Player
    Character
    Lele Apex
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 53
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanmato View Post
    That's a very... let's say "weird" solution. Isn't it better that they DO find out that there is an option to make it smaller rather than not?
    Same for all, for visibility sake. That's why it locked. Believe they touched on this on a LL couple months back.
    (1)
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Iosefka's Nexus <LAZY> - Zodiark server, Light DC
    https://www.lazyfc.com

Player
    Character
    Leon Reddas
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 77
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanmato View Post
    That's a very... let's say "weird" solution. Isn't it better that they DO find out that there is an option to make it smaller rather than not?
    I think you misunderstood what the Rep meant. Essentially PvP has no option to change the size regardless of whether the player knows it's possible (outside in PvE) or not. Knowing there is such a feature isn't going to change PvP, when the intention is to make the size the same in all (PvP) situations.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lufie Newleaf
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurando View Post
    I think you misunderstood what the Rep meant. Essentially PvP has no option to change the size regardless of whether the player knows it's possible (outside in PvE) or not. Knowing there is such a feature isn't going to change PvP, when the intention is to make the size the same in all (PvP) situations.
    I think you misunderstood Zanmato's comment. They mean to say it would be more sensible if it were possible to adjust the size in pvp and to make sure players know that they can do it through intuitive design, rather than banning the feature for all on the assumption that players are ignorant of such a feature.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Leon Reddas
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 77
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufalus View Post
    snip.
    I really doubt they are doing it on the basis of "ignorance" only, I'm sure there are other things to take on to consideration. Being unable to see Bahamut can be seen as a tactical advantage in some situations, so allowing the size to be smaller (if it could be adjusted in PvP) would only attract complaints, more so than it being too big at the moment. The sensible option is to have it by default so everyone is even regardless of whether they know, don't know, or perhaps don't want to use the resizing to begin with.
    (0)

Character
    Lilila Lila
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    But the change is client side, not server side. I can change Bahamut to small and he'd still be large for you and vice versa. So I don't see where PvP balance really comes into play? People who don't know about bahamutsize will still see a full sized bahamut.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Leon Reddas
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 77
    Quote Originally Posted by Dualgunner View Post
    But the change is client side, not server side. I can change Bahamut to small and he'd still be large for you and vice versa. So I don't see where PvP balance really comes into play? People who don't know about bahamutsize will still see a full sized bahamut.
    I think you missed what I actually said. Yes if someone does have smaller size cool, but they may struggle to see another player's Bahamut in the heat of combat. It's not the case with everyone of course but in PvE you only have to worry about your own, in PvP you may have to deal with several.

If I choose to have a small size but can't really see yours when fighting, that's not balanced and you could have more of a tactical advantage. And if it is locked to a smaller size like was previously suggested, then it's not client size anymore is it and everyone would have the same issue.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kurando; 08-22-2018 at 08:34 AM.

Character
    Lilila Lila
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    In order for that to be a problem, you by default need to know /bahamutsize exists in the first place. He comes defaulted at his, well, default size. So if you made him small, and are noticing a tactical disadvantage due to him being small, then by default you also know how to make him big again. It's certainly nothing that Square needed to enforce.

But maybe I'm just not understanding your point. I'm arguing from the perspective that a smaller or larger bahamut does provide tactical advantage, of course, but even that I really doubt in the long term.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ash Primordial
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Do we have to play on 15fps capped and need to force "all battle animations on" too, to make it fair for everyone?
    The reasoning that "a player knows the game better than another player" thus it has to be prevented/blocked, is pretty ridiculous and questionable. Do we have to ban macros too because the majority of players doesn't know how to use them? Do we have to ban countdown macros? Does everyone need the same HUD size and placement so it is fair?
    I cant even tell if a big bahamut or small is better, if its big you see their burst maybe easier, if its small you see their playermodel movement easier and it doesn't block your visibility so much. It has both advantages and disadvantages.... So it wouldn't matter at all ...
    2 much casualfriendly
    (7)

9. 08-23-2018 08:40 AM

Player
    Character
    Sandra Dalvia
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    "Rather than make some options more visible and intuitive we're just gonna disable them for the benefit of those who don't know they exist."

The way this dev team makes decisions will never cease to... "amaze" me.
    (3)
    Naoki Yoshida:
    ...Similarly, these older MMOs also had a system where your house would break down if you didn’t log in after a while in order to have you continue your subscription, but this is a thing of the past and we won't have any system like that.
    Source: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/113554 at 1:14:22

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2