Hyperion
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    FYI,

cleared 25 times so far

Treasure Coffer dropped 4 times so far within those 25 runs

3/4 coffer had Poogie Minion and Proof of Hero Orch Scroll

1/4 coffer had minion, orch scroll, and Rathalos Whistle

So you could potentially get everything well before 50 clears.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Kairo Fujima
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Keep in mind that for most of Rathalos's attacks, you can dodge them by sticking to his left flank. Aside from fireballs and the roar, he'll always miss.
    (13)
    If I die, forgive me. I used to be a Dragoon.

Player
    Character
    Lele Apex
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 53
    I have no tried ex yet but i enjoyed normal so much. So happy this is a permanent addition.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Axhell Anchorvi
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebazy View Post
    It's random, but it isn't really luck. You just need to react faster and not try to finish a cast like the game usually allows you to do.

Don't be greedy, never stay infront of him (This gives you more time to react when you see him spinning towards you), keep yourself topped and as a SCH, don't forget to spread Adlos off your fairy.
    This. The fight isn't luck based at all. The only random part is which attacks he is gonna use next because it's exactly like in Monster Hunter.

The key to the fight is to note its pattern down. Once you do it's easy to dodge them, but you need to stay on its flanks, mainly its left wing.

And you get stunned if you take too much damage...just like in MH.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Rama Kagon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Problem I have with this fight, is that it tried to copy the basic mechanics of monster hunter and failing in the worst possible ways imaginable.

First the fight IS random: he has no aggro table (just like MH) and we only have 3 deaths before game over (just like MH).

HOWEVER, we don't have a dodge button and unlike that game where there's actual hitboxes with actual precision and care into it we are dealing with a system not though for this kind of combat, resulting in many - MANY - hits that shouldn't have happened but that did because "hitboxes are different here".

I managed to get it down after an entire day and let me tell you that, even with my group who knew the entire fight from head to toe, what killed us was that random "screw you" moment where he decided to both stun, poison, and push us toward the firey pattern and most likely waste a death. Plus the first phase is full of nuisance that just don't make it fun - did we REALLY need adds? The Garula is fine but did we really need additional adds that really bring nothing to fight?
    Plus this fight is also not well thought out for melee and unless they're overly geared they won't survive a hit, resolving with mostly ranged or maybe 2 tanks (which is how I got my kill and it was a breeze then).

Overall, If I ever wanted the stuff, I think I'll definitely wait for 4.4 with the new gear: by then dps will have enough hp to survive the instagib of randomness and most likely have enough dps to kill it in 2 downs.

I honestly would rather play MHW than this fight...at least that game is purposedly hard.
    (4)

Player
    isnt it messed up that goblet is a housing area and not a tiny goblin
    Character
    Dusk Himmel
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltyblast View Post
    what killed us was that random "screw you" moment where he decided to both stun, poison, and push us toward the firey pattern and most likely waste a death
    pretty faithful to rathalos in general since that's how he kills most people as does his wife rathian Stun> poison/burn death
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Rama Kagon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Duskane View Post
    pretty faithful to rathalos in general since that's how he kills most people as does his wife rathian Stun> poison/burn death
    Oh well, it's not like there are resistances in monster hunter...
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Axhell Anchorvi
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Yes there are ???
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Xoria Tepes
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by PerrinTaveren View Post
    By luck i meant this: if you stand close to him, you may not have the time to dodge that extremely fast dive move because he faces you and just comes at you. There is almost no cast time, so after stacking if you are unlucky he can just 1 shot you. If not, he can even target you again, and kill you.

It is random. Random = luck.
    The only things random are what attack he's doing and to whom he's doing them. Getting hit and dying has nothing to do with luck and everything to do with having bad reaction speed or reading the monster's movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Osteichthyes View Post
    ~snip~
    So, just like Monster Hunter, when you first go from low rank to high rank, or high rank to g rank (and g rank having flat out kill combos where monsters purposely go after you if you get hit, pretty similar to this Rathalos). There's a reason why Monster Hunter was considered a super niche game. It's high learning curve and punishing playstyle kept out a lot of people. However, to say it isn't fun, well, that's an opinion that will change per person.

~snip~
    We don't have dodge roll with invincibility frames, but we have a much longer, move telegraph than what is in MonHan.

There's always been adds in MonHan. They actually toned down how annoying they were and scaled up how much damage monsters did to each other. This video is almost not an exaggeration (this monster is a konchu). The XIV team did a really good job of spoofing elements of Monster Hunter that is very much, well, Monster Hunter. What amuses me is apparently, Bahamut (even Ultimate) doesn't intimidate us enough to render healing magic null and void, but this strange wyvern does.

Eh, there's resistances, but all it really means is will you take full life from a single fire ball, or only 90% of your HP?

But yeah, if the event is just stressing you out, just put it on the back burner. It's not like it's going away soon.

Been mostly doing the fight as a SCH, and sometimes on RDM. Personally like the double tank, 1 DPS, 1 healer method, but have done the normal method as well. If you need tips, can post screenshots with advice. Or wait 'til someone makes a guide and, hopefully, points out some of the finer things (like someone said, pretty stand on Rathalos's left side to avoid a lot of his attacks, never stand in front of him, etc.).
    (0)
    Last edited by JunseiKei; 08-09-2018 at 09:56 AM.
    9.23.2019 [11:15 p.m.]Total Play Time: 1552 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes - You'll be hard-pressed to find a more cynical person than me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Odstarva View Post
    You people are never happy.
    [...] You complain and complain and complain.

Player
    Character
    Rama Kagon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by AxHell View Post
    Yes there are ???
    Sarcasm.
    Google that. You'll learn a thing or two.

Quote Originally Posted by JunseiKei View Post
    We don't have dodge roll with invincibility frames, but we have a much longer, move telegraph than what is in MonHan.

There's always been adds in MonHan. They actually toned down how annoying they were and scaled up how much damage monsters did to each other. This video is almost not an exaggeration (this monster is a konchu). The XIV team did a really good job of spoofing elements of Monster Hunter that is very much, well, Monster Hunter. What amuses me is apparently, Bahamut (even Ultimate) doesn't intimidate us enough to render healing magic null and void, but this strange wyvern does.
    Except this isn't "MonHan", this is "Eff-eff-Ex-Ai-Vee", we already have enough fights with adds in them. Honestly, I was fine with the Garula because it's a nice tank buster spammer that feels "ok" but those sheep and coeurl and Yamaa just feel a nuisance. They're not even hard: they're just there to annoy you.
    And again you can't replicate a combat that's supposed to be action with a tab-targetting system that's supposed to feel like a turn based rpg. It simply doesn't feel smooth or fast like, for example, GW2.

Eh, there's resistances, but all it really means is will you take full life from a single fire ball, or only 90% of your HP?

Been mostly doing the fight as a SCH, and sometimes on RDM. Personally like the double tank, 1 DPS, 1 healer method, but have done the normal method as well.
    As far as I'm concerned, 10% of hp left is better 0% hp left.
    Correct me if I'm wrong here because I don't know in which universe instakill is better than 10% left of energy. Plus you can still dodge and once you learn the patterns you can dodge "ok" (pretty much like any action game really). I learned the patterns in ffxiv but I still get hit at random for no reason.

And pretty much the same here: we had 2 tanks and 1 dps/healer with massive hp so they could survive the insta-kill attack. I could basically dodge all of his attacks by the end of the day - even though his fire-attack was so sudden and random that i still get hit - and my team was able to survive ONLY because of their hp pool. Any other team that I had couldn't survive a single hit and they had average gear.
    And the ex fight is supposed to be for ilvl 350! Will be tons of fun with that...

But yeah, if the event is just stressing you out, just put it on the back burner. It's not like it's going away soon.
    Like I need to be told that, but I suppose I forgot that in the forums you only speak of the goodness and sunshine and never of the issues.

What can I say, enjoy the fight: I'm going back to monster hunter.
    The REAL one.
    (5)
    Last edited by Voltyblast; 08-08-2018 at 07:25 PM. Reason: OMG they fixed the 1000 word limit?!

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast