Player
    Character
    Kittypryde Kujata
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 78

Mannequins!!

FINALLY. This has been in demand since FFXI had it....about 14yrs ago. My only question is, how will they be available. Quest? Map drops? Crafted? What are your theories?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Souji Hanamura
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Probably crafted, maybe something available through Fashion Report from Kasumi's shop.
    (1)

Character
    Beckard Arseneau
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    My pessimistic predictions: They will be craftable only by max level crafters. Each race (possibly each race/gender combo) will be a different recipe. The mats will consist of high level timed node items (like Silvergrace Ingots) as well as a new, submarine-exclusive item. Limit 1 per estate.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Rayo Seibold
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    My pragmatic prediction; Mannequins will be a 50-61 level craft (likely carpenter, Armorer or weaver) and when placing it, it will be treated like placing a Housing NPC where you can choose its gender and race and when interacted with, it will act have the same Glamour/dress up menu that Squadrons have. It will be made up of level appropriate Mats or a new type of mat (so no one can just make them out the gate for whatever reason)
    Apartment/FC room: 1
    Cottage: 1
    House: 3 or 4
    Mansion: 6 or 8
    (1)
    Just putting my 2 cents in this coin operated opinion machine

Player
    Character
    Keridwyn Maeve
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Likely they will be a high level crafted PITA like most of the recent recipies (how about those candles eh?) but I wouldn't mind them coming from Kasumi and the Fashion Report. It would give me a reason to keep doing it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zanelle Solainteau
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Beckett View Post
    My pessimistic predictions: They will be craftable only by max level crafters. Each race (possibly each race/gender combo) will be a different recipe. The mats will consist of high level timed node items (like Silvergrace Ingots) as well as a new, submarine-exclusive item. Limit 1 per estate.
    Other than the estate limit of 1, is this such a bad thing? Who else is going to craft the gear to sell?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Keridwyn Maeve
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Zsolen View Post
    Other than the estate limit of 1, is this such a bad thing? Who else is going to craft the gear to sell?
    Slightly. There's benefits to be had for making desireable new crafted goods use lower level mats (such as boosting the price of those mats) or be craftable by lower level crafters. High level crafters will never want for use or cash earning opportunities so it's okay to give lowbies a shiny to encourage them now and again.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Souji Hanamura
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Unfortunately, "new recipes = top tier = hard-to-gather mats" = encouragement to level crafters/gatherers = something else to do in the dry spells between content. That's why they do it. It's a reward for having put in the time/gil to level.

The irony, however, is that there are enough max-level crafters that you're not going to make gil off new items unless it's a consumable or you get them out asap, first few hours, first day. You're better off farming the low-level mats that are used in the newer recipes (i.e. the silex and natron needed to craft tempered glass), especially if you don't want to level a crafter. You'll make hand-over-fist money, which can then be used to buy the new items.
    (0)
    Last edited by InkstainedGwyn; 07-18-2018 at 02:45 PM.

Player
    Character
    Ryaz Darksbane
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    I will be putting them in my theater on the troupe stage to create a creepy room like Sander Cohen.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lena Vales
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    They did say new recipe books will be out on that patch as well so maybe craftable
    (1)