Player
    Character
    Ayasaki Jin
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80

Already having trouble finding lower lvl pago groups

As the title suggests. I just did the challenge for Eureka Pago during my first day and manage to hit lvl 22 but stopped since I have other things to do. It's only been 5 days and I'm already having trouble finding groups to level up. Most PF party require players to be lvl 25+ and even when I try to make a group myself its always people between level 20 to 22 trying to do the challenges that I've already finished. I wouldn't mind it as much if it wasn't for the fact I've spent 3 hours in Pago and only got maybe less than 30k off mobs my entire time there since the mobs we were killing was only giving me 200/600k exp and people keep running off before we can get the 30th chain because they were done with their challenge or because ashkin just spawned.

I'm now stuck just waiting in the base waiting for NM since chain farming is out of my reach already due to my level. In addition, what little grind I was able to do gives me headaches as I essentially just spent 3 hours staring at the same patch of mob and pressed attack the entire time.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Leon Reddas
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 77
    Pretty much the same, yeah I found a couple of parties that invited me and we did some chains but the amount of time it took to get invited only for people to start leaving after about an hour just put me back to searching for another group. Kinda gone back to Anemos in the mean time to finish collecting some weapons and get the exp too, but by time weekly reset comes I'll have no choice but to return to Pagos anyway to work on the Challenge Log stuff.

I know Pagos gives more exp but at times it really does feel like you have more downtime than anything and makes you wonder what you actually accomplished there if anything.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Calista Fallon
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    That is why after seeing what pagos is, a disaster, I pushed myself to try and keep up fast knowing the outcome. However, it doesn't get much easier with levels. It took me one failed pf and a lot of dicking around to finally get a half way decent group last night with only 90 min to spare on the timer. I was L 29 at the time and trying to find others close in levels was near impossible. We sat there and spammed, people got tired of waiting and bailed and it never ends. Another horror is when you just get your chain up and running and some NM pops, half the group runs to do it then the slow, dying trek back up to the north begins anew. Rinse and repeat. This is the worst content I have ever played in any MMO and I played WoW, SWtOR, etc for years. I am hell-bent to finish this relic one time and then never again...

*Stop with the dying and unable to rez without a rezzer leaving their spot far away to come rez routine which makes the whole group sit and wait. What clueless wonder thought this up? FIRED!
    (4)
    Last edited by Besame; 08-19-2018 at 05:34 AM.
    "Fanboy is gaming jargon used to describe an individual that has gone beyond the point of being a PC or console game fan and, during online chats or discussions, shifts to defend the program at all costs, unable to take any criticism or acknowledge any shortcomings of the game or gaming console."

Player
    Character
    Ohlala Chico
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    I like Pagos a lot for such a grindy content, more than Anemos..

but the big issue is finding members of the same-ish level to chain togeather, Yoshi really needs to fix that (!!!)...., either with giving all players way more exp to somehow close the gab diffrence or find some other methode, so players of diffrent levels can chain togeather..

its a pitty, since Yoshi clearly put a lot of effort into Pagos, and Pagos has a few cool things, but as it stands, it might lose more and more players and become a "Diadem' flop (instead of becoming something better than the Anemos, which unlike the Diadem, was considered "good" for such a massiv and grindy content)
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Fidgety Honeybadger
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiroe View Post
    its a pitty, since Yoshi clearly put a lot of effort into Pagos)
    What are you even talking about, they literally took an already failed attempt at content and just fucked it up further.
    Pagos is a waste of time for people that actually want a casual experience in this game. It's not casual, and damn near impossible to actually get into if you didn't get up at 3am for the launch. It's extremely punishing for people who are trying to play catch up. If Anything they should look into actually putting an effort into it rather then just regurgitating the same shit over and over.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Astral Flame
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Same here I just started the content and its a pain in the tail to find a group. Soloing is a huge waist of time and its not worth the effort either. Thanks again for creating really crappy content. The exp gained from killing mobs is retarded and takes way to long to killing them while soloing it. So screw it. If FFXIV is going to keep bringing out this type of low quality content.... ummmmm i think Ill just give up all together.

Im pissed off because I really like this game.... I just dont understand why they put so many restrictions and gates in content....
    (0)

Were numbers invented or discovered? How many Moogles does it take to make Kuponut rum? Answer: zero... They will give you a quest to make it.

Player
    Character
    Sylbritt Muscadet
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 89
    Not defending the content at all but if you are low level Anemos is still viable from what I hear and the synching means you can level up in there at least up to lvl 24.

If you really want the relic, I'd suggest that route until maybe more people in Pagos have mounts and either the train gets going properly (it's still a bit 'everyone for themselves' right now), or the devs make further changes to Pagos which would hopefully make it more viable for you. Such a shame this content is so unfriendly to casual players.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Astral Flame
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Solarra View Post
    Not defending the content at all but if you are low level Anemos is still viable from what I hear and the synching means you can level up in there at least up to lvl 24.
    Wait are you saying I can level up to lvl 24 in Eureka 1.0 (Anemos)? seriously if so that may help some. But still Eureka 2.0 needs a lot of work.
    (0)

Were numbers invented or discovered? How many Moogles does it take to make Kuponut rum? Answer: zero... They will give you a quest to make it.

Player
    Character
    Kurotora Iga
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    The solution is to dump the XP severe for higher level fates if not witin the 2 levels, then you would see people flocking more to the lower end stuff for leveling up and the likes, maybe even people doing chain to 30 grind more from player level 20 and up on mobs that will spawn NM
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Grimr Astral
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    The focus really needs to be put back into NM and that means light , locksboxes etc. It is very hard to get low lvl groups going and you need to form them outside. The high levels stick with 27 and up and the rest of us are stuck with the lower lvl ones which no one goes after. The nm or rather pagos needs to be set up more like anemos. There were always nm trains, panzuu spawns, etc Over all it is too disjointed and that does not work for a instance that is dependent on group work.
    (1)