Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Driskus Blackstone
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Its nice for getting people to safety in Shinryu and Susano when it works at least. On the topic of delays, Rescue isn't the only ability with that problem unfortunately. Most abilities that have special effects seem to take up to several seconds to take effect. I see both Divine Benison and Surecast fail often because they have the same delay issue that Rescue does, even though the status applies immediately.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Makani Risvertasashi
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Now that we have 10 role slots - I'm finding a lot of use for Rescue in unplanned situations I wouldn't have thought I would otherwise see.

Not that I'm exactly using it every encounter or anything, and of course the delay still limits it. But sometimes you see the confused newbie that doesn't know where to go to avoid a large aoe or such and.... yoink, they're safe.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kacho Nacho
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    The ability to move another player from harm is powerful. It's underappreciated.

But, like anything powerful, Rescue must be used wisely. Erakir gives some great examples.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Sylvestre Solscribe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    When doing suzaku and the boss is close from dying (like, in less than 10s), I pull a dps in the whole
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ryla Bee
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Rescue is good intended ability, that could be very usefull in some situations.

Unfortunately it's largely marred by notorious client-server lag of FFXIV.
    Allegedly, there are people (maybe in Japan, or close to regional datacenters?) that have rly good pings and do not experience the lag - or not as accutely - but for the rest of us, Rescue is almost always too late, unless you can pre-plan it's use.

I have sometimes pulled ppl from Hashmal's charge patch in Raba, only to see that I have just pulled corpse to my feet.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Katherine Mewgles
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Driskus View Post
    Its nice for getting people to safety in Shinryu and Susano when it works at least. On the topic of delays, Rescue isn't the only ability with that problem unfortunately. Most abilities that have special effects seem to take up to several seconds to take effect. I see both Divine Benison and Surecast fail often because they have the same delay issue that Rescue does, even though the status applies immediately.
    That's part of the built-in delay the game has. I don't recall if it was there during 1.0, but it has been there since day 1 of 2.0. It's the same delay that makes you still get hit by an aoe even though you're out of it the marker before it goes off. I'm not sure why it's there. I have about the same ping to the FFXIV servers as I do to the WoW servers and I've never seen it in WoW like I do with FFXIV. Rescue still has it as well, but it also has an animation delay attached to it, same as Holy does.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nocturnia Uzuki
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    As a healer main, I have been bringing Rescue since long before 4.4, and I've always found it useful for saving people who make mistakes, or in other more niche cases, using it to cheese mechanics.

However, it really does have a bad rep, and if it's not some heroic Rescue, you're likely to get flamed for it. Sometimes I pull someone at a terrible time and end up wiping the run, although this is quite rare. More commonly, I may cast it slightly too early to save that DPS that looks like he's about to get wrecked because of greed, then he flips out when he loses 1 GCD because I rescued him. It's a pug though, so I don't always trust my DPS. Especially when they're always dying.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    It's great in static progression when one member just can't get the mechanic right and you can drag them to the safe spot for a few runs to show them where they need to be.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tra Lala
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Rescue can be such a life saver if you know upcoming mechanics. It has a slight delay which makes using it on the fly a bit difficult as said above :3 ! Only thing about it that I dislike (besides the delay ) is the crazy long recast timer!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Elrica Lavandula
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I've used Rescue like 3 times now. Only one was successful though. ;D
    First was in Suzaku normal, first try. My boyfriend was the MT and said he can't get out of the cleave. I wanted to rescue him but on his screen he was already behind the hole while on mine he wasn't. Of course he fell through it.
    Second was in Rabanastre, when I rescued a BLM who was at the wrong marker at the second boss to our marker. That worked.
    Third was on accident. I somehow fat fingered and pulled my co-healer to us just like that in the middle of O12N. In that run I fat fingered a lot though and it was so embarrassing. At least the rescue was during the Omega-F knockback so it wasn't so detrimental. The healer was close enough to the middle to not get pushed down anyway, but well.

There were situations when I thought "now I could use Rescue" but before I use it it's too late anyway with the delay and all that.
    (0)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast