Player
    Character
    Zander Charm
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 53

SUGGESTION. More offset camera options.. not talking about gpose

I think it's important to note I am not writing about the gpose function as great a feature that is. I think the game could greatly improve immersion quality with a simple addition to the gameplay camera options. I would like to see more options for horizontal and vertical offset for the general gameplay camera. It would be very nice to play the game in a camera angle that draws me into the world of Eorzea further. That introduction alone would be fantastic but I also believe introducing more automatic options for the camera should be investigated. Maybe some automatic shifts or zooms at varying degrees ..with the option to turn it off completely ofcourse .. maybe have settings for that when certain variables are met. I think a camera that can somewhat follow the action on it's own without being disruptive would be great. I think it's something you guys could perfect and I think it would make the game a bit more immersive and fun to play and more interesting to stream simple content and have a more cinamatic feel to the action. Thanks a lot. Love this game and its fans. <3
    (1)
    Last edited by FairyCharm; 07-24-2018 at 11:40 AM.

Player
    Character
    Dacron Ironheart
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70

Finally.

YES. I've spent four years wishing we had this and hoping one day I'd be surprised to see it in an update. I know the game is oriented towards having you look 360 degrees around yourself in combat, but that's not how I (and I suspect many other players) want to play 90% of the time.

I always feels like the "camera angle" setting seems to make me choose between seeing my character clearly or the world clearly, and never both at the same time through the full gamut of zoom. And I'm always zooming in and out to perceive different parts of the game world.

It seems to me that when I'm fully zoomed in, the lower setting on "3rd Person Camera Angle" looks right: I'm not staring at the back of my head, and I can discern the fine detail on my character while still being able to see what kind of shoes I'm wearing.

When I zoom out though, the camera is borked; my character is a tiny bug in the middle of my screen where my eyes want to be seeing the thing in front of me, practically everything 15 feet above the surface of the world is unviewable; and if aim my camera to try to see ahead of me, the entire bottom-half of my screen is filled with the unremarkable ground, and looking up is impossible because that just causes the camera to make love to the ground even more. When fully zoomed-out, turning "3rd person camera angle" high seems to make things look natural, but if I zoom back in to see anything closely, half of my character is out of the frame because the camera is still centered 20 feet above my head.

I'm not technical enough to know what exactly it is, but FFXI did it it wonderfully, and my dominant memory of that game is how perpetually enchanted I was by the world. I felt like it was always cinematic regardless of exploring or fighting, and it's a shame that isn't true of FFXIV. I feel like every time I log in, I spend 15 minutes fiddling with the same camera settings I've been fiddling with for four years.

Y-axis reset is also part of the problem. I really hate that the game seems to be coercing me into looking at the dirt. When I first log in, the camera is point at the ground; I adjust it up so I can see all the beautiful people and things around me; when I teleport to a new zone, I get my face pushed back into the dirt again. I feel like the camera could very much do with a y-axis memory, as well an option to have the same soft auto adjustment or follow-cam quality that the x-axis has on the 3rd person y-axis.

Your team has put so much time and so much effort into creating a beautiful world, and its a shame that it goes to waste because many players might never see it. I have yet to find another player who isn't surprised when I tell them La Noscea is visible on the horizon from Vesper Bay. I'm pretty sure this is because everyone's camera is stubbornly fixated on the ground in front of them.

But I dunno, y'all are the experts. I've just been playing the damn thing for 48 months.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sylbritt Muscadet
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 89
    Ok, maybe you are aware of these shortcuts but I'll put them up here just in-case you haven't discovered them:

- Ctrl + End This will save your current camera position. The camera will default to this when you mount or enter a zone

- Ctrl + lshift + End This clears your saved camera position and puts it back to default

- Ctrl + Direction Keys (Up and down) This changes the camera tilt angle

Hope that was some use.
    (0)