Player
    Character
    Reiya Rahamos
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90

Every job should have a counter.

And It should be automatic, Paladin kind of does with shield swipe but you have to manually activate it when it's ready, Monk used to have one in the form of haymaker. I doubt anything suggested for now would end up in 5.0 but if the devs could get one new ability into it, I'd like it to be this simple one. I already kind of dread the button bloat that might come with 5.0, but yeah if one of the skills was a auto X skill maybe even if it were a trait, I'd be cool with that, so long as each was unique to the job that got it, not all them have to be offensive, but some kind of ability maybe similar to something you got in tactics would be neat.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    The only jobs that SHOULD get a counter are jobs that are required to take direct damage (e.g. tanks). Counters for any other job are mere button bloat. That isn't to say there aren't survival skills for every job (Shade Shift, Third Eye, etc), but these are for rare moments in parties (mostly in dungeons) or for solo play.

BTW all melee dps have a counter, it's called Arm's Length.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Reiya Rahamos
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    sigh again someone who didn't read a single thing i said. This board seems bloated with people who either don't read, or just don't comprehend. Forget it, done trying to open up dialog on these boards.
    (0)

Character
    Lilila Lila
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    What would be the point of a non-tank having any kind of counterattack, automatic or no? Non-tanks are not supposed to be taking damage, and kitting out the whole raid with auto reprisals (not the mitigation cd) for every raidwide would turn what is supposed to be the boss hurting the raid hard into the raid hitting the boss even harder.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tal Young
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    An effect or ability that automatically goes off when you get hit doesn't seem very interesting. Might be a neat little gimmick for one or two jobs but don't really see why everyone needs it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ratithgar Jovasch
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Selvokaz View Post
    sigh again someone who didn't read a single thing i said. This board seems bloated with people who either don't read, or just don't comprehend. Forget it, done trying to open up dialog on these boards.
    I read it. Your idea sucks. :/

The reaction abilities in Tactics were cool only in the context of that game's mechanics. In an action MMO like this, they would be super boring and a pointless addition.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jordan O'niell
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    We already have auto-attack. Auto counter would be nothing more than a DPS increase, with a side of RNG. The same thing can be accomplished by increasing the auto-attack potency.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    I read your idea, it was dumb. Needless button bloat. DPS jobs don't need counters because we shouldn't be getting hit if you are doing mechanics right. Moreover, it's an unnecessary button that could be occupied with a meaningful skill.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cammy Tiala
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Dunno about you but I could really do without DPS getting the genius idea to stand in stuff to try and squeeze out more damage on a regular basis. Especially the ones who aren’t fully aware of exactly how much damage they’re taking.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gance Kenal
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    If I'm reading it correctly, your wanting an automatic response to an attack. Say, a Goblin is attacking the Monk. The Goblin strikes the Monk, and the Monk automatically uses the skill Haymaker (A passive ability for this scenario) dealing extra damage, and possibly stunning the target? It would certainly make it a bit flashier and make soloing a bit more fun to occasionally see a surprise uppercut to an unsuspecting mobs jaw.

Would this possibly help be applied with the Parry skill? Higher the Parry skill, the more likely this is to happen? Aka, not only do you get some mitigation, you get a nice flashy attack in response. Like say for Warrior, they parry the strike, then hit the enemy with the pummel of their weapon.

Is this more or less what you were implying? Not some extra button to click that glows that most of the others are assuming?
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast