Player
    Character
    Meaw Neko
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70

black screen after launch

i never had problem play ff14 before until after patch 4.3. now i get black screen after launch, then the game stops responding. a solution that works so far is to reinstall the game entirely. but when i try launching the game for the second time after reinstall the problem comes back and i have to reinstall again and again and again. please help
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Meaw Neko
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    i tried resetting system setting and now i get this
    (0)
    Last edited by aimmy79; 08-15-2018 at 10:21 PM.

Good afternoon and thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

Can I get some addition information regarding the issue you’re having?

Please provide:

- Platform (PC, PS4, Mac)
    - Type of connection (wired or wireless)
    - Other programs running while the game is playing (if any)
    - Frequency at which error occurs
    - Everything you have tried to resolve the issue
    - When exactly does this error come up? On the launcher, or after you log in?

Were you trying to show a screenshot or something in your second post? Unfortunately I can't see it.

We hope we can be of assistance in helping you enjoy the exciting world of Final Fantasy XIV!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Meaw Neko
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Einmimiria View Post
    Good afternoon and thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

Can I get some addition information regarding the issue you’re having?

Please provide:

- Platform (PC, PS4, Mac)
    - Type of connection (wired or wireless)
    - Other programs running while the game is playing (if any)
    - Frequency at which error occurs
    - Everything you have tried to resolve the issue
    - When exactly does this error come up? On the launcher, or after you log in?

Were you trying to show a screenshot or something in your second post? Unfortunately I can't see it.

We hope we can be of assistance in helping you enjoy the exciting world of Final Fantasy XIV!
    thank you for responding. here's my additional info:
    - PC
    - i use fiber optic connection
    - usually i would open chrome while playing, and other programs running in the background, no windows firewall, no antivirus.
    - after patch 4.3 it occurs every time i launch the game. have to reinstall to play.
    - it comes up after i log in.

forget the screenshot. it's not relevant anymore.

anyway, i just uninstalled and deleted ff14 directory in my document. now my launcher is stuck at "checking final fantasy iv"
    (0)

Thank you for the update aimmy79.

Just to clarify, the "Checking Final Fantasy XIV" message is right after you log in and will not show the green play button after this, correct?

This sounds like you are having trouble connecting to the server. Try some of the following troubleshooting options:

The game will use the Internet Explorer web browser to connect to the internet. Open Internet Explorer, then open the "Tools" setting, go to "Internet Options" and adjust the following settings:
    - Under the "General" tab, please delete ALL browser history.
    - Under the "Security" tab, please move the slider to the lowest possible settings or no higher than "Medium"
    - Under the "Privacy" tab, please move the slider to the lowest possible settings or to "Allow All Cookies"
    - Under the "Advanced" tab, please make sure that "Allow software to run or install even if signature is invalid" is CHECKED.
    - Make sure that all SSL and TLS (EXCEPT SSL 3.0) are CHECKED. [SSL 3.0 should be UNCHECKED]
    - Hit "Apply" to save the settings, and then "OK, to close the Internet Options menu.
    - Right-Click on the FFXIV launcher icon and select "Properties"
    - Go to the "Compatibility" tab, and change the compatibility mode to "Windows 7"
    - Hit "Apply", then "OK" to save the changes.
    - Please RESTART your PC now. Once your PC has been restarted, Right-Click the FFXIV launcher icon once more and select "Run as Administrator"

Reset your router by turning it off for a few minutes, then back on

Make sure to use a wired Ethernet connection as opposed to wireless

Check the following Port Ranges on your router/modem to ensure that the following Port Ranges have been opened:
    ▼TCP
    54992 through 54994,
    55006 through 55007,
    55021 through 55040

Your ISP may forward these ports for you.

(0)

Player
    Character
    Meaw Neko
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Einmimiria View Post

Just to clarify, the "Checking Final Fantasy XIV" message is right after you log in and will not show the green play button after this, correct?

This sounds like you are having trouble connecting to the server. Try some of the following troubleshooting options:

The game will use the Internet Explorer web browser to connect to the internet. Open Internet Explorer, then open the "Tools" setting, go to "Internet Options" and adjust the following settings:
    - Under the "General" tab, please delete ALL browser history.
    - Under the "Security" tab, please move the slider to the lowest possible settings or no higher than "Medium"
    - Under the "Privacy" tab, please move the slider to the lowest possible settings or to "Allow All Cookies"
    - Under the "Advanced" tab, please make sure that "Allow software to run or install even if signature is invalid" is CHECKED.
    - Make sure that all SSL and TLS (EXCEPT SSL 3.0) are CHECKED. [SSL 3.0 should be UNCHECKED]
    - Hit "Apply" to save the settings, and then "OK, to close the Internet Options menu.
    - Right-Click on the FFXIV launcher icon and select "Properties"
    - Go to the "Compatibility" tab, and change the compatibility mode to "Windows 7"
    - Hit "Apply", then "OK" to save the changes.
    - Please RESTART your PC now. Once your PC has been restarted, Right-Click the FFXIV launcher icon once more and select "Run as Administrator"

Reset your router by turning it off for a few minutes, then back on

Make sure to use a wired Ethernet connection as opposed to wireless

Check the following Port Ranges on your router/modem to ensure that the following Port Ranges have been opened:
    ▼TCP
    54992 through 54994,
    55006 through 55007,
    55021 through 55040

Your ISP may forward these ports for you.

yes. it happened after i logged in.

anyway, i did as you suggested and now i can launch the game successfully. problem solved. thank you very much for your help.
    (0)

Thank you for letting us know that your issue has been resolved. This thread will be moved to the 'Support Center Resolved' subforum as the thread creator has found a resolution to their issue.

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.
    (0)