Player
    Character
    Zolmation Volt
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 70

Pagos Feedback

I've hit max level in Pagos last week and already have some thoughts on it compared to Anemos.

-Leveling is in a mediocre spot for players who struggle finding groups, particularly lower level players who missed the initial wave of players coming in.

-Gathering Light/Frosted Protean Crystals is in a really bad place because it deters max level players from spawning NM's. The reason for this is because NM's give terrible amounts of light and mutation monsters do not spawn NM's. The cold Lockboxes are another thing that helps take players away from spawning NM's.

-Louhi is spawned a lot less frequently than Pazuzu because he doesn't give enough light or crystals. Its more worth player's time to farm Light from mutation monsters. Louhi also takes too long to spawn. I've seen 3 nights with no spawn where people were actively trying to spawn him. This is a a big deterrent. Theres too many things saying "you're wasting your time spawning Louhi". Yes you need his orbs but most people will get their 3 kills and ignore him where Pazuzu was always worth doing no matter what your goal was. XP? yes. Crystals? yes. Feathers? yes. Louhi needs to be what Pazuzu was.

Changes I would make:
    Make Louhi easier to spawn and increase his rewards to make him constantly desirable the way that Pazuzu was. Giving 2 frosted proteans might accomplish this. I would allow NM spawning monsters to mutate. I would increase the crystal/Light rewards from all NM's so that higher level players have a reason to spawn NM's for lower level players to help them level.

All of these changes together would probably create the NM trains all over again, so maybe we should only implement some of them or even changes I haven't thought about. But the problems we definitely need to fix are these:
    -Help players struggling to find groups level
    -Give max level players a reason to actively spawn Louhi and other NM's
    -Make gathering frosted protean crystals easier or align better with other goals.
    (5)
    Last edited by Zolvolt; 08-15-2018 at 02:20 AM.

Player
    Character
    Zolmation Volt
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 70
    A friend said the Challenge Log should reward light at max level and I have to say I agree that the challenge log giving weekly rewards to max level characters beyond gil would be nice.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ohlala Chico
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    im not lv 35 yet, but the changes rhey did now where kind of drastic..

we got the "trai" back.., but imo the exp buff now was a tick too much xD

those moments before the buff:

- when roaming into dangerous areas with small groups are over.., those were intens / fun moments..., even if it could mean missing a fate here and there...

- also the tesion and focus trying to reach a chain of 30 were nice (even if it ment sometimes a bit of salt when it went wrong)

- the pace was slower / calmer overall too (aside of the chaining, but most groups did a small break after each chain)

though more will do rhe content after this buff and the grind has been reduced, it feels as if it where a bit much..., but probably a drastic messure was needed after so much negative Feedback on Pagos, jzst a pitty that some other nice elements if Pagos have gone lost in the process..
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ohlala Chico
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    im not lv 35 yet, but the changes they y did now where kind of drastic..

we got the "train" back.., but imo the exp buff now was a tick too much xD

those moments before the buff:

- when roaming into dangerous areas with small groups are over.., those were intens / fun moments..., even if it could mean missing a fate here and there...

- also the tesion and focus trying to reach a chain of 30 were nice (even if it ment sometimes a bit of salt when it went wrong.. and arm/wrist pains xD)

- the pace was slower / calmer overall too (aside of the chaining, but most groups did a small break after each chain)

though more will do the content after this buff and the grind has been reduced, it feels as if it where a bit much (maybe a slight less exp buff would have been ok too??).., but probably a drastic messure was needed after so much negative Feedback on Pagos, just a pitty that some other nice elements if Pagos have gone lost in the process..
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Calista Fallon
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    I hit 35 last week during the pain process. This morning I went back in, ran a few nms and watched what was going on. As soon as the NM pops, the mememe Dbags start hitting it without allowing many lowers to have time to get there. Man's inhumanity against man is alive and well in this game...

BTW at L 35, I...NEED...LIGHT so I can work on my other jobs chars weapons. They have left 35s with nothing to do but gather light and that is sparse. Up the light increases for 35s by logs or fates.
    (2)
    Last edited by Besame; 08-25-2018 at 08:24 AM.
    "Fanboy is gaming jargon used to describe an individual that has gone beyond the point of being a PC or console game fan and, during online chats or discussions, shifts to defend the program at all costs, unable to take any criticism or acknowledge any shortcomings of the game or gaming console."

Player
    Character
    Wyvern Heart
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Could not agree more. I knew i was destroying my hands but it felt good to sink time into something lime a merit party just once more. I wouldnt mind if they increased solo xp. I do solo there dor fun.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kurotora Iga
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Feedback, deal with the AFK people
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Grimr Astral
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    For starters it needs to be more like anemos. The instance feels to disjointed. There is hardly any nm choo chooo trains. Most just end up spawning lvl 27 and up. None start at the bottom. You can not run these nm as hunts. AFKers are a small price to pay to reestablish nm trains and the instance being connected like anemos was.

As for the light and lockboxes those also need to be tied again to nms. If you want to attach em to challenge logs fine. But we should not be so reliant on challenge logs for lvls and such
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ohlala Chico
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    the light amount needs to get buffed, especially when doing fates

or its not worth running off towards a fate, when your chaining for light.., besides it is still too grindy to get light on dragons or orher high leveled mobs

for the next Anemos/Pagos step, SE should focus on makibng the enviroment and enemies diverse,.. also so when you go chaining you expierince diverse fights and fun (a bit like now, chaining Dragons or multiple Anubys feels different)... and leave such "bunny" and "buffed gear only for pagos" out, no need to wast ressources and time on such, better use the time to make the area and enemies even better

also the experience early in Pagos (when exploring dangerous areas in small groups and trying to survive), should reoccur again.., just for ca. 5-10 levels, than let the fate train part beginn
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Prince Nuada
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 70
    Honestly, I'm not enjoying Pagos and I miss several aspects of Anemos.

-Re-establish more defined set times for NMs to spawn so that higher level players have an incentive to stick around and help spawn the NMs.
    -This goes hand in hand with increasing the amount of protean crystals received from battles.
    -Increase the amount of light received per battle during light farm
    -Reduce the grind which in turn will reduce the current level disparity
    (2)