Character
    Vethrox Velixar
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70

Multiple DirectX errors.

This is the error I'm getting when the game crashes:

An unexpected error has occurred. Exiting FINAL FANTASY XIV.
    2018-07-06_04:39

ffxiv.exe+24BBEA
    ffxiv.exe+DE0EDF
    ffxiv.exe+25E0EB
    ffxiv.exe+2B344C
    ffxiv.exe+2B6DF5
    ffxiv.exe+133C32
    ffxiv.exe+132A55
    ffxiv.exe+15646F

At first I thought it was because of DirectX11, but this crash in particular is from the DirectX9.0c client.

The game has been crashing ever since the HoH patch.
    I don't have a history of the game crashing either, so I find this highly irregular.
    (0)
    Brood™.

Player
    Character
    Alisis Gybson
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    When I was playing the game in "FULLSCREEN" mode, it would do that literally every single time I exited. Now that I play in "Borderless Windowed" I never get the message. I dunno if that will help you though.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vethrox Velixar
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Thanks, but I already play Borderless.
    (1)
    Brood™.

Hello Brood, Thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums

Please try the following suggestions:

- Switch to DirectX 9 mode (select ‘Config’ from the launcher)
    - Update/reinstall Graphics card drivers
    - Disable all programs/overlays running in the background
    - Perform a clean boot*
    - Set compatibility mode to Windows 7/8**
    - Make sure that any anti-virus software they have has the appropriate exceptions
    - Install game on C drive (The same drive as the Operating System)

*To perform a clean boot for Windows 8/10: Open the task manager and select the 'Start up' Tab. Disable everything here and restart the PC. For Windows 7: Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press Enter to start the System Configuration utility. On the General tab, click the Selective startup option, and then click to clear the Load startup items check box. On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all. For Mac: Restart the Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key. The Apple logo appears on your display. Release the Shift key when you see the login window.

**To change compatibility mode, right click on the exe file (Default location: C:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\Final Fantasy XIV - A Realm Reborn\boot\ffxivboot.exe), right click it and select ‘Properties.’ Select the ‘Compatibility’ tab and select an earlier version of Windows (most likely 8 or 7).

Hope to be of assistance. Thank you for playing Final Fantasy XIV! Hope to see you online.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vethrox Velixar
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    I have done every single one of those things.
    (0)
    Brood™.

Player
    Character
    Vethrox Velixar
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Bump.
    I can really use some help you know.
    (0)
    Brood™.

Thank you for the reply Brood.

Let's see if we can get a bit more information regarding the issue.

When exactly does this crash happen? Do you notice any pattern to it (only when teleporting, only in combat, etc.)?

Just so I understand you first post correctly, The error occurs in both DirectX 9 and 11 modes, correct?

Try deleting the files in the 'My Documents' folder (My Documents > My Games > Final Fantasy XIV), then restarting the game.

If this does not work, can you respond with a Final Fantasy XIV system report? Simply go to the 'Config' option on the Final Fantasy XIV launcher and to the right of 'System Information' click on 'Display.'

We hope we can be of assistance in helping you enjoy the exciting world of Final Fantasy XIV!
    (0)

8. 07-15-2018 11:37 AM

Player
    Character
    Skye Greyson
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    I'm having the same issue. The crash will occur once during regular play, primarily outside of instances, then any attempt to log back in will cause an instant crash with the same error. Eventually, perhaps due to tinkering, or perhaps due to some offending factor being removed, I'll be able to log back in and play for a while, before finally getting hit again.

Clearing the contents of the documents directory had no effect.

EDIT: Stern googling found a possible solution. FFXIV install directory was set to read only. Disabling that allowed me to log in, but could possibly be about to start another crash chain again.
    (0)
    Last edited by Colyo; 07-15-2018 at 12:04 PM.

Player
    Character
    Luana Quartomenguate
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 24
    Same exact issue with my main character. I haven't played in a long time, decided to get Stormblood on sale, subscribe again and now I can't log in with main char. I get the exact Direct X errors while it's loading after I select character. I created a new character and it loads just fine. Makes me think it's loading into somewhere that's crashing the game as soon as it's about to load the world up.

I sent a support request to have my character moved so I can load up in another spot but have yet to hear from anyone -__-
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Luana Quartomenguate
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 24
    My exact error msg:

An unexpected error has occured. Exiting FINAL FANTASY XIV. 2018-07-06_01:41

ffxiv_dx11.exe+F66CB8
    ffxiv_dx11.exe+F692AE
    ffxiv_dx11.exe+F6BD75
    ffxiv_dx11.exe+41005C
    ffxiv_dx11.exe+178482
    ffxiv_dx11.exe+1032209
    KERNEL32.DLL+13034
    ntdll.dll+71431

Seems like an issue that hasn't been fixed since 2017...I've done every single recommended fix "uninstall install game; uninstall/install drivers; same issues w. dx9 or dx11; borderless windowed, windowed, fs mode - none work..." the list goes on. The only thing that worked is loading up another character that isn't spawning where my main char is spawning.

Please devs, find a fix or move my main character to another area to spawn in - thank you!

I've been trying to change servers but I need to leave my free company before I do so, apparently, so I'm at a stand still for playing with friends at the moment. HELP!
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast