Player
    Character
    Hex Pathcrosser
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 72

Lock armory chest items that we don't want to trade for GC seals

If you play two different classes, and you're not on one of them, obviously your items go back in your armory chest. But this also makes it so that if you're not careful, you can accidentally sell those items for GC seals. I'd like to propose a way to let us lock/unlock items in our armory so that they can or cannot be sold for seals.
    (0)
    "We want bunny suits for guys!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Ishgard housing!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Viera!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Cloud's motorcycle!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Blue Mage!"-- OK! ✅
    "We want the ability to earn past Feast rewards!" - HAHA no that's sacred.

Player
    Character
    Cerryl Lorinth
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormfur View Post
    If you play two different classes, and you're not on one of them, obviously your items go back in your armory chest. But this also makes it so that if you're not careful, you can accidentally sell those items for GC seals. I'd like to propose a way to let us lock/unlock items in our armory so that they can or cannot be sold for seals.
    Would we really need this feature though?

There is already an option on the page for turning in armor/weapons to your grand company where you can click on what option you want for the items that are shown. If you choose hide gear sets as long as the items are linked to that gear set than you wont see them.

If it's an item for glamour purposes it would be in the glamour dresser and if you were running out of room well you have a retainer.

I'm not saying folks wouldn't find use for it but there are other quality of life updates that we'd be better off having than something like this I think.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    You can either block items that are in your armoury chest and part of a gear set from being shown, or just block all items in the armoury chest (so only items in your regular inventory can be traded). The only time this sort of individual locking would really be useful is if you use more gear than will fit in the armoury chest, so need to use regular inventory as overload storage (since even if they're part of a gear set, they're not recognized as such while in inventory).

That can happen for those who play all jobs in the game. (It used to always be true for me before they expanded the armoury chest, and likely would be an issue again if I had the HW and SB jobs as well as all the ARR ones.) But it's not as common as the opening post here made it sound.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raldo Volca
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Not sure if it'll help you, but here's what I do.

I have the GC turn-in filter set to inventory-only, and before I turn things in, I go through all my armory chests and shift anything I don't want out into my inventory. That may sound like a lot of crap to go through, but you can obviously skip over any gear that has that icon that means "this is being used in a gear set".

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan026 View Post
    If it's an item for glamour purposes it would be in the glamour dresser and if you were running out of room well you have a retainer.
    This response makes me chuckle. Despite only holding glamour stuff for two jobs, my glamour dresser is full and my retainers are full. I'm back to storing various glamour pieces in my armory chests, eagerly awaiting the day they expand the glamour dresser's storage capacity.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Leon Reddas
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 77
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Not sure if it'll help you, but here's what I do.

I have the GC turn-in filter set to inventory-only, and before I turn things in, I go through all my armory chests and shift anything I don't want out into my inventory. That may sound like a lot of crap to go through, but you can obviously skip over any gear that has that icon that means "this is being used in a gear set".
    Yeah this is what I kind of do as well. I literally have no equipment in my inventory unless it's something I just picked up from duties (which I intend to trade for seals or sell anyway). Every time I collect any kind of item or craft a piece of equipment it always goes straight to my inventory, leaving my Armoury Chest quite tidy, only holding the odd glamour pieces I'll manually glam, intend to give to a retainer, or pop in the Dresser at some point.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Stouter Taru
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan026 View Post
    There is already an option on the page for turning in armor/weapons to your grand company where you can click on what option you want for the items that are shown. If you choose hide gear sets as long as the items are linked to that gear set than you wont see them.
    That's for expert delivery, not for supply missions. And even more annoying, when you have one in your inventory and one in your armory chest, the one in your armory chest is the default selection; it takes extra clicks to turn-in from inventory over armory chest.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hex Pathcrosser
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 72
    Well, it could be my own fault for not using a glamour plate (I just hate that system though), and keeping my glamour items on me or my retainer the old fashioned-way, but it would be nice to just selectively lock/unlock them for turning in on expert deliveries.
    (0)
    "We want bunny suits for guys!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Ishgard housing!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Viera!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Cloud's motorcycle!" -- OK! ✅
    "We want Blue Mage!"-- OK! ✅
    "We want the ability to earn past Feast rewards!" - HAHA no that's sacred.