Player
    Character
    Minati Illu
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhett_Magnum View Post
    That’s an instant cast. Did you read the post?
    A "Spell" in FFXIV doesn't mean "something with a cast bar".

Unleash, Unmend, Grit and Abyssal Drain are all spells. Instant cast spells. If BW reduces spells' GCD, it's to reduce the delay on those 4 as well as weaponskills, doesn't mean we'll be getting any form of dark magic sooner or later (but who knows ?).

You can check the action types here.
    (4)

Character
    Zanku Hado
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Megguido View Post
    A "Spell" in FFXIV doesn't mean "something with a cast bar".

Unleash, Unmend, Grit and Abyssal Drain are all spells. Instant cast spells. If BW reduces spells' GCD, it's to reduce the delay on those 4 as well as weaponskills, doesn't mean we'll be getting any form of dark magic sooner or later (but who knows ?).

You can check the action types here.
    I never said spells are just cast times. Which is why I was confused when:

Quote Originally Posted by Kabooa View Post
    Abyssal Drain
    Spell
    Abyssal drain is a spell, but only effected by spell recast times. The post is about

Reduces weaponskill cast time and recast time, spell cast time and recast time, and auto-attack delay by 10%....

It just occurred to me that our spell cast times are reduced during BW. Does this mean we’ll be able to spell cast black magic in the ....
    (0)
    Last edited by Jhett_Magnum; 07-19-2018 at 04:09 PM.

Player
    Character
    Noyoyo Noyo
    World
    Typhon
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Shifu
    Delivers an attack with a potency of 100.
    Combo Action: Hakaze
    Combo Potency: 300
    Combo Bonus: Reduces weaponskill cast time and recast time, spell cast time and recast time, and auto-attack delay by 10%
    Duration: 30s
    Combo Bonus: Increases Kenki Gauge by 5

Sometimes the dev just leave things as is, it doesn't mean DRK will be getting spell with cast time, doesn't mean SAM will (Doesn't mean they won't either)
    Another example would be how WHM's Presence of Mind also reduces interval between auto-attack, which is largely inconsequential for jobs like WHM.

Edit: I checked with Japanese texts and there was no mention of cast time for DRK's Blood Weapon but interestingly enough there is a mention of cast time for SAM's Shifu (most likely because of Iai skills usage)
    (0)
    Last edited by mosaicex; 07-19-2018 at 04:35 PM.

Player
    Character
    Minati Illu
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Snip.
    Oh well, didn't see it that way, my bad.

As others said already, that's a pretty generic description for a GCD speed boost. They could add a spell with a cast time on DRK akin to BRD's Requiem or SAM's Midare (but spell instead of weaponsill). Who knows. If I was a dev, I would definitely put that in Blood Weapon, for two reasons:
    - if I ever want to add a spell with a cast-time on DRK in the future
    - could be easier to tie cast time and recast time together: it makes no sense to shorten recast time (GCD) but not the cast time itself.
    (0)

Player
    isnt it messed up that goblet is a housing area and not a tiny goblin
    Character
    Dusk Himmel
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Well supposedly DRK is (don’t quote me on this) getting reworked in 6 months. (Expansion most likely) I think spell casting rotations would be an interesting avenue to explore.
    pretty sure they said "for what fans want to do with DRK could take months" and "DRK is under careful consideration" they have said that around 4.3 was out if not a little bit before.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    K'rheya Tia
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Adding cast times to DRK would probably be the single worst thing they could do, gameplay-wise. DRK's whole shtick is being the most fast-paced of 3 tanks. They've already messed that up in SB, by removing 3 ogcds from regular usage and replacing them with DA spam, but adding casts would be a whole new level of bad design and butchered identity.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Vespereaux Vaillantes
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    A slight tangent but I really wish the MP and Blood gain from Blood Weapon wasn't restricted to physical damage dealt since DRK has a good number of spell attacks that are used regularly.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gunsa Cabalabob
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Doesn’t mean anything, same way it doesn’t mean we’ll be getting cast time weaponskills just cause it says it reduces them. It’s just a haste effect so it effects those even though we don’t have any.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilthas View Post
    The anonymity of the internet is what leads people to become jerks online.

You could make a game where all you did was run through fields of flowers holding hands and you'd still get a guy telling you you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcshiggs View Post
    Everyone knows you skip through fields of flowers holding hands, running noobs need to go back to WoW.

Player
    isnt it messed up that goblet is a housing area and not a tiny goblin
    Character
    Dusk Himmel
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by TouchandFeel View Post
    A slight tangent but I really wish the MP and Blood gain from Blood Weapon wasn't restricted to physical damage dealt since DRK has a good number of spell attacks that are used regularly.
    if blood weapon worked with Abyssal drain it would be insane constant regen on both MP and HP with packs of adds
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vespereaux Vaillantes
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Duskane View Post
    if blood weapon worked with Abyssal drain it would be insane constant regen on both MP and HP with packs of adds
    Which would result in a situation very similar to WAR's IR Steel Cyclone spam. If precedence for something that powerful already exists, then why would this instance be crossing the line, seeing as how it has already been crossed?
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast