Character
    Renshi Hyatsuki
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70

[Companion App] Feedback Thread

Heya!

I thought of starting this thread in order to post some of the feedbacks we all have. Since it's the first thread let's use this as reference for SE to keep everything in a single thread!

As for me, my current feedbacks are:

Android
    • Sometimes the group chat doesn't send a notification in my phone, but I think that's mostly for the lot of people wanting to use it at the same time
    • Put a Send Feedback button, that could help giving you feedback directly!
    • It'd be great to be able to send images in the companion app. Gotta send those dank memes! (and other useful stuff)
    • It would be great to, instead of having to create a group, instantly be in a FC room once you registered the companion app. That way there won't be issues of adding users everytime they register in the app
    • Talking about that, give group admins the power to add mods to the chat room so they can add users at their will
    • Profile pictures and/or emotes with our own character's different expressions, please!
    • I guess it'd be a bit of work to add FFXIV-related emotes (with main characters cheering up for example, or Haurchefant...) but it'd be really appreciated!

More will come out after a constant use of the app. You guys keep the thread flowing!
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Vaeldus Astralys
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Great idea. I also feel like the chat function could be extended to some degrees but it's not the worst thing. I also feel like there should be some way to incorporate voice chat in to this feature.

Micro-transactions could use some work. Right now it's hard to justify having any reason to use coins to do anything. Most people interact with each individual item on their list to update costs or post more than one thing for sale at a time. I think it'd make more sense to have a daily pass and/or hourly pass system as it would feel more fair to the players. Not only would it feel better as a money drop it also rewards the players for jumping in to your app and pulling it up more often.

Add minigames or other functionality to the app that has direct connectivity to the game. If I can triple triad my buddy with my deck, I am all about it.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Waltheof Wenyasch
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephanoa View Post
    If I can triple triad my buddy with my deck, I am all about it.
    This is the dream we strive for.

But for real though, I would love it if we could our retainers through the app as well!! I do not care if it woukd cost one kupo nut. In fact, if we have an option to pay by kupo nut rather than ventures then that would be amazing!! That would HIGHLY justify the worth of Kupo Nuts.

Also, lets us use a kupo nut to access our retainers and put items for sale in batches rather than one item per nut.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Renshi Hyatsuki
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Decoy_Wolff View Post
    This is the dream we strive for.

But for real though, I would love it if we could our retainers through the app as well!! I do not care if it woukd cost one kupo nut. In fact, if we have an option to pay by kupo nut rather than ventures then that would be amazing!! That would HIGHLY justify the worth of Kupo Nuts.

Also, lets us use a kupo nut to access our retainers and put items for sale in batches rather than one item per nut.
    If I recall correctly, we would be able to manage items in our retainers and chocobo saddlebags if they released the premium service.
    • Triple Triad should really be something to implement, and please no premium service for that! Actually, it'd be kind of great to have a "Pocket Saucer" to play minigames in there based off the Gold Saucer.
    • Mutamix Bubblepots Transmutation! That would imply to have a filter throughout all the inventories we are able to access and select all the materia we want to transmute. It'll be fun to do it once you are done with your dungeons, Eureka or Deep Dungeons with all that materia in your bags and not the time to transmute.
    • I just tried this out, seems like the app doesn't support the sending of links, so people always need to copy-paste them. Please enable link support so they can open the favorite browser app!
    (2)
    Last edited by Renshi; 08-15-2018 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Added point 3

Player
    Character
    Elyncia Fey
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    You all have great ideas !

- I think limiting the number of kuppo nut available with the premium service at 10 is too short. It would much justify the premium service to have a limit of 50 or no limit at all !
    - To be able to send our servants in mission via the app could be really great too ! And to manage our squad too.
    - Unfortunately, i can't test it myself, because i can't use the app I've got a Samsung Galaxy A3 2016 with Android 7.0 on it and the app says that it is not compatible so sad !
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mick Gaoxing
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    I really love the idea of being able to challenge my contacts in an in-app Triple Triad!

A feature that I'd really like to see implemented in the future is background music (with the ability to turn it on and off in the settings). The app just feels too quiet, it's weird, so having the default FFXIV theme would be a really nice touch for background noise.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Squintina Nightgard
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    My feedback:
    • Images in chat please
    • While I appreciate that you can click on a LS to "click" everyone in it, I'd rather just make it so I can pick the LS name so that way it auto-adapts as people join/leave the LS and app.
    • Currency tab needs to have the other currencies.
    • Item search. I know you can find items on the MB and then from there get an item page. But that's not the same thing. Libra Eorzea app offered this and it's being discontinued, allegedly because of this app. So this app needs to have that functionality.
    • Let us use the item/MB features of the app while logged in on the same character please.
    • Let us be able to use the app as a way to get "chores" done. Squadron missions,retainer ventures, materia transmutation.
    • Housing demo timers and notifications. I don't have a house but if I did, I'd like to see that and be notified via the app rather than checking emails and worrying about spam folders.
    • Gold saucer. I'd love to be able to use it for triple triad, mini and big cactpot, and the small mini games. I would understand that chocobo and verminion would probably be too much effort. Please, let us stay logged in, even if the MGP earned isn't in real time and we need to push a "sync" button later (while logged out) to transfer it. I'd love to be able to do some of these things while in eureka or MSQ roulette or waiting for a specific time on a vista.
    • Mogstation integration. I think some people would rather use their phone's payment services to buy optional items or renew subscriptions, etc...
    (3)
    Last edited by Squintina; 08-16-2018 at 01:58 AM.
    Squintina's Comprehensive Controller Guide:
    akhmorning.com/resources/controller-guide/

Rival Wings Revival Discord:
    discord.gg/pvprevival

Player
    Character
    Linkci Lunarpaw
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    what you get for paying Premium is pretty sad...

There is a huge disconnect in inferred value here.

I realize there is other features in Premium (which is not available yet), but I am solely focusing on Market Board transactions because this was the feature I was looking forward too!

So Free gets you 1 Kupo Nut a day and maxes out at 2. So if you don't login every 2 days you are going to lose out on Kupo Nuts.
    Premium gets you 2 Kupo Nuts a day and maxes out at 10. So if you don't login for a week you are going to lose out on Kupo Nuts.

Are we worried people are going to stockpile the free nuts and go on a spending spree!

1 Mog coin is equivalent to 1 Kupo Nut except for the fact you don't automatically earn them.

Mog Coin Value is:
    • 5 Coins = $0.99 = $0.20 per Coin
    • 30 Coins = $4.99 = $0.17 per Coin
    • 65 Coins = $9.99 = $0.15 per Coin
    • 140 Coins = $19.99 = $0.14 per Coin
    • 225 Coins = $29.99 = $0.13 per Coin
    • 320 Coins = $39.99 = $0.12 per Coin

So one can say that SE gives you for free 1 $0.20 Kupo Nut per day and twice that for paying $5.00 Premium over 30 days. Which breaks down to $0.17 a day.

So what I don't understand is. Why am I paying a sub on the Companion app when I should be getting 5 Kupo Nuts a days worth in value, but I am only getting 2 Kupo Nuts.

And thanks SE for making me sound like a lunatic by talking about Nuts! lol
    But you did chose the lingo!

Secondly a single transaction counts as listing an item or changing the price. Either one of these will spend a Kupo Nut. Which I can understand the reasoning for this is to help curb market manipulation and you don't want to make the app so easy to work the Marketboards that there isn't a reason to actually login to do the same thing.

But why restrict it this much?!

How I can see to make this better:
    • Give Premium users at least 5 Kupo Nuts per say to at least be = to the value of what we are paying.
    • Not have Mog Nuts expire! Seriously why is this necessary. Are we worried we are going to give our Mog Delivery guy food poisoning?!
    • Raising the Max values to more than 2 and 10. Why not make it 5 and 30. Reason being is $5 of Coin/Nuts should be able to sit on my account right?

I mean I guess maybe most of that $5 was supposed to be in the free retainer slot. But I was more excited about being able to manage Marketboard transactions remotely, honestly...
    (4)
    Last edited by Linkurrra; 08-16-2018 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Additional things to highlight

Player
    Character
    Xaerus Daemune
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    I just got it for Android and here are two things I noticed:
    • I can't for the life of me find a log-out button. I know lots of people have passwords to lock their phone, but this is still a security flaw. It needs to be somewhere obvious if it does exist.
    • The one-time password should be a numpad, not the full alphanumeric keyboard.

This might be different on iOS, of course.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Wyvern Heart
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    I would buy this but I can't when I know the money won't be put back into XIV but to some obscure project, even though this game is in need of much. Can we please start investing in this game.
    (0)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast