Character
    Mythridel Valerine
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90

New to FFXIV RP. Any advice?

Greetings Mateus!

As the title indicated I am new to these parts. Not just the server but FFXIV as a whole. Fortunately I have a handful of experienced friends who have been very helpful thus far so I can learn and experience what the game has on offer. However not everyone is so well versed in the roleplay scene here. So I thought I\\'d take to the forums to ask you fine folks for some friendly advice.

My character as you may have seen is a Hyur Midlander that I am favoring the path of a Gladiator (and one day soon a noble Paladin!). I would greatly appreciate any lore sources to help me understand some of the culture and notable locations most of them reside. I imagine there all over the place based on what I'm seeing in the game but more knowledge of the lore is always a good thing.

I do kindly request avoidance in sharing sources that will spoil the main storyline quests as I am still progressing on that front. So any generalized information would be most welcome.

Also any recommendations for linkshells, Discord servers, websites and tools are all welcome. Though preferably kept to RP purposes. I already have several resources for more gameplay oriented assistance.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mythridel; 07-20-2018 at 05:56 AM.

Player
    Character
    Makani Risvertasashi
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I'm not sure many RPers congregate here, I believe there's fansites but... I don't have the links handy. I'm sure google will find them easily enough (my own quick google gave me https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/ so there's one place to try). Starting from there, I believe you'll be able to find further direction towards linkshells and such.

You're right to be wary of spoilers, however. In depth lore discussions will tend to have those, so you'll need to be a bit cautious.

Anyways, good luck out there.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Malik Knight
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Risvertasashi View Post
    I'm not sure many RPers congregate here, I believe there's fansites but... I don't have the links handy. I'm sure google will find them easily enough (my own quick google gave me https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/ so there's one place to try). Starting from there, I believe you'll be able to find further direction towards linkshells and such.

You're right to be wary of spoilers, however. In depth lore discussions will tend to have those, so you'll need to be a bit cautious.

Anyways, good luck out there.

Didn't know this site existed, Thanks

I want to Try RP, Sometimes Though
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Utro Azora
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 56
    Encyclopedia Eorzea might be re-released soon, which is a veritable repertoire of knowledge on lore. Otherwise I'd just remember a lot of the jobs aren't super "RP friendly" simply due to the nature of 'the warrior of light that you play in this questline is a super special exception to the normal limitations and requirements of this job" type thing, and some players straight up won't RP with you depending on what you're RPing . (black magic is illegal canonically, for instance, even talk of it can get you in trouble with authorities) though many people overlook these limitations and think up ways that their character IS an exception, so it all depends on the community you wanna get involved with.

at any rate, i'd just read all the quest text in the game religiously. you never know when you might come across a lore nugget or two mixed in with droll fetch quests. focusing on the way NPCs speak, what they find important, little bits of history, all can help contribute to a really fun, interesting roleplay experience. best of luck!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lubu Mykono
    World
    Phantom
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    any advice? just don't.
    (0)