Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    There are so many worthless trophies because SE decided that everyone should be able to get them. Who cares about that? These things have been exclusive for over a half decade i think thats enough...not that i care about them in any way.

Oh i'm pretty sure it was much much much much much harder alone because of the lag...but we won't find out anymore if its just the imagination (yes memories can be a bi...) of the legacy players or if it is a fact.
    Lag certainly played a part, but the game was operationally different back then.
    And at no point has SE given raid rewards out for a seasonal event. In five years from now would you be okay with them handing out Ultimate Bahamut weapons?
    (8)

http://king.canadane.com

Player
    Character
    Nenemi Nemi
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 40
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadane View Post
    Lag certainly played a part, but the game was operationally different back then.
    And at no point has SE given raid rewards out for a seasonal event. In five years from now would you be okay with them handing out Ultimate Bahamut weapons?
    If there is a 6.0 and we are level 90 unsync it will be pretty much the same thing and would anyone really care about those weapons at that point?
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Kurumii Tokisakii
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Well sure this game here is not remotly hard if you do all the normal content.
    If i would still raid and would own one or more of this weapons? I would honestly not care because i enjoy the things i have i like how they look and so on, no matter if they are exclusiv or not. Its simply not who i am.
    (1)
    Good talk, all. Glad we had it.
    暗闇の力#7805

Player
    Character
    Recaldy Arrowsmith
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Are the lv 1 Dyeable kecks coming out soon? >_>
    (0)
    www.twitch.tv/recaldy/

I forum post glamours and stuff!

Character
    Matthieu Desrosiers
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    In five years from now would you be okay with them handing out Ultimate Bahamut weapons?
    I'd be fine with it. After five years, the fight would be even more irrelevant than it already is. Whenever I see someone using a weapon or title from there I cannot guarantee that they are a respectable player. Not with the numerous advertisements in the party finder that direct people to Discord to discuss 'boosts' for the content in question. The Ultimate scene is infested with dirty money and account sharing...yet mysteriously the people up in arms about these earrings are very quiet when it comes to that particular issue.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Wondrous Waifu
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Raid rewards from basically a different game, Raid rewards from content that isn't avaiable at all and hasn't been for a very long time. Those are the two huge differences here so I don't know where people keep getting the idea of saying "Well what if they did this to the ultimate weapons!?"

I have to assume that it's just an easy target for a sick gotcha argument because SE has stated (If I remember correctly) that ultimates will have forced sync on them so you can't just clear it easily with a higher ilvl, so people can't say those rewards will be unimportant by 5.0 or 6.0. But the content is still there and available. If ultimates were timed events that never came back this leap would make more sense...

And Why would SE put any other raid rewards as a seasonal reward five years after the content was released unless it had some quirk to it? Like, dyable 24 man gear or something? It wouldn't make any sense because you could just solo it 5 years down the line.
    SE has made some poor choices and likes to reuse things, but I don't see at all how this one thing can lead people to assume raid rewards for seasonal events are gonna be a new thing at all when, regardless of if you think this reward is ok or not, it does fit into the even't it's a part of. What raid rewards would fit into any other holiday or seasonal event exactly?
    (2)
    Last edited by Bellsong; 08-23-2018 at 03:15 AM.

Player
    Character
    Kagura Vega
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    Again you are comparing a fight that no longer exists due to the game essentially being killed off versus a fight that probably will still be around, and frankly nobody would even care at that point because everyone will ave moved on and found a new sense of accomplishment through the future ultimates. Compare it to PvP exclusives if you want, but comparing it to a fight that currently exists makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

If the fight currently existed, then granted your comparison would hold weight but it doesn't. It's a fight that no longer exists, where nobody could, even if they wanted get the item. As was pointed out, in a picture it is highlighted and timestamped in your achievements, so don't bring the argument well where's the separation.
    (5)
    Last edited by Kaurhz; 08-23-2018 at 03:19 AM.

Player
    Character
    Zephera Mortera
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 80
    I don't see the point in all the drama over things that are so small you wouldn't even notice on someone's character.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Hex Pathcrosser
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 72
    The fact is, no matter WHAT their actions are, the team is going to anger some group of people with every decision they make. They really cannot please everyone and trying to is an exercise is futility.

Looking at it from a purely business perspective, which do you think is the better way to keep subscribers subscribed?

- Make unattainable things attainable over time while setting new goals to reach OR
    - Locking out the majority of the playerbase from having a thing because it meant something to a fraction-of-a-percentage of people half a decade ago.

People were angry when they made per-account housing changes. People were angry when they instituted the 45-day demolition timer. People were angry when Diadem 2.0 dropped weapons equal to or better than the Savage tier at the time.

But life goes on.

Now, except in really rare cases, you can't wall off a whole block of houses in a neighborhood for yourself and then stop playing and keep those houses forever. Looking back, don't you think those changes were for the better?

Let's look at another example.

You know what got people involved in PVP? Making weapons, armor and mounts attainable for everyone. Yes, you still had to work for them but not to the degree of putting your work/life/school on hold to no-life it through the queue and hope the system matches you with players who can tie their shoelaces. And that's just scratching the surface of a mode that is the laughingstock of the rest of the playerbase. Even the tournament wasn't enough to drum up much activity (at least in NA).

Nobody (but you) cares that you got your name on a leaderboard. Nobody (but you) cares that you got your name in the credits. Those things have meaning and memories to you, as they should. But 1.0 fights are dead. PVP is on life support. Open it up to the masses. Let the rest of us experience that fight as it was. Let more of us fight in the arena for rewards. Let us earn it, definitely, so we can savor not just the destination, but the journey as well.
    (7)
    "We want bunny suits for guys!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Ishgard housing!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Viera!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Cloud's motorcycle!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Blue Mage!"-- OK! ✅
    "We want the ability to earn past Feast rewards!" - HAHA no that's sacred.

Player
    Character
    Tal Young
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormfur View Post
    The fact is, no matter WHAT their actions are, the team is going to anger some group of people with every decision they make. They really cannot please everyone and trying to is an exercise is futility.
    This thread would have got to about 5 or 6 pages at most if the earrings were replicas rather than the original. The tiny amount of people who have originals would be happy, the tiny amount of people who want it for glam would be happy, the overwhelming masses who don't care would still not care.

No they can't please everyone, but it really would not have been hard to avoid this particular controversy.
    (10)

Page 46 of 124 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 ... LastLast