Character
    Eliesse Gainsburough
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60

Returning player

Hi,

I have finally returned after completing the MSQ before patch 2.1, now I'm up to playing patch 2.4 before jumping into HW. I am wasting a lot of my time waiting for duty finder as loads of old dungeons or primal's.

Does the game still make you have to run dungeons and primals as part of the story (can be immersion breaking waiting for duty finder).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Yes some dungeons are required.
    Tanks and healers have next to no queue time, DPS generally gotta wait.

You can also undersized them in the DF options. You can solo stuff that way, or go with a partial party.
    Additionally look into Party Finder. Of you mention it's your first time when recruiting for something, people will join you for the sweet bonus you provide to them.
    (1)

http://king.canadane.com

Player
    Character
    Eliesse Gainsburough
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadane View Post
    Yes some dungeons are required.
    Tanks and healers have next to no queue time, DPS generally gotta wait.

You can also undersized them in the DF options. You can solo stuff that way, or go with a partial party.
    Additionally look into Party Finder. Of you mention it's your first time when recruiting for something, people will join you for the sweet bonus you provide to them.
    Cool, thank you for the info
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Frizze Steeleblaze
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    So... super minor spoiler i guess?
    Yeah, the basic pattern at 50 was 1 trial required per patch(not counting ifrit titan and garuda hard - those were extras that you needed to catch up on), and a required dungeon every 2nd or 3rd patch. Once you get to the expansions its a dungeon every odd level(1 optional per expansion), one trial early in the cycle and one late until you reach the cap. Each cap level starts with a dungeon and trial, then its similar to 50 with each patch having a dungeon a trial or both(HW and SB have been tilted a little more toward required dungeons then required trials compared to ARR). There are also a ton of extra optional dungeons trials and raids at all 3 cap levels.

And Canadane is very correct. Learning to use the PF will shorten a lot of these waits considerably. If you just want to win and move on, using higher level friends to "unsynch" the dungeons is also an option(you dont get exp on these runs, but bringing a level 70 friend or two along guarantees a fairly quick and smooth win). And of course, queing with a friend(especially one playing a tank or healer) will also shorten all those ques a ton - or bring a full group and not wait at all. Good luck, and welcome back.
    (0)