Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Luxy Facecrusher
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70

PSA/ALERT: Houses are getting demolished when they shouldn't. SE needs to see this!

Making this thread because the more people who know about this, the better.

There's been numerous people coming forward who have lost their plots in game when they shouldn't have. They've been inside the plot as recently as the previous day, their account wasn't hacked, they had no warning emails - but the plot just demolishes all on its own.

You can find several threads on the FFXIV subreddit about this. GMs have been contacted by several people about this and they get told there's nothing they can do to reimburse them (You do get the 80% gil reimbursement that is standard to your plot being auto-demolished.)

Why is this happening? We don't know. Is it true it's happening? While I don't have personal evidence to it besides there are numerous separate sources claiming it, I'm inclined to believe yes due to that reason. It hasn't happened to me yet, but it would be infuriating for it to happen after all the hard work I put into getting my large FC plot.

This isn't something that we should be nonchalant about, if it's true then it's a very bad bug and SE needs to be made aware of this issue so it can be fixed before more people get affected. It at the very least needs to be investigated by them.

So with that all said: Has this happened to you? Someone you know? Are you afraid of it happening? Do you just think it's really unfair so want to help us bring this to SE's attention?

Then please, make a post in this thread, give whatever information you can and lets make enough noise for SE to take notice of this as soon as possible. Thanks for helping bring it to their attention, and I hope none of you lose your hard earned plots!
    (115)

Character art by SquigglesFC: twitter.com/squigglesfc

"My worst fear—that's anyone's worst fear—is losing myself and becoming a vacuous person. And that happens a lot when you're very ambitious."
    - Marina Diamandis

Player
    Character
    Alexandra Incendia
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    I've never heard of that, nor have I seen anyone in-game complain about it. Ever.

Smells like trolling to me.
    (8)
    "You have a heart of gold. Don't let them take it from you!"

I had a character card, but then I realized nobody cared.

3. 08-14-2018 05:52 PM

Player
    Character
    Luxy Facecrusher
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    It's apparently a very recent issue, like the past couple weeks only issue. If it is trolling that sucks, but I think it's worth being brought to SE's attention just in case as better safe than sorry. If it gets dismissed as trolling and SE isn't made aware of it, it won't get fixed.

All the claims have been that people have been actively using the house, and they have thoroughly checked their emails and had no warnings. I know it seems far fetched, but I know people it has happened to and they wouldn't lie about something like this.
    (16)

Character art by SquigglesFC: twitter.com/squigglesfc

"My worst fear—that's anyone's worst fear—is losing myself and becoming a vacuous person. And that happens a lot when you're very ambitious."
    - Marina Diamandis

Player
    Character
    Cassandra Solidor
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Odstarva View Post
    I've never heard of that, nor have I seen anyone in-game complain about it. Ever.

Smells like trolling to me.
    So because it never happened to you it's automatically trolling? There are no less than four threads on reddit about this, and multiple replies saying the same thing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...tainers_reset/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...for_no_reason/

But it's all just "trolling"
    (76)

Player
    Character
    Hyomin Park
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    This hasn't happened to me, and I've heard scattered stories about this before... but two threads in 24 hours about houses getting demolished when their owners are actively using them every day or every other day is concerning. Even more concerning is SE alledgedly acknowleding the error, but basically saying "There's nothing we can do, sorry".

Needless to say, I'm concerned. If I lost my dream plot to an error like this, I would most definitely leave the game and never come back. It would for sure leave a sour taste in my mouth. :/ I'm really hoping these are isolated incidents.

Quote Originally Posted by Luna-M View Post
    I lowkey call bs on this. There is multible warnings (check your spamfilters) and also if you KNOW you not using your house check Timer menu, it will be stated there as well.

I think it more about people being ignorant and suddenly realise "shiet im gonna lose my house i never use".
    There was actually a thread made about this back in May, if I recall correctly, about housing demolition emails being received late or after the fact.
    (33)

Bard | Astrologian | Future Dancer

Feel free to add me on Discord if you want a friend or just someone to talk to: Hyomin Park#0055
    I will reply to messages whenever I am not busy studying, sleeping, or raiding. ^^ If I do not respond quickly, then I’m sorry, but I am quite busy sometimes!

Signature was made using: http://ff14card.tank.jp ; Credits to the creator!

Player
    Character
    Baradaeg Ryssbhirsyn
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    I have heard of this but mostly it was due to an old email account the person doesn't use anymore and was linked to the game account or they only entered the plot and didn't get into their house.

Mostly people just don't read carefully how to reset the timer or not updating contact infomations.

I also heared from people that the timer of their FC houses didn't reset properly and last minute resets didn't work.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Luna Mouni
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by HyoMinPark View Post
    There was actually a thread made about this back in May, if I recall correctly, about housing demolition emails being received late or after the fact.
    Even if that's the case it still your own responsibility to check Timer and maintain your house. Obviously you could make the argument SE should make it more visual with mog mail or pop up messages when it gets close to demolition day.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Hyomin Park
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna-M View Post
    Even if that's the case it still your own responsibility to check Timer and maintain your house. Obviously you could make the argument SE should make it more visual with mog mail or pop up messages when it gets close to demolition day.
    While I agree with you, the people mentioning this on Reddit have said repeatedly that they are inside of their house and using it every day, yet they still got demolished. If the stories are true, it's a cause for concern. I'm in my personal house every day, and I'd be irate to have it demolished "in error".
    (43)

Bard | Astrologian | Future Dancer

Feel free to add me on Discord if you want a friend or just someone to talk to: Hyomin Park#0055
    I will reply to messages whenever I am not busy studying, sleeping, or raiding. ^^ If I do not respond quickly, then I’m sorry, but I am quite busy sometimes!

Signature was made using: http://ff14card.tank.jp ; Credits to the creator!

Player
    Character
    Fawkes Macleod
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    It wouldn't surprise me if there was a bug that somehow could cause your demolition timer to be zero. There was a bug with the duty finder once where it could add too many people to a duty which reset the number of people it thought had joined to zero which made it so the duty would never start. Maybe with the recent stopping of demolition timers they did something to add time to everyone's timer and that caused some to reset to zero.

Or it could be hacking. There apparently used to be a way for hackers to steal your gil if you interacted with a retainer. One of the reddit posts mentioned their retainer's timers resetting, maybe hackers can set all your timers to zero now.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Elrica Lavandula
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    While this hasn't happened to me, I've read a lot about this bug recently and also a few times in the last few months or the last year. I wanted to make a thread for this too but then found this one.

The ones who actually HAVE this problem are usually NOT the ones who don't know how to reset the timer. People who actively USED their house just a day ago or during the last week. People who OWN the house and are not a tenant of it but the actual owner.

I would suggest to HALT THE AUTO-DEMOLITION COMPLETELY until this bug has been fixed or at least seriously looked into. Maybe it would be bad for those who want a house on a congested server, but I personally think it's more important to not lose what you already own through some bug.
    (44)

Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast