Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Character
    Delphina Solstice
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Prior to somewhere in 2.4, there are farrr too many tedious fetch quests, with the Titan arc being the worst offender. I've lost count of how many times I've had friends in my FC say that they had other friends quit during the pre-2.0 MSQ because of all the fetch quests. I myself was warned repeatedly in advance, and told it gets much better towards the end of ARR, so I slogged through, but goddamn if I didn't resent the hell out of being forced to fetch food ingredients for 6 hours (I honestly have no idea how long it was) while Limsa Lominsa was in mortal peril.

Quite a few quests during this span could benefit from pruning, having auto-teleports attached, being made into optional sidequests, restructured, otherwise shortened, or outright eliminated. If they made that stretch even 20% shorter it could have a very positive affect on the storytellng and newbie player retention, particularly from levels 30-35.

So while I wouldn't use it too often, a few auto-teleports could help the MSQ's presentation. Mainly for ARR though, not for anything past that really.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Xixi Eclipse
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    There's a lot of fetch-type quests in the msq they could cull - no need to dump them completely, they can still use them as side quests.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Delphina Solstice
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Yeah, I'd take a combined approach of combining and shortening some of these quests via cutscenes, and also making some into sidequests. The cutscene at the end of 2.1 where someone else fetched all the crystals for the Limsa barge to fight Leviathan, along with some of the Scions explaining the mechanics of it all with graphical aids, that was a good example of condensing a story for the better.

I do think Brayflox should be still be mandatory, since it's one of the better leveling dungeons and the only one for quite some time before or after, but the ostensible storyline reason for you going in there is beyond dumb, so that's one thing I might outright change. Just make it obvious that the dungeon is actually a test, as in a test to see if you'd survive fighting Titan, not a dangerous place to go fetch exotic cheese for some banquet in order to secure someone rich person's help for reasons that I cannot freaking remember because they were so dumb and/or unexplained.

Like just have a side character tell you "look, if you can't make it through this zone and take out the dragon at the end of it, there's no way you're way you're beating Titan. The cheese is just to show you did it."
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Auriana Redsteele
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 82
    Quote Originally Posted by DelSolstice View Post
    I do think Brayflox should be still be mandatory, since it's one of the better leveling dungeons and the only one for quite some time before or after, but the ostensible storyline reason for you going in there is beyond dumb, so that's one thing I might outright change. Just make it obvious that the dungeon is actually a test, as in a test to see if you'd survive fighting Titan, not a dangerous place to go fetch exotic cheese for some banquet in order to secure someone rich person's help for reasons that I cannot freaking remember because they were so dumb and/or unexplained.

Like just have a side character tell you "look, if you can't make it through this zone and take out the dragon at the end of it, there's no way you're way you're beating Titan. The cheese is just to show you did it."
    All the silly fetch quests leading up to Titan are a test to see if you are good enough. You just don't get told that it is until afterwards. And the banquet? It is to honor you.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ulala Ula
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 60
    Yet i miss all those quests on SB... its so plain without them >_>
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kaiten Kenbu
    World
    Typhon
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    Aren't there auto-teleports to npc for certain dungeon/raid quests?

MSQs could do with auto-teleports after completion of the respective dungeons.
    (1)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2