Player
    Character
    Ayasaki Jin
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80

HoH broke me

I've put about 50+ hours into trying to reach heaven on high floor 100 now. While some of you would laugh at my meager amount of devotion to HoH, 50+ hour is an insane amount for me to devote within the span of 2 weeks being the pleb that I am. I've reached 90+ many times but always to fail at the finish line that I feel like giving up this game altogether because I've never felt I've wasted so much time in my entire life.

The sad part is it's not even because of skill. I've done my best doing my job and was lucky enough to find amazing party members that did their best but the RNG element in HoH is too much. I've had runs where I can't even find a single magicite or runs where during the most desperate times only find nothing but alteration and intuition. All the hard work only to be screwed by the game at floor 99 where the game decides to give you Gloom, blind, no items for the 6th time in a row with mobs so clustered they mash together to and 3 pegasuses running to your spawn at once, often glitched into the wall and ready to screw your out 5 hours of hard work. Usually when I wipe hour after hours of raiding I would often at least have ways to improve my odds of beating it: get better gear, find better teammates, wait for the new expansion and just overpower the enemy. HoH is not like this, if you spent 5 hours to reach to the top only to die to some bad RNG then the best HoH can offer you is "better luck next time".

It's too much! I feel mentally exhausted by HoH and feel like it has become disruptive of my life on an unhealthy level.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kaku_Jin; 08-05-2018 at 10:45 PM.

Player
    Character
    Vyncent Nolan
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Are you talking solo or in a party? For solo, you'll have to put the time in to clear it or wait for nerfs. For a party, rng would need to be really against you to prevent you from clearing.
    • The party should watch for patrols and call it out if they see one. Most patrols aggro on sight, making it easy to avoid pulling them if you don't want to
    • If a member activates a lure trap on the higher floors, let the spawned mobs down them so aggro resets. (If the healer has a regen on them, the healer will also aggro the spawned mobs)
    • You can sac a member to save time or to prevent wipes. You can have a member run in and grab an accursed hoard and then res them if they spawn a trap or aggro mobs already in the room and you can let the tank test exits for traps in the large rooms
    • Know what each mob can do and how to deal with their attacks
    • You can dodge many attacks by breaking line of sight with the mob. The only exceptions I can think of are a chimera's voice attack, the thunder II prey from the muud suud mob, pox from mimics and maybe a jinba's allagan meteor placed in an awkward spot
    • Save serenity poms until the very last floors unless absolutely necessary
    • Once you're full on magicite, ignore silver chests unless they're near the start of a floor. Don't fish for odin. The floor 90 boss doesn't take anywhere near as long as the time you would spend going after the extra silvers or the 91+ floor you could skip with it
    • Ignore all brown chests as you get a bit higher unless you really need a phoenix down
    • Don't open chests while the party is in combat. If it's a landmine (silver) or mimic (any chest at higher levels), you risk a wipe
    • You should have 3 petri poms and 3 magicite going into 91. If you don't, you were either very unlucky with rng or the party got sloppy and had to use them earlier. 3 petri and 3 magicite means you only really need to deal with 3 floors.
    • Party comp can make quite a difference. Two rdm can throw out a res anytime. Melee and blm can only use limited items to res and they can't be in combat. Smn can res in combat, but not as fast as rdm and their egi can accidentally aggro mobs. Whm can sleep some mobs while ast has an ogcd stun and can provide boles to the tank. Pld has gcd stun
    • Sustaining potions, echo drops and spine drops can help
    • Don't allow any members to run off by themselves once you reach 60 or 70
    (5)

3. 08-06-2018 06:17 AM

Player
    Character
    Inglis Eucus
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    HoH not even worth running till they fix sacks problem. where they give out more junk than good items. opened 40+ platinum sacks and only got 2 good items mini heaven on high tower and the fiend axe rest was materia or fireworks. Rewards should be very good for platinum sacks when takes 4+ hours to just get one.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sand Whichi
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Vnolan View Post
    Are you talking solo or in a party? For solo, you'll have to put the time in to clear it or wait for nerfs. For a party, rng would need to be really against you to prevent you from clearing.
    • The party should watch for patrols and call it out if they see one. Most patrols aggro on sight, making it easy to avoid pulling them if you don't want to
    • If a member activates a lure trap on the higher floors, let the spawned mobs down them so aggro resets. (If the healer has a regen on them, the healer will also aggro the spawned mobs)
    • You can sac a member to save time or to prevent wipes. You can have a member run in and grab an accursed hoard and then res them if they spawn a trap or aggro mobs already in the room and you can let the tank test exits for traps in the large rooms
    • Know what each mob can do and how to deal with their attacks
    • You can dodge many attacks by breaking line of sight with the mob. The only exceptions I can think of are a chimera's voice attack, the thunder II prey from the muud suud mob, pox from mimics and maybe a jinba's allagan meteor placed in an awkward spot
    • Save serenity poms until the very last floors unless absolutely necessary
    • Once you're full on magicite, ignore silver chests unless they're near the start of a floor. Don't fish for odin. The floor 90 boss doesn't take anywhere near as long as the time you would spend going after the extra silvers or the 91+ floor you could skip with it
    • Ignore all brown chests as you get a bit higher unless you really need a phoenix down
    • Don't open chests while the party is in combat. If it's a landmine (silver) or mimic (any chest at higher levels), you risk a wipe
    • You should have 3 petri poms and 3 magicite going into 91. If you don't, you were either very unlucky with rng or the party got sloppy and had to use them earlier. 3 petri and 3 magicite means you only really need to deal with 3 floors.
    • Party comp can make quite a difference. Two rdm can throw out a res anytime. Melee and blm can only use limited items to res and they can't be in combat. Smn can res in combat, but not as fast as rdm and their egi can accidentally aggro mobs. Whm can sleep some mobs while ast has an ogcd stun and can provide boles to the tank. Pld has gcd stun
    • Sustaining potions, echo drops and spine drops can help
    • Don't allow any members to run off by themselves once you reach 60 or 70
    Ah actually Bronze chests can only be mimics up to floor 30 and silvers are 31-60 and golds are 61-100
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Calista Fallon
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Stopped running it quite a while back, can't deal with never getting past floor 30.
    (0)
    "Fanboy is gaming jargon used to describe an individual that has gone beyond the point of being a PC or console game fan and, during online chats or discussions, shifts to defend the program at all costs, unable to take any criticism or acknowledge any shortcomings of the game or gaming console."

Player
    Character
    Talitha Solarien
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Besame View Post
    Stopped running it quite a while back, can't deal with never getting past floor 30.
    That, due to fact that a run can take a few hours and combined with the really antiquated save system, has been hindering me as well. After release you could find quite a few parties in PF all the time, this has changed a lot. Now it's just another abandoned piece of end game content that SE and the community love to create to much ... ;-)
    (0)