Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Oriens Nadir
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90

Eureka Pagos: Stormblood's Featured Content-- Not Fun.

• Efficient experience grind: set-up a 1 tank 1 healer 6 DPS party within 2 levels of each other and camp enemies 5+ levels higher thank you. OK
    PROBLEM #1: Development team did not give us the level sync feature to create groups without hassle.
    • Great, you got this amazing group that won't go AFK and actually make it to chain #30. Let us reset your chain here for NO reason at all!
    PROBLEM #2: Development team chose arbitrary and unnecessary "resets". Efficient and successful chaining groups should be rewarded by being allowed to chain as high as they possibly can.
    • Please go out and explore the wonderful - yet dangerous - zone of Pagos! OK
    PROBLEM #3: Aetheryte teleportation crystals are around 3 levels higher than they should be to acquire them. This is not Final Fantasy XI-- I should not have to spent 30+ minutes finding a group adequate to my level (because of no level sync) to only spend another 10-15 minutes getting to camp across the map because people are bad at staying alive. Furthermore, setting up camp and having to run across the map to either barely make the NM FATE or not make it because of early pulls/quick NM burn gets annoying QUICK.
    • Use your Eureka Magia Board to aid your time here! OK
    PROBLEM: This "set and forget" mechanic feels like an after thought, especially since nothing is added or changed from Anemos to Pagos. To be very blunt, this entire "elemental level" gimmick could be erased from Eureka and we still would have the crystal grind, kettle grind both of which are dependent on RNG luck. It's another arbitrary system that is here to make the grind to level 70 feel... irrelevant?

TLDR: annoying and inconvenient =/= fun

Does the development team have a solid and clear vision for Eureka? This is a key feature advertised for Stormblood and it feels like Anemos and Pagos are trying to being Diadem 3.0 and 4.0 with absolutely no innovation.

Are developers listening to NA data center players? I urge them to enter Eureka on these servers and see that no one is doing this content because it's enjoyable. Everyone just wants their iconic relic weapon ASAP to get out and never enter again.

Did absolutely no one say this was not enjoyable in their internal testing?

Eureka, specifically PAGOS, adds nothing new to FFXIV.
    (40)

Player
    Character
    Elise Hamilton
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 88
    farming lights is a huge grind xD You would think it will get easier once you hit 35 but nope. Good luck getting a 2nd pagos relic xD
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Lyra Kuroneko
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Oriens View Post

I do wonder if it has actually been tested honestly.
    (15)

Player
    Character
    Cassandra Solidor
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by LyraKuroneko View Post
    I do wonder if it has actually been tested honestly.
    I have my doubts seeing how you need millions of EXP going from 20 to 35 yet none of the mobs scale even remotely high enough to compensate. The fact we didn't even get a party sync option yet they spent all their time on a stupid bunny mechanic no one touches speaks to the sheer lack of effort put into Eureka. Some people speculate they didn't even try with Pagos knowing WoW's expansion would slaughter their sub count regardless. I almost believe it.
    (19)

Player
    Character
    James Oakes
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Bourne_Endeavor View Post
    I have my doubts seeing how you need millions of EXP going from 20 to 35 yet none of the mobs scale even remotely high enough to compensate. The fact we didn't even get a party sync option yet they spent all their time on a stupid bunny mechanic no one touches speaks to the sheer lack of effort put into Eureka. Some people speculate they didn't even try with Pagos knowing WoW's expansion would slaughter their sub count regardless. I almost believe it.
    This seems to be angering the core player base the most though, so it almost seems like they're trying to drive away their players....
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Last Hero
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    because people are bad at staying alive.

Yea, I agree with most of what you said but let's stop blaming the players for the horrible design of this zone. These monsters are specifically set up to screw the player over as much as possible. Anemos was pretty bad. Pagos takes it to a masochistic extreme.
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Lodestone Bait
    World
    Pandaemonium
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 1
    Try to take them serious for once. If you do, it makes a whole lot of sense why Pagos turned out the way it did. And they probably think that way because a whole lot of people were doing it regardless of what they thought about the content. If you further assume that they truly have some people in the team that genuinely like Eureka, there's also a danger of Echo Chamber syndrome.

Hence why I encourage people to stop doing it if they don't like it. Quite likely nothing substantial is gonna change if you don't.
    (5)

Character
    Riyah Arpeggio
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Zojha View Post
    Hence why I encourage people to stop doing it if they don't like it. Quite likely nothing substantial is gonna change if you don't.
    It won't change even if they do. I mean, come on, Feast. 9 seasons. Rival Wings...they did one change and just ignored it. And if the JP people do it, all of our not doing it doesn't matter.

It's kind of depressing.
    (6)

Character
    Malina Loma
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Are developers listening to NA data center players? I urge them to enter Eureka on these servers and see that no one is doing this content because it's enjoyable. Everyone just wants their iconic relic weapon ASAP to get out and never enter again.
    This is the problem. People complain and complain yet they still play it till the end and get all the goodies. STOP PLAYING IT. Then the devs will actually see there is something wrong.
    (4)

Character
    Matthieu Desrosiers
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic-Mal View Post
    This is the problem. People complain and complain yet they still play it till the end and get all the goodies. STOP PLAYING IT. Then the devs will actually see there is something wrong.
    That's doubtful. Even if the number of subscriptions is declining there's been a steady rise in the number of optional items/services that will no doubt compensate. It makes me wonder how much of it is the fault of the developers and how much can be attributed to Square Enix's decisions at a higher level.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast