Player
    Character
    Ifalna Sha'yoko
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by JunseiKei View Post
    I hope not. Got so tired of SE toning down fights when people just need to get better, especially for stuff that is not actually hard (like Amdapor and The Steps of Faith). Rathalos isn't hard - it doesn't need toning down. If it's that horrible, wait until you can unsync it in 5.0.

This isn't even the first MH-like fight. It's just the first no enmity, no casting bars, you must watch the boss and it's not scripted.
    Depending on the gear scaling they choose, the fight will nerf itself rather hard when the next content Tier hits.
    As soon as people stop being oneshot thanks to DoT+ Stun, it will be a lot easier.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Willig Rowde
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nariel View Post
    Nha its just a totaly easy fight that use other game mecanics ignoring the way FFXIV work : One trash to justify the tank being here...

snip
    This is frustrating me the most. You DO NOT need to attack the little adds at all. They come in aggro'd to Rathalos unless somebody pulls aggro off him. The Healer can easily do this with cures... but if everyone is dodging accordingly and healer doesn't have to do a big cure immediately, Rathalos can hold the little adds with dmg. All of his attacks hurt the little adds, and the little adds hurt Rathalos. The circle marker should be dropped on adds not only to dmg them, but also to keep hate from the little adds on Rathalos.

I had one farm party so far that did this mechanic "correctly" as far as I'm concerned. The longer the little adds are alive AND attacking Rathalos, the faster you get to the final phase. We typically had adds alive still once the Garula came out, and carried a couple of goats into the final phase... the big fire breath didn't seem to hurt them, but Rathalos' other attacks still do and they died during a poison claw charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    You're DPS, ofc you like it lol.
    Your role in the fight didn't get reduced to 2 buttons after a 40% HP drop.
    On top of that, you can DPS while on the move, as a melee. As a caster, with very limited instantaneous abilities, I friggin hate "chicken-run" encounters.
    Esp in a game like this where casts are 2 seconds+.
    Again, afaik, it isn't dmg that fills the Down Gauge but GCD hits on Rathalos. Weaving oGCD doesn't seem to help. So even for melee and tanks it's better to forego rotations to get more registered hits, f.e. interrupting combos to do Shield Lob, Tomahawk, Javelin, etc. when necessary if you need to dodge outside of melee range. Casters/Healers should only be using GCD spells with cast times shorter than the GCD cooldown to fill the Down Gauge.

Once Rathalos is down everyone can do DPS rotations.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ifalna Sha'yoko
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowde View Post
    Again, afaik, it isn't dmg that fills the Down Gauge but GCD hits on Rathalos. Weaving oGCD doesn't seem to help. So even for melee and tanks it's better to forego rotations to get more registered hits, f.e. interrupting combos to do Shield Lob, Tomahawk, Javelin, etc. when necessary if you need to dodge outside of melee range. Casters/Healers should only be using GCD spells with cast times shorter than the GCD cooldown to fill the Down Gauge.

Once Rathalos is down everyone can do DPS rotations.
    While correct, you are missing my point entirely.

DPS still get to play their classes, even if heavy movement restricts their DPS.
    As a healer I feel pretty retarded being a dispel bot in Phase II.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ein Vaer
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    TBH I think they threw in the cleanse mechanics so healers have something to do since they were definitely not going to remove the healing down mechanic since they want you to use the potions like in MH.

If you took that out healers would have nothing to do but to DPS which uh usually doesn't go over well.

Not to mention if you don't need cleanse and healers end up dpsing you might as well just bring another dps if you can just pot some in the first phase or avoid enough damage where a lot of healing isn't needed.
    (2)
    Last edited by Vaer; 08-10-2018 at 03:08 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ifalna Sha'yoko
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaer View Post
    TBH I think they threw in the cleanse mechanics so healers have something to do since they were definitely not going to remove the healing down mechanic since they want you to use the potions like in MH. If you took that out healers would have nothing to do but to DPS which uh usually doesn't go over well.
    Understandable, though personally, I wish they'd rebalance the fight to not include healers at all.
    At least that would be honest from the start instead of being gimped for half the fight, watching helplessly as people die around you.
    (0)

Understandable, though personally, I wish they'd rebalance the fight to not include healers at all.
    At least that would be honest from the start instead of being gimped for half the fight, watching helplessly as people die around you.
    you can still help increase the Down meter.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ein Vaer
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    You would be excluding players with no other jobs leveled from doing it though.

A better way would be a system where you would be "roleplaying" a hunter, and everyone gets a bunch of new skills more tailored to the content like dodge with a cooldown, the pots like now, and some damage skills. Everyone ends up having the same base abilities and maybe some extra ones depending on the role you are on like cleanse or block.
    (2)

Character
    Riyah Arpeggio
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Yeah, Phase I was fun, actually. I liked it. Having no big yellow telegraphs at all was a nice change and damage was appropriately heavy to be entertaining.

It's phase II that makes me want to go shoot myself.
    Phase 1 is annoying, too.

No telegraphs...except for the big fireball marker which is incredibly slow and has rath dramatically pause at the end of it because 20k HP damage + cleanse is required, and not everyone is good enough to precast.

Oh, and 20k incoming aoe roar damage when your medica hits for 5-6k and the last thing you want to do is stack for a cure 3. But hey, lets make a fight that is perfect for scholar, since all of its heals are instant gcds save physick. It kind of shows what happens when you do alternative content like this, jobs that are balanced well for 8 man stuff tend to have serious advantages/disadvantages for other things.
    (0)
    Last edited by RiyahArp; 08-10-2018 at 03:24 AM.

Player
    Character
    Ifalna Sha'yoko
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaer View Post
    A better way would be a system where you would be "roleplaying" a hunter, and everyone gets a bunch of new skills more tailored to the content like dodge with a cooldown, the pots like now, and some damage skills. Everyone ends up having the same base abilities and maybe some extra ones depending on the role you are on like cleanse or block.
    That would indeed be the best way to do it, putting everyone on equal footing, but I'm afraid that would not fit into the scope of a small promotional event anymore.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Willig Rowde
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    While correct, you are missing my point entirely.

DPS still get to play their classes, even if heavy movement restricts their DPS.
    As a healer I feel pretty retarded being a dispel bot in Phase II.
    You are missing my point. As was already pointed out, you can still help to fill the down gauge. Filling the Down Gauge has nothing to do with Rotations. It's just as effective for everyone to press one or two buttons to accomplish this.

If everyone else is dodging accordingly, then that is the main thing you will be doing. If someone does get hit, you get to be the hero that can remove status effect and help to prevent a wipe. WHICH is similar to clinch Life Powder/Herbal Powder use in MH to prevent a cart when somebody else get hit by the claw or stomp and is left at low life while stunned and poisoned.

Quote Originally Posted by RiyahArp View Post
    Phase 1 is annoying, too.

No telegraphs...

snip
    All of his attacks are telegraphed in Phase 1. You can tell exactly what he's going to do based on his posture before attacking.
    (3)
    Last edited by Rowde; 08-10-2018 at 03:30 AM.

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast