Character
    Logress Adasher
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90

The conpainon app

[New to the forms and didn't know where to put this]

So it was said that the app would come out late July we are now starting the month of August and yet, its not out ((to my knowledge))
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Stouter Taru
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Exactly, it's only August, it's still 11 months away.
    (25)

Player
    Character
    Fayt Azuresky
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 80
    I don't know how everyone knows the late July date and not the early August update, but it's supposed to be going through app review processes and coming out soon. All the info has been in live letters.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mica Zerrshia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    If you have been following SE over the past 20 or so years you would understand nothing ever comes out when they say it will. And don't expect updates, further information or any kind of open communication, they don't do that.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Franz Renatus
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    The last update we have on the companion app was during the Live Letter.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/371409

TLDR: Eventually. It's waiting on Appstore/Google Play approval.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Noel Maimhov
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    in this case it's indeed not in the hands of SE. They said in the last LL that the app is up for review/approving by Apple and Android and that they have no idea how long that will actually take. Yoshi even said to expect it to be released on a very short notice
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Franz Renatus
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    I'm not sure about Google, but Apple's return time for that is about 2-3 weeks, iirc? And that's assuming it's otherwise "perfect" to them. WE don't know exactly when they were submitted, but I'd say it's safe to assume that it'll launch in August unless something has gone wrong.
    (0)

Hello, everyone. This is FFXIV Producer and Director, Naoki Yoshida.

During a recent Letter from the Producer LIVE, I mentioned our new companion app would be released around the end of July or the beginning of August. Unfortunately, we’ve had to push back this date, and I wish to apologize, as well as explain the reason for the delay.

Testing and debugging of the app itself is complete, and we submitted it to distributors at the end of July. As you might imagine, FFXIV Companion contains features not typically found in a mobile app, some of which require registration and installation of the game. The implementation of these features has necessitated several exchanges with the distributors, which has delayed the processing of our submission by several days.

Furthermore, upon closer inspection of the app’s features─more specifically, the chat function─while there are no problems with its functionality, there were certain aspects of the design we weren’t completely satisfied with, which have since been adjusted.

Our submission should be processed within a few days, and we plan to release the app as soon we receive approval, which could even be this week.

Again, I apologize for the delay, and I ask that you bear with us a little while longer.
    (31)

Player
    Character
    Fawkes Macleod
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    It's on the google play store but not available for everyone yet.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Momomi Momi
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post
    Furthermore, upon closer inspection of the app’s features─more specifically, the chat function─while there are no problems with its functionality, there were certain aspects of the design we weren’t completely satisfied with, which have since been adjusted.
    So it's going to actually let you chat with your FC members in some kind of meaningful way now, and not just be some inferior Discord, right?

You know, the feature that people actually wanted this app for. The one feature you touted 3 years ago when you first mentioned this thing was in development.
    (8)

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast