Player
    Character
    Tacet Tempestas
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70

90002 Errors - A temporary picture of the reason for the errors

So during heavy times and peak hours, I started getting issue with 90002 errors during the 4.2-4.36 patches. Dropping connection to the server 5-8 times but would taper off in the evenings when traffic was less. Before anyone necessarily asks or a moderator addresses the issues, I have found it's an issue on Ntt.net's side which is the provider for Square Enix in regards to creating a route to the data center. This is what a lot of people are having issues with in the Arizona area which I am in Phoenix.

I just want to put something to note at this time and I don't know if the moderators will address it... is to let you all know that this situation is something Square Enix is unable to address and Ntt.net IS addressing.

Below is the outage chart for NTT. If you people in the Arizona and essentially the west coast that are using Cox/Comcast/Verizon/ATT for internet, this is why we are running into issues at this time when we are tracerouting and pinging 204.2.229.9

Unfortunately, it seems these fires in California are affect the playtime for everyone.

Above is a snap of the current and previous fires that hit the California area. I definitely feel for these people while making this post . But what I wanted to point out is that it does explain for some of the FF14 community why they are not able to connect reliably. The only thing I can suggest is to wait it out

I thought to post this because reading the most recent information and finding that I was going around in circle of "it's Square's issue" to "it's my fault" to "it's NTT's issue"...which the latter is very true but only due to natural disaster. So all I can say FF14 community that is in my area is to wait it out.

Stay safe and have fun Eorzeans,
    Tacet
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Driskus Blackstone
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    I'm in AZ and have been wondering why I've had tso many 90k's, lobby errors, and failed update checks the past few days. Its probably the recent barrage of storms here that's causing issues.
    (0)

Hello Everyone!

We do apologize for these issues. We do suggest the following steps:

The issue you are describing is most associated with interference with the game data. Most of the time, it results from certain security/privacy changes on Internet Explorer. Other times it occurs when an application that is running in the background is causing interference, such as Anti-virus software, firewalls, media players, web browsers, etc.

Please make sure all background applications (including anti-virus programs such as Norton, Kaspersky, Windows Defender, etc.) have been disabled and/or closed to minimize game interference.

Ensure that the latest version of Internet Explorer is installed on your PC (even if you don't use Internet Explorer), please do not use Edge as that is a different internet platform. Once Internet Explorer is up-to-date, please open the IE browser, open the "Tools", go to "Internet Options" and adjust the following settings:
    Under the "General" tab, please delete ALL browser history.
    Under the "Security" tab, please move the slider to the lowest possible settings or no higher than "Medium"
    Under the "Privacy" tab, please move the slider to the lowest possible settings or to "Allow All Cookies"
    Under the "Advanced" tab, please make sure that "Allow software to run or install even if signature is invalid" is CHECKED.
    Make sure that all SSL and TLS (EXCEPT SSL 3.0) are CHECKED.
    [SSL 3.0 should be UNCHECKED]
    Hit "Apply" to save the settings, and then "OK, to close the Internet Options menu.
    Right-Click on the FFXIV launcher icon and select "Properties"
    Go to the "Compatibility" tab, and change the compatibility mode to "Windows 7"
    Hit "Apply", then "OK" to save the changes.
    Please RESTART your PC now.

Once your PC has been restarted, Right-Click the FFXIV launcher icon once more and select "Run as Administrator"

If the suggestions provided above do not resolve the issue, then there is a communication error.
    Check the following Port Ranges on your router/modem to ensure that the following Port Ranges have been opened/forwarded/triggered:
    ▼TCP
    54992 through 54994,
    55006 through 55007,
    55021 through 55040

Thank you for playing Final Fantasy XIV! Hope to see you online.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tacet Tempestas
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    In addition, I have tried port forwarding and it does not help my situation. I am well aware of the position and the steps that the moderators post for technical issues as I scoured the support site and the replies for 3-4 hours before posting my original post. Please understand that this post is to address and make aware that there are circumstances that are environmental that can not be resolved or fixed until the fires are put out in California and Ntt.net's assesses their infrastructure. At this time, my tracert to the server is anywhere between 1-3 lost packets. I am getting 1-2 disconnects or less a run depending on what I do. It is not anything that can be helped by support but it can be made known that this is a potential situation seeing that it affects a LOT of Arizona people because there have been many posts on various sites as well as the FF14 forums that have addressed having this 90002/90006 issues and not getting any proper answer about in the past few days. @Driskus is also correct that the lightning storms that the Arizona area has had is not helping our connections either. Again these things are environmental and can not be fixed by port forwarding, tweaking of the network card or fixing the browser/data info.
    (0)
    Last edited by Tacet; 08-15-2018 at 10:08 AM.

Hello everyone,

Due to no response from the original poster, this thread will be moved to 'Closed Concerns.' If anyone is still having this particular problem, please create a new thread and we will assist you in any way we can.

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.
    (0)