Page 97 of 124 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Mitnu Nulah
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Pretty embarrassing that people actually complained about these earrings so much that yoshi replied.
    (49)

Player
    Character
    X'lota Qi
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitnu_Nulah View Post
    Pretty embarrassing that people actually complained about these earrings so much that yoshi replied.
    You say "embarrassing", others might say "mission accomplished".

Me, I didn't really care either way, but if it's ever stated that something is going to be exclusive I think they should stick to it.
    (11)
    Last edited by MsQi; 08-31-2018 at 04:23 PM.

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post
    Thankyou for responding. I appreciate getting explanations from the dev team.
    (12)
    Last edited by Iscah; 08-31-2018 at 04:50 PM.

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by zztoluca View Post
    Words are nothing without action Yoshida.

Or will this just be another item added to the list of broken promises.
    I agree that words without action mean little.

But players also need to learn that developer statements are intents and not promises unless specifically phrased as a promise. Things can change from the original intent for various reasons without developers intending to mislead or just saying things for the sake of trying to placate players. A lot of times, concepts that look good on paper just don't work out in practice.

You will continue to be disappointed in the future if you take every "we plan to do this" statement as a promise.
    (34)

Character
    Matthieu Desrosiers
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitnu_Nulah View Post
    It's a little worrying. It sets a dangerous precedence...and I'm a little baffled by the implication that it was more than just a vocal minority of people who were against the issue. Of those complaining, many did not even play 1.0 themselves and boast a long post history of expressing discontent with many aspects of the game. Quite a few 1.0 players spoke up to say that they did not mind the decision at all...though they were drowned out by the vocal minority. This was the case across all regions. I took the liberty of checking out the other threads regarding the issue with the help of a translation.

I don't doubt that this will backfire. The developers are already very reluctant to try anything new or do things differently and so there's now a real risk that people will point to this as an example as to how FFXIV needs to keep to its word at every turn even at the cost of stagnation.
    (17)

Player
    Character
    Zephera Mortera
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 80
    I personally don't think this thread deserved such a dignified response, at least a good 9/10ths of the thread was bad faith salt-flinging.
    (20)

Player
    Character
    Bunny Suit
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 25
    Did not expect that.
    (1)

Character
    Riyah Arpeggio
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodric View Post
    It's a little worrying. It sets a dangerous precedence...and I'm a little baffled by the implication that it was more than just a vocal minority of people who were against the issue.
    If it were something you cared about, it wouldn't be baffling. If they commemorated the introduction of feast by giving everyone the same top 100 rewards of that season, people would be mad. Or fifth anniversary of ultimate by the ultimate weapons. As I understand it, it was a hard trial at the end of 1.0 that served as a memento for legacy players. All that had to be done was add "replica" in front of the name.

Thank you Yoshi for doing this. Even though I don't have a dog in this fight, legacy players did stick with the game through its darkest times, and its nice you consider their feelings.
    (17)

Player
    Character
    Lele Apex
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 53
    Aka "deal with it crybabies". "We'll take it into consideration in the future" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    (2)
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Iosefka's Nexus <LAZY> - Zodiark server, Light DC
    https://www.lazyfc.com

Character
    Matthieu Desrosiers
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by RiyahArp View Post
    If it were something you cared about, it wouldn't be baffling.
    The people speaking out against the decision - without exception - did not care about the earrings themselves. They simply demanded exclusivity and special treatment based on something that happened six months ago. I've worked hard to acquire a number of things in this game. I also bought a lot of optional items, including the Shiva and Odin statues purely for the sake of the emotes that they came with.

I don't care if the raid gear I've acquired or the optional merchandise I've bought is made available to the masses. Anyone who does clearly does not appreciate such items on their own merits and gained them only for bragging rights.
    (17)

Page 97 of 124 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 ... LastLast