Page 24 of 124 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Scott Pilgrim
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I'm a 1.0 character, who's not Legacy and doesn't have the White Ravens and I don't think we should get them now either.

If we didn't do that fight then, why should we get them now? As much as 2.0 is different to 1.0, it's still the same game. The story followed on, all our characters migrated... why take away their achievement and now just give it to anyone who's level 15 who spends 10 minutes on the upcoming event?

The only thing they could have done to make this worse would have been to put them on the Mogstation.
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Niraye Shiron
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 80
    the only time i feel like legacy players should get salty is if they gave the discount to every single player, the tattoo and achievements. other then that, pixels, are pixels its a small item most people dont even care to look at, besides that waiting on more 1.0 items to be added and then to watch even more salt flow
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Sari Mogari
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 84
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsalmaveth View Post
    The only reason any value is assigned to it in the end is you put it there. Pixels are pixels. A game is a game. Regardless of 'he said she said' it comes down to what value you place on a thing. And if you, personally, decide that other people having something now makes your thing 'not good anymore' that says something about you and how you value things. And that is not the responsibility of a company or other people. That is for you to deal with. No one can take away that you got to participate in the actual Calamity. Other people having an Anniversary Item, same name or not, doesn't effect that. If you somehow feel it does... that's an issue for you to deal with, not Yoshida, the developers, SE or anyone else on these Forums.
    So nothing should have any intrinsic value then? Nothing should have any kind of scarcity or value that creates some kind of inherent desire for people to obtain?

Imagine you just spent 3 months progging UWU for 14 hours a day for 7 days every week. You finally clear and a week later Yoshi turns around and says "actually we're giving everyone a free UWU title and every weapon." Would you be annoyed or would you just shrug and go "at least I get to tell people about how I watched the same fight over and over". You'd be annoyed, wouldn't you? And don't even try to say you wouldn't. t's human nature to want to have something rare. If they just gave out something you put effort into to other people for absolutely nothing you'd feel a little cheated and a bit silly, right?

It's not just a matter of it being a silly item in a silly game. I'm not a not a 1.0 player nor do I speak for them, but if I were to put in some effort to complete a difficult end-game fight for a rare reward which was promised to remain exclusive only for them to turn around a few years later and say "actually nah", then that'd feel like a bit of a slap in the face wouldn't it? That tells me as a customer that I shouldn't invest money in you if you're just going to devalue me if you think you can get away with it.
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Jenna Starsong
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Q: Do you have any plans to give a special item to players who continue to pay the subscription from now until 2.0?
    A: First, you'll be able to enjoy and participate in the Seventh Umbral Era event. There'll be achievements related to that which won't be available later. There'll be achievement rewards, battles with the Garlean Empire, and other items that will be exclusive to that period.
    Q: Will there be any maintenance fees or other costs for housing, besides the cost of the land and house?
    A: In older MMOs, such as Ultima Online, there was a house maintenance fee you had to pay weekly, but in FFXIV: ARR we decided against this system. Similarly, these older MMOs also had a system where your house would break down if you didn’t log in after a while in order to have you continue your subscription, but this is a thing of the past and we won't have any system like that.
    Quoting old posts like this isn't really fair. Those statements were true when SE said them. Just because the game and the situation changed some years later doesn't mean you were intentionally misled.

People will complain either way. The devs can't win here, so they may as well just ignore the complaining and do what they think is best.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Kagura Vega
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Corue View Post
    So nothing should have any intrinsic value then? Nothing should have any kind of scarcity or value that creates some kind of inherent desire for people to obtain?

Imagine you just spent 3 months progging UWU for 14 hours a day for 7 days every week. You finally clear and a week later Yoshi turns around and says "actually we're giving everyone a free UWU title and every weapon." Would you be annoyed or would you just shrug and go "at least I get to tell people about how I watched the same fight over and over". You'd be annoyed, wouldn't you? And don't even try to say you wouldn't. t's human nature to want to have something rare. If they just gave out something you put effort into to other people for absolutely nothing you'd feel a little cheated and a bit silly, right?

It's not just a matter of it being a silly item in a silly game. I'm not a not a 1.0 player nor do I speak for them, but if I were to put in some effort to complete a difficult end-game fight for a rare reward which was promised to remain exclusive only for them to turn around a few years later and say "actually nah", then that'd feel like a bit of a slap in the face wouldn't it? That tells me as a customer that I shouldn't invest money in you if you're just going to devalue me if you think you can get away with it.
    People need to stop comparing this to UWU or frankly any current content, given that there is no guarantee that UWU will remain rare, especially when you factor in that some level of unsync could be introduced in the following expansion, so they will then be relatively common, particularly granted that the new expansion is likely to have changes made that won't balance level 70 particularly well (Possible, not guaranteed). So in this case comparing a sidequest item in 1.x is fundamentally wrong. Not to mention it is an item worth commemorating.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Hex Pathcrosser
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 72
    It's entirely possible that the dev team who said "you only have a limited time to get these rewards before the server shuts down and the fight will be done" truly did believe it. They may not even be the same team that worked on ARR. So in a sense, they'd be right. So far as they knew, these things would never have been made available again.

Although it seems like right now, these earrings are a dividing issue, I believe the intent was to help bring the 1.0 and 2.0 players together in a way that would be meaningful to both.
    (2)
    "We want bunny suits for guys!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Ishgard housing!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Viera!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Cloud's motorcycle!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Blue Mage!"-- OK! ✅
    "We want the ability to earn past Feast rewards!" - HAHA no that's sacred.

Player
    Character
    Forctyus Goldmaul
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    well Final Fantasy XIV and Final Fantasy XIV are whole different games, even parts like a story and others... im really upset of people telling that because Square-Enix couldnt bring this original to ps3, which was planned, so we PS players couldnt do anything in that original. i think its just wrong from PC players to act like this, grow up
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Davir Rohyt
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Corue View Post
    Snip
    Ignoring the strawman of current content being compared to discontinued defunct old content.... if they handed out things after I had worked for them, it would not change that I had worked for them. Anyone else with them would put whatever value they wanted on them, my value assigned to the item would be mine. I had WORKED for it. It's like people who go back in unsynced... it isn't the same but they get the same rewards, don't they? I don't mind. I never have and I never will. Ever. I simply do not care in a game as long as there is enjoyment found. You are free to cry foul to that if you want, I just don't get upset about a video game that I play to relax in that way. None of these items are owned by the players, anyway. These are 'rented' when we pay the subscriptions fee. Once the game is closed down, it is all gone. The 'value' of these pixels is fleeting regardless of anything we or the company do.

Fans, a much MUCH larger segment of the base that SE would like to please and work with, have asked for a re-visit to some of this old content. And while they can not do all of it, they would like to celebrate what they can. A large Anniversary like this... they are doing it in this manner. As I have stated before, the fanbase that is now the priority to the company, ones with higher value logically and economically, have put in repeated requests. And a large company is going to look to answering the larger and more economically sound segment. They can't just open up old-school code-servers pre-Calamity like WoW has. So they are doing Anniversary Events and little surprises. The 'promise of exclusivity' was made years ago and the larger company can look at it and go 'that was then, a larger fanbase has requested something different' and move forward with a different business approach. Legacy Players have set rewards that, legitimately, should not be touched. Other than that, the company can go back at any time to re-evaluate their business approach and the wider market and answer to it.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Tristan Vayne
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Evangelus View Post
    square enix just humiliated the legacy players

good job Naoki Yoshida .... thank to you.

- a legacy player
    They're earrings. Calm down.
    (8)

Baby, tell me, what's your motive?

Player
    Character
    Tyrnia Edil
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    So, can I get the exclusive pvp rewards soon then? Thx.
    (12)

Page 24 of 124 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 ... LastLast