Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Player
    Character
    Sylvestre Solscribe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Everyone provided plenty of good feedback and explanation so I won't add more here regarding what has already been adressed (since there's nothing to add anyway)

But I will advice you regarding threat generation as a healer.

Many inexperienced healer tend to overheal drastically, however overheal creates as much enmity as proper heal. For instance, it is not rare to see a WHM/DiurnAST do Medica2/HeliosAspect before pull applying the hefty HoT on the entire party. Unfortunately this HoT will do nothing but make you climb up the aggro ladder.

I don't know about your healing skill/ playstyle but I assume you're a rather inexperienced healer so these are the kind of things you might be doing (mind you, a lot of people did, I did!). So perhaps also be mindful of that.

Finally, by all mean if you consider that the tank takes too much damage due to poor CD management feel free to tell them.

Just this week I did OS5 and the tank kept being nearly one shot by the TB and he actually died twice from it. Also DPS also ripped the aggro a few times
    I told him if he intended to stay MT that he should actually stay in Tank stance because he clearly didn't know what he was doing and that he putted the group in jeopardy by dying and not making enough threat.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sebazy Spiritwalker
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Selvokaz View Post
    Did you only glance at the post, i said 40% more Effort Healing, not 40% more healing, which shows me you didn't really bother either reading what I said or maybe just didn't understand it, also it makes a ton of difference, if because if you play anything other than dungeons you can see the difference very clearly. Do high end content and tell me that the healer isn't using more healing on the tank alone when he's not in tank stance while still tanking, i can't get enough of this fallacy, let alone it being equally funny. Makiong a difference is about the tank pretending to be DPS, making a difference his him doing his roll as mitigating damage while taking all the damage for everyone else, that's why its called the tank.
    Try pressing buttons faster.

No joke, I mean it.
    (2)
    ~ WHM / badSCH / Snob ~ http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/871132/ ~

Player
    Character
    Okami Amaterasuu
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    The only time I really have an issue with a main tank using dps stance is when they don't know how to mitigate damage, which at that point why are you even queing as a tank when you're just queing as a blue dps with a much simpler rotation.

Though I guess part of being a healer is anticipating and adapting to stupidity, and sometimes this comes in the form of putting duct tape on a wound.
    (0)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5