Player
    Character
    Estarossa Oceanborn
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90

Rathalos EX

Hello. I managed to down Rathalos EX with a party i joined after 1.5 hours. All of us were new and we really stuck with each other till completion. It was nice and all.

Then it only gave us 1 Rathalos+ scale...

I said okay. Let's farm this.

I joined like 6-7 farm groups without a single down.

The problem is, fight is so random and mostly luck based, (it literally flew towards me the moment i spawned after death which i can't react THAT fast), i find it really REALLY bothersome to kill this thing 50 times.

I don't know if i am the only one. I think 10 or 25 would be enough. I don't know, maybe i will try at 4.4 unless they ilvl cap this.
    (21)
    Last edited by PerrinTaveren; 08-08-2018 at 07:17 PM.

Character
    Apple Jinx
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    It drops all the tradable loot randomly just like every other ex primals
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Akira Torytomi
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    im with you after i get achievement ill likely even wait until 5.0 and do this unsynced at 80 the gear is ugly and the mount isnt worth doing this over and over again until i get it
    (8)
    i7 12700k/EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra

Player
    Character
    Bacent Rekkes
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Eh, I'm planning on maybe doing like one win a day so I don't go buhnaynays on it...if I manage to clear it (Got to 30%-ish). But the fight relies a bit much on RNG (So if you die, it's because the game hated you), as well as very weird hit boxes, where you'd get hit by things that you shouldn't have, yet other times you could have had too close of a call with it and been perfectly safe.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Ashley Osteichthyes
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 90
    I am not a fan of this fight at all. It's basically a huge middle finger to melee dps. I haven't played Monster Hunter, so I don't know how it translates, but the sheer amount of stun + dot makes this so unfun. Getting hit once is basically a death sentence. Not to mention being knocked back, stunned, then hit again before you can heal, and dying. The amount of damage the enemy does is just WAY too high. Even if I was to compare it to a souls game, you can take a few hits, and you have MANY more options.

This really just felt like Stone Vigil HM will more damage, shorter telegraphs, a healing limit (stack marker and roar), and a death limit.

I'm all for hard content, but this isn't hard. It's punishing, and punishing is never fun.

Edit: To be clear, I like content like this and I want to see more of it, but in it's current state, it isn't fun.
    (22)
    Last edited by Osteichthyes; 08-09-2018 at 11:08 AM.
    When you have lag, every action is an adventure.

Player
    Character
    Chime Ex
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Yeah, 50 for the mount is nuts. 25 would be more reasonable. (well, least it's not 99? but... with primals at least they have a chance to drop the mount while you farm it, so... yeah 50 is kind of pushing it) this patch is actually just: THE MINDLESS GRIND PATCH X

But yeah, I'll probably just do 1-2 wins a day so I don't get burnt out.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Xoria Tepes
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Just went all out and got 65 kills pretty easily. The fight isn't luck - he faces you, he's attacking you. In the second phase, he always targets the person (target's name changes) he's going to use the poison claw on.
    (16)
    9.23.2019 [11:15 p.m.]Total Play Time: 1552 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes - You'll be hard-pressed to find a more cynical person than me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Odstarva View Post
    You people are never happy.
    [...] You complain and complain and complain.

Player
    Character
    Estarossa Oceanborn
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    By luck i meant this: if you stand close to him, you may not have the time to dodge that extremely fast dive move because he faces you and just comes at you. There is almost no cast time, so after stacking if you are unlucky he can just 1 shot you. If not, he can even target you again, and kill you.

It is random. Random = luck.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Fia Mortivault
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Nearly 20 scales here - it's a super fun fight as long as you aren't with dips who will take all three deaths by themselves. Granted, I have been doing the 4 Tank strat and it's been smooth as butter. No need for pesky squishes. My DPS/Heal only friends do not like this fight.

Also, the Rathalos mount does drop from the fight! My friend has it after 2 runs. I just got a Poogie from the chest. >
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Sebazy Spiritwalker
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    It's random, but it isn't really luck. You just need to react faster and not try to finish a cast like the game usually allows you to do.

Don't be greedy, never stay infront of him (This gives you more time to react when you see him spinning towards you), keep yourself topped and as a SCH, don't forget to spread Adlos off your fairy.
    (13)
    ~ WHM / badSCH / Snob ~ http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/871132/ ~

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast