Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Ameela Trussa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Something silly I thought of when they first revealed Stormblood (and before they removed the alt classes needed to unlock jobs) was that so far they've been kind of following a pattern:

So Derplander starts as a Warrior right, which comes from Marauder, then he becomes a Dragoon which comes from Lancer... and Marauder.
    Then in SB he becomes a Monk, and the alt class needed to unlock it was, you guessed it, Lancer.
    So if they follow this pattern, even though the system was removed, it'd mean we'd get whatever job whose alt class is Pugilist so... Bard!

(and I know people will say Derplander was an Archer back in the 1.0 cinematic but that was before Yoshi-P's team took over the game so it doesn't count)
    (0)

Player
    isnt it messed up that goblet is a housing area and not a tiny goblin
    Character
    Dusk Himmel
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ameela View Post
    Something silly I thought of when they first revealed Stormblood (and before they removed the alt classes needed to unlock jobs) was that so far they've been kind of following a pattern:

So Derplander starts as a Warrior right, which comes from Marauder, then he becomes a Dragoon which comes from Lancer... and Marauder.
    Then in SB he becomes a Monk, and the alt class needed to unlock it was, you guessed it, Lancer.
    So if they follow this pattern, even though the system was removed, it'd mean we'd get whatever job whose alt class is Pugilist so... Bard!

(and I know people will say Derplander was an Archer back in the 1.0 cinematic but that was before Yoshi-P's team took over the game so it doesn't count)
    id also like to point out that Dragoon and Monks lvl 50 quest had you fight a boss with a glowing aura estinian and widargelt
    but one became a major plot character
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ana Nuann
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SicariusSeven View Post
    You know what I want to see again? Derplander and buddies doing stuff. I mean yeah they became the Warriors of Darkness but it would be nice to see Derplander with his party again in opening cinematics.
    Uh, no they didn't.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Toki Tsuchimi
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    My guess would be Summoner/Scholar. We are headed to Garlemald, and they are all about Primal "hate". Alphinaud went ahead as our emissary. Alphi is an Arcanist, but it's possible he could be upgraded to a Summoner or Scholar. The last time we had a character with expansion focus, the went from a class to a job. Lyse(Yda) went from a Pugilist to a Monk. Technically, she was always a Monk but it wasn't acknowledged until she changed outfits.

So yeah I'm betting on Summoner/Scholar, mostly because of where we are headed, and who the focus seems to be on.
    (0)
    Last edited by Eloah; 07-20-2018 at 09:25 AM.
    I like helping people with their Job ideas, it's fun to help them visuallize and create the job they'd like to play most. Plus I make my own too, I'll post them eventually.

Player
    Character
    Kharagal Mierqid
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Really. Out of all the classes I could see SE having Derplander ever become, SMN/SCH is the last one on my list. I main it, but even I'm not blind that books make for an underwhelming weapon for the guy who is the face of the game to wield. Just about every weapon in the game looks more badass then the SMN/SCH weapon.

In addition, the qualifications for someone to be a SMN are very tight. They have to be around for the death of an eikon and not be tempered. And then have the SMN soul gem so they can summon and control egis. The job is also heavily tied to the Allagans and goodness knows we don't need more Allagan stuff then we already get. There's also how tying SMNs... tendency to use Bahamut attacks left and right doesn't mesh all that well with "primal attacks should not be encouraged"...

SCH has similar requirements in that the fairies live in the Soul Stones, so anyone who wants to became a full-fledged needs one of those. And we only know of one of those in existence.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Crimson Law
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ObsidianFire View Post
    Really. Out of all the classes I could see SE having Derplander ever become, SMN/SCH is the last one on my list. I main it, but even I'm not blind that books make for an underwhelming weapon for the guy who is the face of the game to wield. Just about every weapon in the game looks more badass then the SMN/SCH weapon.

That aside, I actually think I'd love if they ever just said "hang it all" and make Derplander a SMN for the cinematic. Just imagine him being surrounded by Garlean forces, taking out the book, and just waving it in a "come at me" sort of manner. Then, when the first Garlean makes their move, Ifrit-Egi comes out of nowhere and pummels him while Derplander starts launching Ruin spells and Painflares, does his Trance and unleashes Deathflare, and then the battle scene ends with Demi-Bahamut preparing Akh Morn as the remaining few Garleans are frozen in fear.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ameela Trussa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Honestly I don't think it's possible to really rule out any jobs, it's all dependant on gear design and how well the job is animated and represented in the cinematic.
    Monk is one of the last jobs I think of when regarding JRPG protagonists, yet SB pulled it off incredibly well both thanks to the amazing animation and just how good the Monk AF3 was with how much it actually fit a "main character". This is the same job that 2 expansions earlier looked like a banana, so I have faith that SE can make any class look main character-ish if they try hard enough.

Plus it's not like magic users as protagonists are that uncommon, look at games like Golden Sun, Dragon Quest and even Final Fantasy VI.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Edwin Li
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    The most Garlean theme Job I can think of is if they introduce a new Gunblade Job and it is use for the 5.0 expansion trailer. There are two things that have been linked to the Job that Derplander use in the expansion trailers being that the Job's theme and Lore are related to the Expansion areas.

3.0 had Dragoon which is Ishgard elite and lore stated they are founded in Ishgard.

4.0 Monk is related to Ala Mhigo and originate in Ala Mhigo with Samurai being also the theme for Doma characters and originated in Othard.

As much Machinist is considered, the only thing MCH has is just the technology theme. Lore wise, Machinist is founded in Ishgard as the result of a crafting Job's new management decided to use their talent to become Combat Engineers so that new technology can advance Ishgard's options to fight against Dragons and new enemies while opening opportunity for the non-Nobles to have a future due to cultural changes caused in 3.0.

Quote Originally Posted by LineageRazor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Okamimaru View Post
    MCH can already use gunblades...
    Heck, PLD can already use gunblades, if you're willing to take the Lightning Returns glamour sword as an example...

No offense but that is still a very old and poor excuse to not introduce a actual Gunblade Job as a Garlean theme Job.

People keep saying Rogue/Ninja would not be its own job back in 2.0 because Paladin already had Dagger as their weapon back then and it turns out it did become their own Job in 2.X era.

The set up for what the Gunblade Job in FF14 can be is there in the game already but just needs to be adjusted into a proper Job. Though from how things are handled by NPCs it maybe a Tank Job considering it is always a Tank NPC that use the Gunblade Stance.
    (0)
    Last edited by EdwinLi; 07-20-2018 at 01:29 PM.

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwinLi View Post
    As much Machinist is considered, the only thing MCH has is just the technology theme. Lore wise, Machinist is founded in Ishgard as the result of a crafting Job's new management decided to use their talent to become Combat Engineers [...]
    Not just technology - Garlean technology specifically. I don’t have the exact quote right now, but when you first sign up to the guild, Stephanivien explains that he’s combined Cid’s magitek designs with ‘traditional aetherology’, whatever that exactly means, to use your own aether as a power source.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kharagal Mierqid
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Machinist's link to Garlemald is pretty direct. Guns were invented by Garlemald as a way to go toe-to-toe with magic users. All Stephanivien is doing is taking out the physical accelerate and bullet and replacing them with aetherial ones.

The turrets do need Garlean parts to work. The Lvl 40 MCH quest involves you going out to the wreck of a Juggernaut in Eastern La Nosca and looking though it for parts. The part Stephanivien needs is a gyroscope (lots of machines IRL use this to tell up from down). He says he needs it to build a prototype and it's heavily implied in the next quest that the prototype he was working on is the Rook Turret.
    (0)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast