Character
    Manuel Bravo
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70

Need some help with Choco Racing

Hello everyone;

Killing some time getting all achievements I've come to a bit of a stump. So any Choco racers out there that have advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

First I've been able to breed My Chocbo to Pedigree 9, 4 stars on Speed, Stamina, Acceleration, and endurance. Cunning is either 2 or 3 start when I breed them. I can't seem to get the 285 rating and it's driving me insane. I only use Rank 3 feed have done choco challenges to 14 yet can't seem to get past 279. When I re breed I usually get a lower drop. I understand cunning helps pedigree however even at 460 cunning I can't get higher. Can any one help or tell me what I'm missing? Thank you.

Note my goal is to get all to 500 eventually out of boredom.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Manuel Bravo
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    Bump post up
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shadow' Link
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Based on my experience, racing is not only about the stats but the hereditary traits/skills you can get. It also depends on the weather affinity, since certain ones might reduce your speed. You want a bird that has the "foul" weather as favored. The right skill combo can push you into the higher ratings. However, I've made a build that bypasses these limitations and, on top of that, it renders you immune to slow effects (both field's and items). It also doesn't require you to have everything up to 500 either.

Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8x2fxHI14c (Sorry for the quality) Note: Even if I got an stamina tablet, you'd have enough stamina to finish the race and outrun everybody.

-I didn't feel acceleration was needed because Super Sprint already pushed me forward.
    -I didn't feel that capping speed would be a good idea. Considering that the cap is 500 and people guess it gives you +150 speed, having the stat at 350 would be more than enough. Mine is higher because of RNG while leveling.

This build is called the Super Sprint BS. You can change the increased Stamina III for Choco Cure III if you want. This build puts the R-300 races on farm (as seen on the vid). I'd only lose if I get more than 1 Frenzy or get incredibly unlucky with meteors. It has an extremely sluggish start, but it picks up later on. The reason of this, is because you want to avoid feeding your bird so you can see how stats randomly build up. Then, at rank 50, you feed it accordingly to cap the desired stats. By doing this, you avoid wasting stat points.
    (1)
    Last edited by Lilseph; 07-14-2018 at 10:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannigan View Post
    Shirk is how you high five the other tank for the tag out. They raise their hand up with provoke and you tag it with shirk. Don't leave them hanging.

Player
    Character
    Manuel Bravo
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    Thank you so much for the explanation and sorry for the delay in my response. Yes I use more increased stamina as my main trait and Speedy recovery III once xp is capped. Currently yes foul weather is my primary and just capped pedigree to almost all 5 starts. Thank you ^^
    (1)