Character
    Mira Lia
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70

Housing idea : Blue Mage

Hi,

First of all, english is not my first language, I apologize in advance.

Second of all, my idea might be far-fetched but bear with me! I have been thinking about how the housing system is so restrictive. It is one of the endgame opportunities, one which I enjoy a lot and so does a lot of you out there! How many times have I seen a piece of furniture or architectural detail and be like "oh damn, that's nice, I wish I had that in my house/garden". I've stopped counting.

That being said, I've had an idea on how to develop and expand the housing sytem further. Please tell me if this idea already exist or has already been discussed, though I have not seen it in the quick searches I have done.

So, how about the dev team did implement Blue Mage, but not in the way everyone would expect, considering how the battle system has been created and implemented... what if they created some kind of DoL/DoH BLU for housing! Just imagine, you could run around Eorzea trying to retrieve some new furnitures or plans.

I must admit I haven't really planned out all the details, but it could be something along the lines of: you study a piece of furniture or a housing detail / you somehow are able to get a duplicate or get schematics. Those schematics could be sold to DoH (new class or not) for them to learn how to craft them - kinda like the master recipes system? My point is I know how the housing system is a good market for some of the DoHs, so maybe that way, it would not crash that system?

I for one would really enjoy being able to change how the architectural details look inside the house... I sometimes find that those pillars don't necessarily fit well with the decor, so I end up using alot of Stage Panels to hide them and have a more clean look. I am sure I mustn't be the only one.

Any thoughts?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Guinevere Jin
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    I didn't get the point tbh...

Do your blue mages need materials in order to craft them?
    If so what's the difference between crafting them directly, since most ppl lv all crafting jobs together
    (2)
    Arthur Jin

Player
    Character
    Mira Lia
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Obviously, I had not figured all of it, hence why I'm posting on these forums, so we can have a creative discussion as a community :P

That job would not be crafter per se. Rather, it would be a "gatherer" I think.

Let's say I really really like the vase by the orchestrion in the Kugane inn. I go there, do my thing, and I have % chance of being able to get the vase myself so I can decorate my house with it.

I did mention crafting and schematics in my OP, but that would only be in the event the creators wouldn't want to crash the housing crafting market by allowing everything to be taken easily. So, for instance, instead of getting that vase, I would get schematics, which I could sell on the mb for crafters to craft the item by learning the schematics.

It could also just be that you get an item once, and if the game let's get more than one, you have to redo the thing to get it again.

What I'm trying to say it that I find how housing items are made accessible so restrictive, so linear. The only way to be creative and to decor out of the box is to use hundreds of items to make it look a certain way. I mean, I'm not saying that's not fun, cause it's challenging and it takes time, but it's also very restrictive in the themes department. I think the opportunities would be endless if we could access furniture in a different way.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cerryl Lorinth
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirallia View Post
    Obviously, I had not figured all of it, hence why I'm posting on these forums, so we can have a creative discussion as a community :P

That job would not be crafter per se. Rather, it would be a "gatherer" I think.

Let's say I really really like the vase by the orchestrion in the Kugane inn. I go there, do my thing, and I have % chance of being able to get the vase myself so I can decorate my house with it.

I did mention crafting and schematics in my OP, but that would only be in the event the creators wouldn't want to crash the housing crafting market by allowing everything to be taken easily. So, for instance, instead of getting that vase, I would get schematics, which I could sell on the mb for crafters to craft the item by learning the schematics.

It could also just be that you get an item once, and if the game let's get more than one, you have to redo the thing to get it again.

What I'm trying to say it that I find how housing items are made accessible so restrictive, so linear. The only way to be creative and to decor out of the box is to use hundreds of items to make it look a certain way. I mean, I'm not saying that's not fun, cause it's challenging and it takes time, but it's also very restrictive in the themes department. I think the opportunities would be endless if we could access furniture in a different way.
    I get that you want a new accessible way to get items for housing and I suppose they could always create a class for that (although I wouldn't want them to take resources to use on such a character but that's because I'd rather have the existing crafters/gatherers than have more)... I do however know that it would be better of as something else altogether.

Or in simpler terms attaching a blue mage job to this would just cause rioting.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Mira Lia
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan026 View Post
    I get that you want a new accessible way to get items for housing and I suppose they could always create a class for that (although I wouldn't want them to take resources to use on such a character but that's because I'd rather have the existing crafters/gatherers than have more)... I do however know that it would be better of as something else altogether.

Or in simpler terms attaching a blue mage job to this would just cause rioting.
    I agree for the Blue Mage, I have to admit I used the name to have a catchy title to my OP. However, the general concept does feel like the BLU abilities of getting an ability by learning it from something else and duplicating it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    V'ren Avanar
    World
    Garuda
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 51
    Call me stupid, but do you meant like Blue Mage themed furnishings?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mira Lia
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    No, I meant being able to get furniture around the world with abilities. I mentioned the concept of Blue Mage as an analogy, because of how BLU learn their attacks from monsters. This job would get furniture with abilities.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    V'ren Avanar
    World
    Garuda
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 51
    No, I meant being able to get furniture around the world with abilities. I mentioned the concept of Blue Mage as an analogy, because of how BLU learn their attacks from monsters. This job would get furniture with abilities.
    Ah, you mean like we took some of the designs and put it as furnitures? That sounds nice!

This is nice for me since I can have a room with the same aesthetic~
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mira Lia
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Yeah, that's exactly what I mean
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nettle Creidne
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I agree for the Blue Mage, I have to admit I used the name to have a catchy title to my OP. However, the general concept does feel like the BLU abilities of getting an ability by learning it from something else and duplicating it.
    I think it would be better if your suggestion was something used to expand current gatherers and crafters rather than create a new class for this function. The idea is cool, but the blue mage part is unneeded and plainly not good. Blue mage is a very iconic class in the FF series. There would be gigantic backlash if it wasn't a combat class in FFXIV.
    (0)