Page 11 of 73 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    Player

Meh i dont care about the name. it might be called server 3 or whatever.
    If all my guys get to be in the same server as i am anyways, name don't matter.

We can all talk about it and just choose same one.
    i bet me and all toons and names i am sick of looking at will
    all end up being on same server again SUPERLAWL.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tony Tony
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 30
    Quote Originally Posted by leomax View Post
    Would it be possible to lets say buy new copy of XIV before the merge, create a character with same name, log into the server after the duplicate character name to change you're name?
    Sadly, no. Player who was first to make the name gets to keep it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Delsus Highwind
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    I will be following my linkshell to a new server and I hope my friends will come, but I am not sure about that one, will have to chat to em soon.

I actually like this system, they have given us plenty of time to decide, if someone is not currently playing they can easilly reactivate just to choose a world, and maybe try out 1.21 as well while they are there. If someone has a friend that cannot play for a real reason (ex people that didnt ragequit) they can give thier acc info to someone they trust to change worlds for them.

And the people that played one month then ragequit till 2.0 deserve to get a random server, its the price you pay for not paying.

The only 2 problems I have are:

We need to know the names of the servers asap, we cannot really make a decision or discuss it with friends or linkshells until we know new server names.

And will a free choice be available when 2.0 is released, I have friends that are joining on PS3 and have said they want to play on the same server as me, I would hate to not beable to play with them just because they dont have a PC that can run the game or dont like playing on PC (most of them fit the fomor better).

Edit: If they follow online FF tradition they will be named after something from previous FF games, FFXI had summon names, FFXIV beta had villain names and now we have old town names, what about hero names, I would love a Kain Highwind server
    (0)
    Last edited by Delsus; 02-09-2012 at 07:38 PM.

Player
    Character
    Roranora Nonanora
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by BeePee View Post
    Sadly, no. Player who was first to make the name gets to keep it.
    Aw, thanks for the heaps up.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kenmachy Peachy
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 60
    They will re-open server and lets people choose server again after 2.0 hit so people need to calm down. I think this way is bad because people have to wait for v2.0 in order to play with their friends.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Hazel Hargreaves
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 55
    So, I didn't read all the posts but what exactly is this fuss about servers names ? You got numbers, can't you deal with numbers from 1 to 10 ?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Delsus Highwind
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by KenPeach View Post
    They will re-open server and lets people choose server again after 2.0 hit so people need to calm down. I think this way is bad because people have to wait for v2.0 in order to play with their friends.
    While it is probably true there is nothing in the notes that confirm it, so right now thats just speculation.

Also, it just occured to me that there is a chance they are doing a server upgrade as well, seeing as we have seen alot of server issues, which could be why they are just making everyone change, I know that doesnt require them to have a new name but something to throw out there.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tony Tony
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 30
    Shaedhen, it's not the naming issue. Main thing is that absent players will be automatically placed into random servers. Note I said absent, because some people may have rl issues that will keep them from logging in during the transfer period (boot camp, sickness, death in the family, etc). They'll be back as soon as they can, only to find they lost their friends.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Delsus Highwind
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaedhen View Post
    So, I didn't read all the posts but what exactly is this fuss about servers names ? You got numbers, can't you deal with numbers from 1 to 10 ?
    First sorry about the double post (if it ends up one)

They arent sticking with the numbers, the numbers are placeholders for names they havent decided to release yet,

The new Worlds shall inherit the names of the ten most popular current Worlds. Name assignments will be announced after the transfer selection period has ended.
    Anyone have population numbers? for each server, so we will have an idea of what we could have?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Deceptistar Meow
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    i have high hopes that this will not go through >.> Currently reading all what the JP thread is saying on this and i see like 1-2 people out of 16 pages so far that are even "OK" with it. The rest are pretty much "WTF is this?" reaction.
    (2)
    FFXIV Since Sep. 2010: Selbina/Ridill/Excalibur (Mergers)
    Currently moved to Leviathan
    I remember the Alpha days when even breathing lagged you

Page 11 of 73 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast