soap Random (be they new or slow) is making it painfully obvious they don't know what's going to happen. You get more mileage out of Rescue by thinking ahead than you do by trying to use it on the spot. If you notice something on the spot (90% of which doesn't involve that person being outright deleted), you are better off just pre-casting a Cure II or equivalent rather than banking on Rescue lag. If you see danger ahead of time, Rescue pre-emptively is better.

Point 3 - Unfortunate, though not a fault of the ability itself. Considering most Healers have gone without it until the latest patch, I can't see any future mechanics making it a requirement or preferable in any way. Nobody can be faulted for 'not using Rescue' considering even pre-emptive use even on PC with M+KB won't guarantee its success anyway, so if it's more hassle than it's worth, there's no shame in just leaving it on the side-line until they fix the middle-ground.

Point 4 - Never encountered this at all thus far. Either the person was DC'd (as shown in one of my latest videos), or they get yanked (with a delay in the worst case scenario, but usually after the .5 second wavy-arm animation lag it incurs before the pull).

Point 5 - See point 3. It never was and likely never will be. It is simply a tool of variable usefulness that people have only now bothered taking due to not being restricted to limited cross-skills.

TLDR - It could certainly use some tweaks (be it the skill itself or the peer code causing that massive lag) but I don't dislike it and have gotten far more use out of it than I thought I would.
    (0)
    "And all the Hyur's say I'm pretty sage – for a White Mage!"

Player
    Character
    Winter Gem
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Surecast and Rescue are an oddly satisfying combination. I was farming Leviathan Extreme with a friend who is new to the game and you have plenty of time to watch them slide off the stage during each tilt of the ship. Rescue did its job on 3 separate runs wonderfully and now Im in love with it. Sohia is the same with her super tilt.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rox Unlimited
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    When my friend and I are running O11 he likes to rescue me through the muddle lol
    (0)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast