Character
    Xoria Tepes
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltyblast View Post
    ~snip~
    I'm aware it isn't Monster Hunter, but I'm pointing out that the way this fight was designed, you don't need it. Monster literally does a stance for 3+ seconds before it attacks. The Garula felt like the worst bit and the least Monster Hunter- like, especially with that big fireball, but hey, opinions. I mean, FFXIV is more action combat than turn based. You have AoEs to dodge and some mechanics that are random (the only thing that could emulate turned based would be just the simple fact that all of the fights are scripted).

My point of the resistances was it made very little difference in that game. They only really came into play with armor, because all armor has a varying degree of elemental resistance meant to mimic the monster. Have -15 or -20 thunder defence? Yeah, you're 1 shot (unless your defense is just THAT high). Some monsters (like Arch Tempered Kirin), you could have as much thunder resistance as you can have and you're still one shot (except mantles are a thing in MHW, which mostly negate that now). It's just how the game is. The event mimics it.

Nah, I don't speak of only the good things. I do think a lot of players complain over trivial things or simply things they don't like. Like this event, for instance. It's fine you don't like it or anyone else, really, but it's for the fans of Monster Hunter, which you clearly aren't. That's cool. I know all of my friends that play Monster Hunter have been pretty much singing their praises of this fight. I like it, even though, yeah, I don't like the adds (but it still mimics stuff in MH, so I'm neutral about it being there). It's not an actual issue, just people not liking the fight. For stuff I don't like, I tend to not actually complain on a forum about stuff I don't like and just don't actually do them (because I know people are out there that take pleasure in an activity I don't like). That's probably why you think I only talk about good things.

Just like I knew a ton of people that liked the GARO and Yo-kai events (the latter being one I completely hated). Different strokes for different folks.
    (3)
    Last edited by JunseiKei; 08-08-2018 at 07:43 PM.
    9.23.2019 [11:15 p.m.]Total Play Time: 1552 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes - You'll be hard-pressed to find a more cynical person than me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Odstarva View Post
    You people are never happy.
    [...] You complain and complain and complain.

Player
    Character
    Axhell Anchorvi
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltyblast View Post
    Sarcasm.
    Google that. You'll learn a thing or two.
    You must be really fun to hang out with....
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Knives Jonquil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 90
    Maybe Voltyblast should Google "how to calm down."
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Arlizz Teirez
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    This fight has pushed my BLM skill to the limit.
    Must dodge everything while sustain my dps as high as possible.
    I hate that dive though ... my 250 ping barely dodge that shit.
    I can’t even drop my concentration even for a second.

I can just play melee and stick at his left flank to avoid all thoses shits I said above though-
    But it feel so good when I can dodge everything and do high dps in the fight that forced me to move a lot.

Even A3S as blm i didn’t have to move this much.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Riko Futatabi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    The fight really shows how unsatisfying dodging is in FFXIV. We just move to sides or in/out it's so slooow and boring. And FFXIVs funny netcode can sometimes get you hit when you looked clear of an attack. The fight would be fun if our ability to evade was always present, not restricted to some job skills only a few Jobs get such as DRGs backflip and BLMs somewhat functional teleport and even those are on long enough cooldowns to not be viable all the time. Again, this fight just highlights XIVs unsatisfying combat in terms or being able to react swiftly to an incoming attack.

I doubt they'll ever add an ever-present ability for all jobs to evade an attack via diving, roll dodging or w/e type of dodge that fits the Job. But who knows, this fight like I said twice before, highlights XIVs unsatisfying combat in terms of evading attacks.
    (11)
    Last edited by Riko_Futatabi; 08-08-2018 at 08:37 PM.

Player
    Character
    Ali Lifesaver
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Riko_Futatabi View Post
    The fight really shows how unsatisfying dodging is in FFXIV. We just move to sides or in/out it's so slooow and boring. And FFXIVs funny netcode can sometimes get you hit when you looked clear of an attack. The fight would be fun if our ability to evade was always present, not restricted to some job skills only a few Jobs get such as DRGs backflip and BLMs somewhat functional teleport. Again, this fight just highlights XIVs unsatisfying combat in terms or being able to react swiftly to an incoming attack.
    That I agree with, people who haven't played action games wouldn't get it but fights like this are very exciting when you have to time evades, moving to the side on top of dealing with long cast times makes it not fun.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Momomi Momi
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Riko_Futatabi View Post
    The fight really shows how unsatisfying dodging is in FFXIV. We just move to sides or in/out it's so slooow and boring.
    You put your [right leg] in,
    You put your [right leg] out;
    You put your [right leg] in,
    And you shake it all about.
    You do the hokey pokey,
    And you turn yourself around.
    That's what it's all about!

- Every FF14 boss fight ever.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Nora Origo
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by PerrinTaveren View Post

The problem is, fight is so random and mostly luck based, (it literally flew towards me the moment i spawned after death which i can't react THAT fast), i find it really REALLY bothersome to kill this thing 50 times.
    Welcome to Monster Hunter. As a MH vet, his animations are pretty much the same as the real version so I managed to dodge his attacks going in blind. It just takes practice. I love this event.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Shao Kuraisenshi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    i consider rathalos EX is perfect, the fight is easy and dont have any complicated mechanic, ppl need to learn to watch and react better, but i will admit this kind of fight benefict more the phisical ranged more that any onther job.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Alijana Tumet
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Fighting a Rathalos as melee in MH is considerably less annoying then in XIV due to the fact that it mostly can't hit you with its grounded close range attacks if you hug its feet, while no such dead zone exists in XIV. They tried to compensate by giving it considerably longer tells before most of its attacks but it still feels a smidge unnatural to get hit by its tail from positions that would normally be safe against other tail swiping monsters.

On the plus side, being able to reliably hit it while it's airborne is convenient. In MH, you usually resort to knocking it down via flash bombs, status effects, or mounting it, since poking at its tail until falls down is a lot harder when you need to actually aim at it while it's flailing around as opposed to just standing near its big circular hitbox in XIV.
    (2)
    Last edited by KageTokage; 08-08-2018 at 10:15 PM.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast