Page 96 of 124 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 960 of 1233
  1. #951
    Player
    Dualgunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    2,559
    Character
    Lilila Lila
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaru View Post
    Thank you for the advice, being serious on that statement. I believe you are being sincere.
    No problem ^^ I get pretty heated too. I did it earlier in this thread, and honestly I still feel kind of stupid about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by MomomiMomi View Post
    Sure, but $300 is still $300, and anyone would be happy to have them rather than not. Those $300 are still going to buy you the same amount of stuff no matter how much money you have, and having them is better than not.
    That's perfectly true. It depends on the perspective you look at it from.
    Napkin math:
    I've played for 1,620 days; roughly 4 and a half years. Multiply by 12 for months; roughly 53, and then multiply by 15 for cost per month (I get the 3 month bundle, but I didn't always so I'll just use this, and not count the free months from buying the ps4 version and pc version): that's about $798, if my math isn't too terribly off.

    $800 could get me a GTX1080Ti, or a GTX2080. It's a lot of money, especially for me.

    Divide that by 1,620: 0.49. So I've been paying roughly $0.49 per day to access this game for 4 and a half years. While the total cost may still be the same, it's a lot easier to swallow the cost presented like this, because instead of looking at it as "With the money I'd have saved not playing XIV over 4 and a half years I could have gotten a GTX2080!" and more as "Well what else was I gonna pay half a dollar for today?"

    TL;DR: I get where she's coming from, and I get where you're coming from, and I think they're both valid points of view on the money presented here.
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoroMurasaki View Post
    AND DUAL WHO IS THE BEST.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemekh View Post
    There is always something someone can learn to do better no matter where they sit in terms of play ability - regardless of whether the errors were identified with a parser or otherwise.
    Main: Sora Maxwell the Red Mage, Alt: Lilila Lila the Machinist
    Dualgunner#7456
    Add me on Discord if ya like

  2. #952
    Player
    Istaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    668
    Character
    M'telihgo Feilyon
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by MomomiMomi View Post
    Sure, but $300 is still $300, and anyone would be happy to have them rather than not. Those $300 are still going to buy you the same amount of stuff no matter how much money you have, and having them is better than not.
    What you say is factually correct. I’m going to be nice and have a discussion with you, I should not have reacted with the same disgust as I did with that thing earlier. I apologize for my reply.

    The conversation originally started off about relative value. Your statement is about absolute value. They are different things.

    Would I sit in a 40°C room for 24 hours for a $300 remittance? The answer is no, my comfort is worth more to me than gaining $300. Relatively speaking, the $300 has less value. Its kinda why we buy air conditioning units and pay the electric bills that come with them.

    As consumers, we assign relative value to everything, it’s how we decide if we want to spend X amount on product Y. We give them a valuation and buy when it is equal to or less than that valuation, and abstain when it is greater. That valuation is unique to every person and every item. They are relative to them.

    Example: I am looking at LED memory chips for my computer, I’m not actually, just an example. I have perfectly functioning memory chips, but I want ones I can show off with when I’m streaming. They cost $600. For some people, they will decide that they are worth the expense based upon their valuation. Others will opt out due to the price not being in line with the value they personally signed.

    I agree with dual, the fact it is over time does have an effect on the relative value. Since it is only $5 at a time, it is not as significant as if it was a single cost of $300. Personally, I see them very differently.
    (2)
    #GetSelliBack2018

    Reading too much of the forums makes me very sad and apathetic.

  3. #953
    Player
    MomomiMomi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,151
    Character
    Momomi Momi
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaru View Post
    What you say is factually correct. I’m going to be nice and have a discussion with you, I should not have reacted with the same disgust as I did with that thing earlier. I apologize for my reply.

    The conversation originally started off about relative value. Your statement is about absolute value. They are different things.

    Would I sit in a 40°C room for 24 hours for a $300 remittance? The answer is no, my comfort is worth more to me than gaining $300. Relatively speaking, the $300 has less value. Its kinda why we buy air conditioning units and pay the electric bills that come with them.

    As consumers, we assign relative value to everything, it’s how we decide if we want to spend X amount on product Y. We give them a valuation and buy when it is equal to or less than that valuation, and abstain when it is greater. That valuation is unique to every person and every item. They are relative to them.

    Example: I am looking at LED memory chips for my computer, I’m not actually, just an example. I have perfectly functioning memory chips, but I want ones I can show off with when I’m streaming. They cost $600. For some people, they will decide that they are worth the expense based upon their valuation. Others will opt out due to the price not being in line with the value they personally signed.

    I agree with dual, the fact it is over time does have an effect on the relative value. Since it is only $5 at a time, it is not as significant as if it was a single cost of $300. Personally, I see them very differently.
    I see where you're coming from. Also, I apologize earlier for saying "people" and not "posts." That post may not have been indicative of how you generally are. Though if you are that way, then hey, that's just how you are I guess.

    Looking at the relative value of it, I see it as a 33% discount. That's pretty large, and a 33% discount on anything is a great thing. You did have to pay a bit to achieve it, though, so that does devalue it a little bit.
    (2)

  4. #954
    Player
    Canadane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Limsa Lominsa
    Posts
    4,234
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonseth07 View Post
    Permanent time-based exclusives are a terrible idea in a game like this.
    It's great for promoting activity.
    If it's one thing they did right with PvP to increase it's userbase is the limited rewards.
    (3)

  5. #955
    Player
    Bourne_Endeavor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Ul'Dah
    Posts
    5,207
    Character
    Cassandra Solidor
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadane View Post
    It's great for promoting activity.
    If it's one thing they did right with PvP to increase it's userbase is the limited rewards.
    Actually, that had more of a detrimental effect. Because the rewards are limited to only 100 people per datacenter, and are timed exclusives, very few people consider it an incentive. Considering PvP has arguably been at its lowest point throughout Stormblood, I'd say the rewards aren't working. Overwatch specifically moved away from exclusives because of this reason.
    (8)


    Omni-Melee | Dark Knight | Warrior
    Disciple of the Hand | Disciple of the Land


    If you fancy chatting or simply want to yell at me over something: Cassandra Solidor#6309

  6. #956
    Player
    Iscah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,739
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Typhon
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Giving away rewards for the "top PVP competitors" only encourages people to participate if they think they have any chance of winning.

    I know I'm terrible at PVP, so I wouldn't even try, however much I wanted a particular thing they were offering as a prize. I'd just be disappointed to see it there where I'd never be able to get it.

    On the other hand, the recent addition of the hairstyle and emote to the Wolves' Den shop did get me playing Frontline for a few weeks to earn them, because I knew I could get there eventually even if I was terrible.

    (In my case I've dropped it again straight afterwards, but maybe I would have discovered a liking for it.)
    (5)

  7. #957
    Dev Team Naoki_Yoshida's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    750
    Hello, everyone. This is FFXIV Producer and Director, Naoki Yoshida.
    First of all, I'd like to thank our players for all the feedback and discussion regarding the "White Ravens" reward for the Rising seasonal event─an item which many remember from before the rebirth of FFXIV.

    Combing through the global feedback, on top of a business trip and checking the content for patch 4.4, has prevented me from commenting on this issue in a timely manner, and for that I apologize.

    I would also like to apologize to those who feel the decision to give away the White Ravens as a reward was unfair or disappointing, as undermining prior achievements was certainly not the intention of the development and operations teams.
    We are deeply sorry for this oversight, and we now realize our mistake in not making the item a "replica" in the first place, as has been suggested.


    With this in mind, I've put together a summary of what we hope to accomplish with this seasonal event, and how we intend to move forward after digesting your feedback.

    - The Rising 2018
    This marks the fifth anniversary of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. It is thanks to the many legacy players who stayed with us since the game's original inception that we were able to effect this rebirth. And now, five years later, with the support of new players from across the globe, FFXIV has grown beyond my wildest expectations.
    Even as we develop the game throughout the year, promotional work takes me around the world, and since last year's Stormblood expansion, I've fielded an ever-increasing number of requests to recreate the story and atmosphere of FFXIV's early days in some form.

    I've responded by explaining that the story for FFXIV's previous incarnation was, to be completely honest, a shambles. The original main scenario was abandoned─using the shaky servers and systems available, I took the Grand Company scenario and forcibly reshaped it to become the main thrust of the story. It was the sense of impending calamity and expectations for rebirth that made it come alive, which is not something that can necessarily be reproduced. The excitement also came from the legacy players themselves─the sense of community and support which arose from that shared experience.

    We've also had requests for a "legacy server," if only a temporary one. Those servers have long been dismantled, and although the source code has been preserved, there is little incentive for us to restore them (some of those servers have, in fact, been repurposed to generate your character images that you see displayed on the Lodestone.)

    Others have asked for the story alone to be told on a DVD or in a book, but as I've already mentioned, the plot was plagued with issues, and as I took the liberty of ignoring certain points of lore, it suffers from numerous inconsistencies. I think it's fair to say that it worked precisely because─as the rebirth was described at its unveiling─it was a "once-in-a-lifetime experience" that marked the end of an era.

    When the new era of FFXIV began, we gained a host of new players who took to the game with a passion, and we in the development and operations team have as much regard and gratitude for these adventurers as we do for our original veterans.

    Our legacy players stood with us through the challenging days of FFXIV's rebirth, but we've had our share of difficulties in the years that followed, and it is through the support of all our players that we've succeeded to this degree.

    Despite the many requests, it's just not possible to faithfully recreate FFXIV as it once was. Our stance on the matter has not changed. But we did, however, decide that the fifth anniversary of the rebirth was the perfect timing to provide at least a glimpse into how the game was back then. And thus the theme for this year's Rising was born.

    As well as giving legacy players the chance to reminisce, our hope is that the event encourages them to share those memories and experiences with newer players, and in doing so strengthen the game's community. Taking that idea one step further, having the reward be a "replica" is, I believe, more in line with the spirit of the event.

    - Plans for the Future
    Although some players were of the opinion that the reward was not an issue, many others voiced their disappointment. And the fact that these players came forth is evidence that we failed to give the matter due consideration.

    Our legacy players have memories that are tied to that earlier time─I was reminded that the excitement and pride they experienced in acquiring the White Ravens is bound up in the item itself, regardless of its stats or appearance. I, myself, am the sort of person who separates the experience from the physical reward, but that doesn't excuse the failure to consider those who feel otherwise. I intend to learn from this lesson moving forward, and continue to develop FFXIV as a game that everyone can enjoy.


    Once again, I offer our sincere apologies to those whom we've upset with our lack of foresight and consideration, especially in a time when we should be celebrating this anniversary together.

    It has been five years since FFXIV's rebirth, and nine years since its original inception, and I hope we can enjoy many more to come!

    FINAL FANTASY XIV Producer and Director, Naoki Yoshida
    (71)

  8. #958
    Player
    Ruf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    370
    Character
    Rufuso Aesir
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    While I am not a 1.0 player, I feel that I must say this, I thank you from the bottom of my heart Naoki_Yoshida for that post. Thank you for the interaction with us, it was truthfully unexpected from me & I truthfully appreciate it.
    (13)

  9. #959
    Player
    MsQi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    204
    Character
    Jadelian Trin
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 32
    Yoshi P,

    Can I get a 1.0 rear end? I don't care if it says "replica" on it.
    (18)

  10. #960
    Player
    zztoluca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    39
    Character
    Zi Zizi
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Words are nothing without action Yoshida.

    Or will this just be another item added to the list of broken promises.
    (15)

Page 96 of 124 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread