Anony Moose
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Tygiuu View Post
    Anonymoose 02/01/2018
    Just to be a d[kupo!]k - awful headcanon:
    IF Ascalon only consumed Lahabrea but did not annihilate him on contact, he could conceivably have ridden the blender out a la Y'shtola until anchoring onto Zenos mid-Menagerie and taking over after his death.
    (I think if I inadvertently anticipate a legitimate theory one more time, I get a free sub!)

It would almost be a shame, though, right? In my humble opinion, Thordan is far more interesting having technically succeeded in outwitting (albeit due to arrogance) and killing the Ascian overlord of the Source dimension. That said, I 100% agree that the "Resistance Fighter" is being possessed by Zenos, but I think Zenos's body is currently more likely to be possessed by Elidibus just going by his word choices and mannerisms.

Would be a hell of a juke, though.
    (4)
    Last edited by Anonymoose; 09-17-2018 at 10:28 AM.
    "I shall refrain from making any further wild claims until such time as I have evidence."
    – Y'shtola

Player
    Character
    Kharagal Mierqid
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I don't think Lahabrea is in Zenos' body. Whoever is in there isn't acting over-the-top enough and likes making what he does sound reasonable. Which Lahabrea was not known for...
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Vaeldus Astralys
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymoose View Post
    (I think if I inadvertently anticipate a legitimate theory one more time, I get a free sub!)

It would almost be a shame, though, right? In my humble opinion, Thordan is far more interesting having technically succeeded in outwitting (albeit due to arrogance) and killing the Ascian overlord of the Source dimension. That said, I 100% agree that the "Resistance Fighter" is being possessed by Zenos, but I think Zenos's body is currently more likely to be possessed by Elidibus just going by his word choices and mannerisms.

It took me until a few days ago when I posted (I think in the road to 5.0 thread) that it'd be funny and sad at the same time if this would happen which I stand by as a possibility. We don't know that he was destroyed when the eyes were finally destroyed. In fact that could have definitely been his release back in the wild. Also it fits in the nature of Lahabrea to assume another's form for public use. We haven't seen Elidibus use the same tactical approach.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Anony Moose
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephanoa View Post
    Also it fits in the nature of Lahabrea to assume another's form for public use. We haven't seen Elidibus use the same tactical approach.
    According to the French (and perhaps Japanese) client(s), he tried to take possession of Minfilia in 2.1, it just got blocked and he shrugged it off as a, "Well obviously." moment.
    (1)
    "I shall refrain from making any further wild claims until such time as I have evidence."
    – Y'shtola

Player
    Character
    Tygiuu N'hatsu
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymoose View Post

I suffer the same "story writing prediction" illness. If you watch the cutscene where Zenos dies, where they start singing the anthem, the camera pivots to lower Ala Mhigo and a familiar face is directly center of the crowd. You'll know it when you see it, if you haven't already.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Primal Ishtar
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    i wouldn't be surprised if we do the roleplaying action again as alphinaud.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Prince Nuada
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi7 View Post
    i wouldn't be surprised if we do the roleplaying action again as alphinaud.
    To be honest, I seriously hope this continues to be a thing... I've stated before that I rather like this new direction that The Devs are taking. I rather enjoy being able to play through the eyes of the Scions or important NPCs... gives the story more depth, more investiture, more empathy.

They better be putting together to part in 4.5 or somewhere in 5.0 where we can control Gaius for a while... that will have me grinning.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alisette Dumont
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    I was somewhat disappointed that we got to play as Y'Shtola this time, while we are present no less!

When they mentioned that the roleplay mechanic would come back, I was hoping for another short sequence playing as Alphinaud. Maybe just wandering around the rebel camp to investigate what happened. While the short stint with Y'Shtola was fun, I would have preferred seeing her fight Magnai at the edge of our fight with Sadu, and save the roleplaying for first-hand experiencing what character somewhere else are seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramesses View Post
    They better be putting together to part in 4.5 or somewhere in 5.0 where we can control Gaius for a while... that will have me grinning.
    I am still hoping for (one of) the new jobs to be introduced this way; roleplaying as a character with that job. Obviously it would have to be a simplified version to work with this system, but it would still be amazing!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Prince Nuada
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice_89th View Post
    I am still hoping for (one of) the new jobs to be introduced this way; roleplaying as a character with that job. Obviously it would have to be a simplified version to work with this system, but it would still be amazing!
    That could be an interesting mode of play for job class jobs... I mean, imagine being able to play out the tale from the view of the Master or Quest Giver. Off the top of my head, there are at least a couple sections of the DRK story that I think would have been brilliantly told in this way.
    (0)

Character
    Matthieu Desrosiers
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Populares and Optimates:

I have to wonder if they were created specifically as tools to keep whoever is playing the part of the puppet ruler in check. Even if they weren't, they're almost certainly going to exploited by the Ascians in regards to their plan to sow the seeds of chaos. We've already seen a direct example of Ascian manipulation using the two factions through the use of Asahi. If Titus had won the War of Succession, he'd be faced with Elidibus and Solus. He would also be dealing with the Optimates. With Varis, he's stuck dealing with Elidibus and Solus...with the Populares being exploited by Elidibus as a threat. By attacking the Populares, Elidibus is set to force Varis' hand. It also means that there will be further strife within Garlemald as rumours spread about the Emperor's harsh methods...despite him not necessarily being the one behind such acts.
    (1)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5