Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Leon Reddas
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 77
    I'm not disagreeing that SMN doesn't need a few adjustments, but the clunkiness can vary from players and we all have different stories to tell. I don't think anyone appreciates their own experiences being discredited just because someone else experiences it much worse you know.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Grimoire Mogri
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    The main reason for the issue is simply the fact that Eos/Selene and Garuda both have cast timers on their spells. If those were removed, it would be a lot easier to fit one of their abilities into their GCD.

Part of the reason Ifrit doesn't feel awful to use (and more importantly behaves well on Obey) is because his auto-spell is instant.

Remove the cast timers on all pets and suddenly they're not difficult to weave on.
    (1)
    Petition Thread for "Playable Loporrits": https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/436512-Make-them-Playable-You-Cowards
    Are You Happy with the Endwalker Healer Reveal? - Poll: https://strawpoll.vote/polls/2e6mxhnx/vote - Thread: https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/443437-Poll-Are-You-Happy-with-the-Healer-Kit-Reveal-for-Endwalker

Mechanics are Aesthetics. Graphics don't make interesting gameplay.

Player
    Character
    Nemekh Kinryuu
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    They still have issues where they can only weave one pet "ogcd" per gcd cycle. Otherwise it will clip their core gcd hard and delay it further as they try to double weave. One issue SE really do need to address is pet action cancels when you try to string two in the same window. It can result in canceled and lost devotions/radiant shield casts outright.

I am very much a big fan of making Wind Blade instant to help mitigate how much it clips, not to mention the fact that it is also subject to caster tax which is part of the reason why Garuda lags a good deal behind Ifrit. #MakeWindBladeInstant has been my mantra since the start of SB ever since they made changed Contagion to be a time-sensitive raid dps cooldown. I shouldn't have had to make a Sic method opener to take advantage of Garuda's gambit pak just to have consistent and timely Contagions. It should be consistent out of the box!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sunako Kirishiki
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I dont think garuda is slow because of cast time, since cast time is only 1 sec. Garuda have queue system that not execute actions before wind blade recast time is over, not cast time. If garuda would instantly queue special abilities after 1 sec cast time, it would already feel pretty smooth. After wind blade you have to wait until 3 sec recast time is over before you can execute any special actions. Or that it was during 2.0 once I test it. I m not sure did they changed anything during scholar pet changes.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Grimoire Mogri
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Pet abilities/skills appear to work on a 1s command timer similar to macros, but are always executed on their 3s GCD. I'm not entirely clear on when the auto-spell is queued, but it feels like it's before the cast bar comes up, maybe as a check 1s before. The cast itself cannot be interrupted but you can queue the next command during it, at least in the case of Eos/Selene. With them it's most consistent when their bar is half full. With Garuda I find it's most consistent to mash right when her Wind Blade animation comes out, after the cast bar disappears. Regardless, I know trying to use a pet ability right when they have started casting always fails. That's why I suggest the instant-cast on the automatic spells, to prevent that interruption period.
    (0)
    Petition Thread for "Playable Loporrits": https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/436512-Make-them-Playable-You-Cowards
    Are You Happy with the Endwalker Healer Reveal? - Poll: https://strawpoll.vote/polls/2e6mxhnx/vote - Thread: https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/443437-Poll-Are-You-Happy-with-the-Healer-Kit-Reveal-for-Endwalker

Mechanics are Aesthetics. Graphics don't make interesting gameplay.

Player
    Character
    Lost Tales
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Garuda has clipping issues, theres no other way to slice it and it's been in the game since they were released.

She uses a Skill queing system and sometimes a skill can get lost in the que, where as Eos was changed so she doesn't have a que system which is really noticeable ( i play sch to test things sometimes).

Because Smn has to deal with this rigidness / clunkyness I assume that is why our dmg and mobility is high but it's still not that fun to have to babysit garuda ( I've gotten used to it over the many years).

Experienced smns already know what I'm talking about, new players may still be learning how to control their pets, but changes need to be made to smns pets.

As much as I dislike the pet I still enjoy the job I just wish some QoL changes would come to my pets, smoothing out my rotation, making her more responsive with less ability ques, just small things like that would make a nice difference for me.
    (0)

Character
    Thegroose Isloose
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    ..... just put them on sic maybe?

Or use ifrit
    Pretty sure hes still the meta idk
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fel Hanen
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    This class isn't fun for me anymore. When I first started in 1.0, it was a dotting class, with like 4 dots + dots from other classes that you had to get. I loved it. It was fun to dot and just watching it pop big damage. Came back for SB after I stopped for a while after reaching cap on HW and saw these new changes... did not like it at all. I'm not having fun playing this game, and I tried looking into other classes but I don't find their kit to be fun either. :'( I'm thinking about just quitting this game altogether.
    (0)

Character
    Thegroose Isloose
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Weird
    I started the game as smn and grew to hate it and stop at 50 to take up tanking

Came back to it later after maxing sch and after getting the 50+ kit with dt and the other af moves who's names im forgetting and its one of my favorite casters
    Happy tolike it now
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Scyn Sovereign
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Now that 4.4 has dropped I have practiced extensively with Garuda (as she is the superior pet) and I can confirm it is still as bad as it was before. SE this isn't a matter of buffing a class. This is a QOL issue for SMN across the board because it feels like we are fighting the system to do basic abilities. Pets should not be as unresponsive as they are right now. They should be as responsive as if it were a non-pet class. Other classes do not have this issue and need to do less work to perform at a high level whereas SMN not only need to fight the boss in front of them but their pet as well just to compete.

Please fix pet delay.
    (1)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast