Character
    Ian Nai
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 70

Balmung Housing Tale of Woe

Hello all,

I recently returned to the game, after playing since beta. I was able to acquire a house on Balmung before an accident occurred forcing me to stop subscription. My house is now gone, and I have been trying desperately to acquire one back. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this on Balmung? I don't want to leave the server I have been on. Is there any future plans for SE to expand housing in the NEAR future?? Thank you in advance for the replies. Have a great day!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rhin Str'iden
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I've seen plots pop up across all four housing districts sporadically as recent as last week, it's just a matter of checking the aetherytes in all four cities on the hour and quickly skimming through the ward lists to see numbers instead of names. After that its rushing to the plot itself and camping the placard until the random lockout disengages. No, it's not fun but it's what's done.

No plans that we've heard of for housing expansion in the near (pre-5.0) future. Keep an eye on fanfest announcements over the next coming months - I figure if they're doing any housing expansion in 5.0 they'll want to talk it up then.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kittypryde Kujata
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 78
    I'm sorry you lost your house. I'd be devastated if I lost mine. The bad thing about the over congested servers like Balmung, Excalibur, Mateus, and a few other is that the demand for housing greatly outweighs the supply. I have an alt on Mateus, and although it's crowded and was very difficult to find a house there, Balmung will most likely be a LOT harder, especially with the RNG purchase timer. Your best bet is to take over any size FC with a house, that someone is giving up to get your foot in the door, then relocate later on to the house of your dreams.

SE won't add any more wards any time within the next 12months at least, because the majority of the servers have hundreds of empty plots rotting away. They have said that they can't add, just wards to one server (Balmung) and not all of them. The only real options I see for you, is to either move off the crowded server, or settle for the scraps and pray to the RNG God's for an empty plot with a lucky 2-10hr purchase timer.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Auriana Redsteele
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 82
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurex View Post
    Hello all,

I recently returned to the game, after playing since beta. I was able to acquire a house on Balmung before an accident occurred forcing me to stop subscription. My house is now gone, and I have been trying desperately to acquire one back. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this on Balmung? I don't want to leave the server I have been on. Is there any future plans for SE to expand housing in the NEAR future?? Thank you in advance for the replies. Have a great day!
    Patience is what you need. Lots, and lots, and lots of patience, and time to camp the few houses that do open so you can snap them up before anyone else.
    Balmung is highly populated with many more people wanting a house than there are houses. Many of the smaller servers have plenty of Small houses available, but not so on the bigger servers.

SE hasn't told us of any plans for more housing in the near future.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ian Nai
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 70
    Thanks all for the replies, I really appreciate the suggestions, and will try camping. Thanks again!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Souji Hanamura
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurex View Post
    Thanks all for the replies, I really appreciate the suggestions, and will try camping. Thanks again!
    I don't know what your financial situation is, but definitely buy any house you can get past the timer on, even if it's not an ideal one. That way you'll be in a position to find a better one, if you keep watching the districts, and relocate in to bypass the timer next time.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Kurotora Iga
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittypryde View Post
    I'm sorry you lost your house. I'd be devastated if I lost mine. The bad thing about the over congested servers like Balmung, Excalibur, Mateus, and a few other is that the demand for housing greatly outweighs the supply. I have an alt on Mateus, and although it's crowded and was very difficult to find a house there, Balmung will most likely be a LOT harder, especially with the RNG purchase timer. Your best bet is to take over any size FC with a house, that someone is giving up to get your foot in the door, then relocate later on to the house of your dreams.

SE won't add any more wards any time within the next 12months at least, because the majority of the servers have hundreds of empty plots rotting away. They have said that they can't add, just wards to one server (Balmung) and not all of them. The only real options I see for you, is to either move off the crowded server, or settle for the scraps and pray to the RNG God's for an empty plot with a lucky 2-10hr purchase timer.
    Why did you not say 'all my houses'?

Either way for housing... each house can have 4 people living in them 4 x 4000 = 16000 people being able to get a home one way or another, then add on FC's that can house 512 members, and I don't know how many FC rooms or if there is a cap for those, so I don't see an actual need for additional wards as they all got apartment blocks as well.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Reylinn Feldruun
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    Click. Do all the clicking. Click some more. You'll get it eventually.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lucerna Sainahs
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Balmung is a bit of an interesting case.

When the plots expanded and the changes were made to the system in patch 4.2, a few players on Balmung, myself included, thought it would be a good idea to keep a living list of the open housing plots. This was done in the form of a discord server. As we started getting more members with more people joining who wanted to get homes or upgrade, we gained the ability to track a lot of timer and housing system information. Over the past months, it's become a strange but helpful little resource that has helped a lot of first time home owners get their places without having to click for days or fork over money to be gouged by a flipper. I'm pretty sure posting the link here would be frowned upon advertising (even though we don't get anything out of running it except for helping people find homes) but if anyone is interested in learning what we've found, please let me know on the forums or in game.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ian Nai
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 70
    Thank you very much for the help Lucerna.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast