Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Rathalos EX

Character
    Shinigami Zetta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    I tried it with a couple of groups and the patterns are not really that hard. Just having him targeted will tell you who he is going to attack the minute he does if your close range run underneath him to his back or side step around him asap. Range is a bit easier however it is double with close combat DPS. The only reason we kept wiping was because people seem to have really no experience with the patterns. When asked if how many times you did the previous one most did it 2-7 times. At a minimum people should do the normal one until they don't die or don't use potions. It took me 35 tries to be able to do it with out using potions, and dodging 90% of his attacks.If you can manage not dying or using potions this one is just faster pace with a few new twist. Sure having some MH experience helps too bad you need people for this that actually know what it means to dodge and side step.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Dedayius Lascarion
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    It's a lot of fun but agree the hit boxes are terrible and the wonky netcode, plus just about every single person doing it at the same time resulting in weird lag for many of my group, results in a lot of unnecessary deaths.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    M'leineya Leoh
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    There totally is luck based on this, the luck being that you don't get in a party of idiots who don't know how to dodge. It's also extremely unfair on PS4 players, it's like Titan EX all over again where you have split second decisions to make and PS4 players have enough of a lag spike that they get killed even when to them they're running even before the dragon turns on them.
    (3)
    Gaius van Baelsar: Nor is this unknown to your masters. Which prompts the question: what came first, the chicken or the egg?

Player
    Character
    Axl Stream
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    I was expecting this. People complaining a 5 minute fight where the main point is just to live is too hard.

Explains so much.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Lufie Newleaf
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    It's a nice addition to the game for variety. I like that the collab made them design a battle in a different way than they'd normally design trials.
    I think it's going to be too easy when we outgear it, since it's more a potency battle than mechanics. If you can get hit by anything and not die then it will be simple for everyone who wants the mount to get it regardless of reaction times or lag.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nora Origo
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by AxlStream View Post
    I was expecting this. People complaining a 5 minute fight where the main point is just to live is too hard.

Explains so much.
    I play both games and I have to agree. It's an entirely different mindset since MH is about finding openings and exploiting them and FFxiv is about decreasing downtime as much as possible and hugging the boss. I watched a Monk die at least a dozen times bc he refused to get off the boss during tail swipes. We melee just have to accept 100% uptime is not the goal in this fight.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Nariel Cendrenuit
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    Rathalos and Behemoth in MHW have the same problem, they shove a different gameplay in their game, make it work and call it "difficult challenge" but in the end its just hard because the counter existing in the original game are not here.

You don't care about getting the monster attention in world cause its alway like that, its all about positioning, hitting the soft spot and getting away of every move it throw at you cause its going to hurt.

Its not about managing your potion, its about coming ready for it. Potion are here to remind you you f***ed too much and you have to learn from it.

MHW is all about stun lock the monster to death and erase him from existence part by part, càc player don't have it that bad in world cause hitting the good spot will flinch him and Rathalos don't rush that much anyway (not like his wife... damn those stupid Rathian and Paolumu too, damn I hate them so much for that).

Who the hell let a Rathalos fly anyway ? They don't have flashpod in Eorzea ? The warrior of light is unable to make some to blind a flying lizard ?

If i wanted to hunt a Rathalos just like in MHW I just start MHW and hunt them... And I make myslef a new mantle with the still warm flesh of all of its family to get revenge on those stupid hitbox.

Hunting is a beautiful dance of death, MHW go back home you 're drunk.

Rathalos is for baby anyway, bing me a Nergigante so we start having fun ! You want broken hitboxes ? you choose the wrong lizard...

Bring us a Tempered Deviljho and see if the ascien are still okay with it outperforming them in avery way... I want to see Deviljho vs primal turf war so bad...
    (4)
    Last edited by Nariel; 08-08-2018 at 11:12 PM.

Player
    Character
    Miste Vaer
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I don't mind the fight and the dodging is just something you have to get used to so I don't feel it is hard to get a clear at least.

But personally the thing I don't like is that you literally have to stare at the screen for the entire fight with little to no breaks and the longer it takes the more taxing it is.

If you blink at the wrong time you might end up getting hit if he targets you....and I really think that that is a bit too much.

Even doing the fight one time is kind of exhausting on my eyes because there isn't much of a break in the fight, he is constantly targeting and if you aren't staring at him you'll miss it and cause KOs.

Makes the fight hard to farm for me which kind of makes it not super fun either since I like farming stuff usually.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Nora Origo
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Miste View Post
    I don't mind the fight and the dodging is just something you have to get used to so I don't feel it is hard to get a clear at least.

But personally the thing I don't like is that you literally have to stare at the screen for the entire fight with little to no breaks and the longer it takes the more taxing it is.

If you blink at the wrong time you might end up getting hit if he targets you....and I really think that that is a bit too much.

Even doing the fight one time is kind of exhausting on my eyes because there isn't much of a break in the fight, he is constantly targeting and if you aren't staring at him you'll miss it and cause KOs.

Makes the fight hard to farm for me which kind of makes it not super fun either since I like farming stuff usually.
    what game are you playing where you are not looking at the screen?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Miste Vaer
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nora_of_Mira View Post
    what game are you playing where you are not looking at the screen?
    I think you misunderstood something here....?

Looking at the screen is one thing.

Staring at it trying not to blink for fear of getting hit is another.

The dodge times are very tight if you don't react immediately you're going to get hit and you never know when he is going to attack you, which is fine since that is the style of the fight, it just isn't the usual FFXIV style which is scripted mechanics and/or small periods during a fight where you actually need to watch for random telepgraphs or pointed attacks. IE O7S Guardian Magitek Beam (he uses it at scripted times so you eventually learn when you need to watch for it instead of constantly staring at the boss the entire fight afraid of if he'll aim it at you)

I just personally find it hard on the eyes to stare and keep my eyes on the boss at all times so I don't die since I am not used to that style much in this game.
    (6)
    Last edited by Miste; 08-09-2018 at 12:27 AM.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast