Player
    Character
    Oraina Fhey
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Starflake View Post
    There is so much to do in this game, it's unbelievable. It blows my mind that peope think there is no content. Granted a lot of it is part of a boring, repetitive formula now, but by the Gods, appealing to a minority? Come on dude.
    The only type I could see running out of things to do are the people who only play 1 class and have zero interest in crafting/gathering.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mica Zerrshia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ameela View Post
    You say you don't need to do EX anymore since iL lasts half a year which, is funny because a very common complaint when it comes to end-game is how much time it takes to gear up alternate classes, I severely doubt you've got a full set of 360-370 gear for every single job in the game at this point.
    Not everyone even lvls every job much less gears them all. Once I get caster set I am done til next patch. Just because you can lvl each job doesn't mean everyone does. And frankly to many its not even worth it since it outdates so so fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Starflake View Post
    There is so much to do in this game, it's unbelievable. It blows my mind that peope think there is no content.
    It also depends how long you have been playing. I have been around since beta v1 and have completed everything during its original patch cycle so there really is barely nothing. The only thing I do not do anymore are extremes because primals are a pain to pug due to the ppl who join farming groups who have no clue how to play their jobs or mechanics and statics who never have more than half the pt show up. The rewards do not justify the time/effort for things like omega. Coil was the last more hardcore endgame whose rewards justified the time due to an amazing story more than anything and beautiful and well designed gear. Alex/Omega stories are meh at best and even worse when compared to Coil's.

It would be a different story if things didn't outdate so fast, had more interesting story and battle elements to them or were just more interesting overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Alestorm View Post
    The only type I could see running out of things to do are the people who only play 1 class and have zero interest in crafting/gathering.
    I craft/gather and have very little to do. Also I used to play many jobs but like I said previously, it just outdates so fast. By the time you get through so many sets you have to just restart and throw the stuff you ground out away. It just doesn't feel like you have a worthwhile goal. I guess some may like the hamster wheel, but dang is it a drag for others.
    (4)
    Last edited by MicahZerrshia; 07-22-2018 at 02:52 PM.

Player
    Character
    Maybelline Charmers
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 70
    Huh?
    Is that not what it means to have lasting content?
    Thats the sixty four thousand dollar question, isnt it!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lufie Newleaf
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by JCharms View Post
    I understand what youre saying and I didnt cut out the rest of your statements to dismiss them, but this particular part Im interested in. Do you think this is the reason there is not more robust game features being put in place?
    I think it's a kind of middle ground compromise. They design things to last a certain amount of hours such that people with little time will eventually be able to get all of the rewards and not feel hopelessly left behind, but people with more time have just enough meat to last (especially if gearing several jobs instead of one.)

I'd be interested to know how other games handle it if anyone has a lot of experience in WoW or GW2 endgame, what are they doing to keep endgame players engaged for long sessions?

I know there was some kind of random stat titanforge thing in WoW. I always liked random stat aetherial loot in XIV like those from diadem that you could keep farming for different stat permutations. Hardcore parser people hated it because pve is like a competition to them and they didn't want somebody with better random stats beating them on fflog parse leaderboards.
    (1)

Character
    Riyah Arpeggio
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I severely doubt you've got a full set of 360-370 gear for every single job in the game at this point.
    I'm actually 360 for every combat job. It was much easier than you think, due to them adding augmented crafted gear. I don't have 370, but that's gated by either a lot of time due to 24 man tokens, or doing savage.

There really isn't as much to do as people think in the game. It's actually relatively trivial to level jobs, and there aren't many grinds that aren't gated by daily or weekly limits. You hit a point where there isn't really much to do on combat classes.
    (4)
    Last edited by RiyahArp; 07-22-2018 at 03:25 PM.

Player
    Character
    Lynne Asteria
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Back when I played GW2, there was literally nothing to do at endgame other than grinding glamour items. Every piece of dungeon gear was equal in strength to any rare gear you could craft, so it was only going after the stats you wanted, which tended to be locked into the slaying? preset i think, that was crit dmg, crit%, and attack if i remember right.

They made everything else a grind even worse than XIV's.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Gemina Lunarian
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Vstarstruck View Post
    If that was true you wouldn't have a development team desperately trying to lessen sub> unsub turnover by slowly trickling content, artificially extending the life of what they are giving us. If that was not true you wouldn't have these threads keep popping up. (and consistently talked about in other forms)
    What part of my post are you saying is untrue? Are you saying the game does not have a wide range of content that does not cater to a wide range of players? Because that is the only factual statement I am making. It isn't even a bold statement, and it's actually indisputable. The game, in fact, does indeed have a wide range of content to do. If you walk into a room full of different board games and you only like to play checkers and maybe an occasional deck of UNO, then the room itself is not the problem.

Repetition gets to us all at one point or another. Doing the same thing over and over again does indeed get tedious, and even boring. But if you only find a small percentage of the game's content interesting, then you get to the real reason why these threads exist; not because a lack of content. You almost never hear these complaints come from crafters, gatherers, and legacy players because their methods of keeping themselves busy are tried and true. These players tend to explore a wider range of the game's content, and are likely not even finished with everything they want to do before the next patch hits, and many talk about struggling to keep up, especially before another expansion.

I honestly don't blame SE at all for player boredom. Just like I don't blame a library if someone goes in there and can't find anything interesting to read.
    (6)

How I came to be by the side of the chosen, and the moments we've sewn.
    This soul. Its attachment to all living things. The love they have known.
    Oh Warrior of light if only you could hear,
    just how closely I hold you dear.

Player
    Character
    Nessa Goddessly
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    If you look, you can find content. I recently spent around 2mil mgp breeding a perfect stat and ability racing chocobo, which is soot black. Black Orchid (wearing Tsuku barding) is my pride and joy. Took a few weeks to get her too!

I also recently got 4 HoH clears using PF only
    (1)
    Last edited by NessaWyvern; 07-22-2018 at 04:52 PM.

Player
    Character
    Arty Highbrush
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie_Lenneth View Post
    Back when I played GW2, there was literally nothing to do at endgame other than grinding glamour items. Every piece of dungeon gear was equal in strength to any rare gear you could craft, so it was only going after the stats you wanted, which tended to be locked into the slaying? preset i think, that was crit dmg, crit%, and attack if i remember right.

They made everything else a grind even worse than XIV's.
    Then you only played it for a month after launch? Because they added fractals and raids since, not to mention various collections such as legendary armor, legendary weapons, mount collections... to name a few.
    I've been playing GW2 again for the past 6 months and it's a much better experience than what XIV is offering at the moment. You have long term goals that actually matter and don't get outdated. Ever.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Inglis Eucus
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Just know for me game has been very boring since 4.3 came out. All heaven on high is another palace of the dead just with few changes which is boring. Maybe if didn't get materia and fireworks 95% of time I might want run it more even when it's boring in there. Each time here there going to add more Hildibrand quests find out they only last a few minutes before there finished. Last part of story didn't even take hour to finish. Seems to me there only bringing out content for ones that like raiding. Thought they was going to add bunch new games to the golden saucers but guess not.
    (1)
    Last edited by hynaku; 07-22-2018 at 05:05 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast