Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Hex Pathcrosser
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 72
    I think the second time they brought it back as a favor to the person who collaborated with SE on this, as he wasn't able to get them all the first time around (if I remember from what I read in the interview).

I don't know why they don't just either make it like the GARO event and make it semi-permanent, or bring it back each season for those who want to fate grind for the items. By it being in the gold saucer, it wasn't disrupting anything.
    (0)
    "We want bunny suits for guys!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Ishgard housing!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Viera!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Cloud's motorcycle!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Blue Mage!"-- OK! ✅
    "We want the ability to earn past Feast rewards!" - HAHA no that's sacred.

Player
    Character
    Ein Vaer
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Probably red tape that it isn't on the mog station. They would have to ask the other company and they would have to most likely get a cut/licensing fee if they sold that stuff on the Mog Station. When they negotiated it I guess they decided that it would be limited. FFXIII stuff is SE owned so no problem there.
    (0)

Player
    isnt it messed up that goblet is a housing area and not a tiny goblin
    Character
    Dusk Himmel
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    they will probably bring it back little after start of next expansion just like with SB to give players incentive to do low level fates with new players
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Inigo Meowtoya
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Oh no someone mentioned Yokai. 2 weeks and 806 FATES of pure hell to get everything from that event. Never again. *Runs along to Pagos* lol...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Souji Hanamura
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    I never understood why so many people were upset about the Yokai event. I didn't really like it that much, I did enough for the minions, but it's not like it was constantly in your face, and if you weren't wearing the watch you could pretty much completely ignore it. I forgot it was going on. They even had other events going on at the same time, so it wasn't like it prevented normal celebrations. Besides, OP is simply asking what the likelihood is of getting the minions they missed.

I think that the point raised about licensing is what's going to keep it out of the mog station. As for whether it'll come back, it's unlikely, but not impossible. Basically, only SE knows the second, but I doubt the first would happen.
    (0)
    Last edited by InkstainedGwyn; 08-10-2018 at 03:20 AM.

Player
    Character
    Nixx Delumi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Namida-Hikari View Post
    And if they put them on mogstation, I don't think the players who farmed no brain mode for hours to "catch'em all" will be pleased if you know what I mean !
    I couldn't care less. I also miss events and like that I can get the rewards from the Mogstation after the fact. I'd hardly hold it against someone for wanting the same thing with rewards I didn't miss.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nixxe; 08-10-2018 at 03:19 AM.

Player
    Character
    Parfait Milano
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 70
    As someone who has completed the event 3 times, it wouldn't bother me in the least to let other people have nice things. I'll never understand people grasping onto timed exclusive items to the point it seems their happiness depends on denying it to others.

Probably won't go into mogstation though for copyright reasons so hope for a third time for the event.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Hestzhyen Voer
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by InkstainedGwyn View Post
    I never understood why so many people were upset about the Yokai event. I didn't really like it that much, I did enough for the minions, but it's not like it was constantly in your face, and if you weren't wearing the watch you could pretty much completely ignore it. I forgot it was going on. They even had other events going on at the same time, so it wasn't like it prevented normal celebrations. Besides, OP is simply asking what the likelihood is of getting the minions they missed.

I think that the point raised about licensing is what's going to keep it out of the mog station. As for whether it'll come back, it's unlikely, but not impossible. Basically, only SE knows the second, but I doubt the first would happen.
    FATE grinding at any level is not fun for lots of people, and forcing people to sync down to where they have less than 10 abilities every time makes it worse. Plus the rewards themselves were kind of... strange? Why Yo-kai Watch of all things? It didn't really fit with the aesthetic of Eorzea. Then the grind itself... hoo boy. Getting all the minions and one weapon wasn't unreasonable, but trying to get all the weapons was needlessly tedious. I'm still not sure why I worked my tail off to get the vanilla Whisper-Go mount to be honest. Didn't even try for the golden one.

I know the collab came about because of personal friendships but looking back on it, it really was a strange decision to make. At least the Dragon Quest crossover made some sense as they were both SE properties and IIRC the new DQ MMO was going to launch soon. And it didn't require even a tenth of the grind that Yo-Kai did.

As Gwyn and others said Yo-Kai won't be coming to the cash shop because of the fact that it features characters and items that aren't owned by SE. I don't mind the old stuff being put in the MogStation in general though. I was there and took the time to grind for it but if someone else wants to pay for it since they missed it and the event won't be returning that's their business. The nice thing for SE to do would be to make all the previous event rewards available but, well, business is business.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Souji Hanamura
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Hestzhyen View Post
    FATE grinding at any level is not fun for lots of people, and forcing people to sync down to where they have less than 10 abilities every time makes it worse. Plus the rewards themselves were kind of... strange?
    Point, and I fully agree. I probably should have worded myself better and noted that I don't get why people are offended that it existed (short of lore reasons, but yet again, we also have a million 'silly' FF-themed items in-game, too). I agree that it was as boring as it can come, but the levels of outrage that happen any time anyone mentions it always baffle me. It's easy enough to ignore if you don't like it. Given the fact that it's identical when it comes back you can't even yell that they're wasting resources since nothing new is being designed. Honestly, tucking it away into the GS was the best thing they could do, if you ignore the NPC you don't even see anything to remind you that it's going on.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Emstidor Diabolos
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 71
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixxe View Post
    I couldn't care less. I also miss events and like that I can get the rewards from the Mogstation after the fact. I'd hardly hold it against someone for wanting the same thing with rewards I didn't miss.
    But a search of your profile shows you don't even have the second mount? I don't think he's referring to you.
    (1)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast