Player
    Character
    Caelen Tigris
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90

Improving Glamour Plates

While I'm glad to have some sort of glamour plate system over not having anything at all, the current system could use some work. Here's a few ideas to make the system better.

More plates. 10 plates is a tiny number. Considering all the glamour options in the game, there needs to be more. A simple way to expand the number of plates would be to give us pages of plates. 10 pages of 10 plates each would give us 100 plates to work with. That's a much better number. An alternative way would be to list the plates like equipment sets, allowing us to name the plates as well, and add more plates in. The interface already supports that, so it would be an easier alteration.

More glamour dresser slots. There are two ways to go about this, and both can be done together.
    • First, move items to the armoire. This is particularly useful for the class specific armor sets that are given out at level 50/60/etc. Those take up a ton of room all by themselves at 5 slots per set across all of the jobs in the game, and only the base level 45/50 artifact set is currently storable in the armoire.
    • The second way is to just add more slots. 200 is again a tiny number compared to the number of options there are for glamours. 2000 might be better, or just make it infinite. An infinite number of slots would cut out any sort of management needed. People could then collect literally everything. You've put the work in to making so many wonderful items; let us show them off.

More locations. Allow glamour plates to be applied everywhere. There's no reason at all to restrict them to major cities and gold saucer. FFXI could handle it; so can FFXIV.

Free glamour removal. Just get rid of glamour dispellers entirely. They are nothing more than a hold-over from the original glamour system.

Equip glamour plates instead of applying glamours to gear. This is how FFXI did it. Equip the plate without altering gear in any way and remove the plate when it's time to go back to the original gear appearance. This would also allow a single glamour plate to stay applied even if you change your gear. Keep the current system allowing a plate to be tied to an equipment set.

Allow all glamours regardless of the level of equipment. Currently glamours don't apply if you don't meet the requirements of the gear you want to glamour into. Instead, just allow any stored glamour to be applied at any time. Keep weapons restricted to the matching weapon type, but remove the level restrictions. Just like FFXI again.

Any else have other ideas for improving the glamour system?
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Gresh Tigris
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 64
    I love your ideas. :3
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eryna Stinorth
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelen View Post
    Equip glamour plates instead of applying glamours to gear.
    +1. I don't know why the glamour is still applied to each piece of gear.

About the dresser, I wish we could have a dresser log instead. It's awful to be forced to keep everything. I just want to unlock the glamour and free my retainer's inventory.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Babane Bane
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 42
    Free glamour removal alone would be a significant change.

I'm also a big fan of the GW2 transmog system; obtaining the gear alone is enough to log it for transmog purposes and you can scrap the gear after to free up space. It would also make glamours more accessible to those who are only interested in keeping leveling sets or to collectors like me who just want to have all the things.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Orion Bullfish
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    I just simply don't like how they feel like they have to limit such a great thing due to what they see as "server limitations." Wasn't the move away from development on the PS3 supposed to lift those limitations?

Anyways, I think another big thing that could be great is if they set the Glamour Plates and Glamours on a per job basis rather than just having a static 10. I'm really starting to get annoyed by having to constantly change my Glamours for certain Jobs because while Red Mage and Summoner can share gear except for their weapon, neither class's Artifact Armor is compatible with the other, so if I'm switching between RDM and SMN I have to constantly change my Glamour because I like the look of both and want a Glamour suited to my class. This is why I've mostly gone with just one or two sets of Glamour across all classes so I don't have to deal with the headaches of constantly switching Glamours.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainFishSticks View Post
    If I haven't used Superbolide and I'm below 15% then I've accepted my fate.

Player
    Character
    Reinhardt Azureheim
    World
    Alpha
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Amount of plates and space is nice and all, but I only see myself TRULY cursing over the limitation of the glamour plates.

Remove the limitation of plates being unusable in open world areas (shroud, thanalan, la noscea, coerthas, dravania, abalathia's spine, mor dhona, gyr abania, othard, potentially eureka?).

This is by far my biggest gripe with this system - I can't adjust my glamour on the go while doing stuff (hunts, gathering) and makes the transition between jobs a possible, yet aesthetically displeasing procedure.

Ere this isn't removed, I don't even see having much use for plates.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    The others are nice, but the two that actually matter so far as I can see are:

1) We need more plates. We don't even have enough to separate out different jobs that share gear. That alone would take 26 plates. Plus we'd want some extras for non-job-specific glamours. I'd say at a bare minimum, we should have 30 plates, but ideally it should be quite a bit higher than that. Having the same number as we have gear sets would have been a good starting point. (I think that's somewhere in the low 40s for someone with all jobs unlocked.) Leaving it at just 10 plates is kind of broken.

2) We should be able to apply glamour plates wherever we can change gear, or at the very least wherever we can change jobs. It's ok to restrict where we can set up those plates, but restricting where we can use them keeps people from using them for their intended purpose.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Jenna Starsong
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Agreed. There need to be at least as many plates as there are classes/jobs. 10 isn't even enough to cover the great sharing combat jobs, let alone crafting/gathering classes or other non-job themed sets a person might want.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kyoji Rokos
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    /signed. I would also add some sort of "sort" or "filter" feature to make it easier to locate role specific gear.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Avellin Adorel
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    I expect them to charge a monthly fee at some point to get more than 200 glam dressed slots.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast