Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Player
    Character
    Leidri'sae Bherre
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 69
    If we want AST to be more unique compared to its peers, why not borrow a little thing from WoW? Brewmaster Monk can turn incoming damage into a DoT, so what if Aspected Benefic/Helios just had their flat healing, then absorbed incoming damage up to the amount healled, and then turned that into a 12s DoT?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Corbin Dallas
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Selvokaz View Post
    Why make that comparison? The role skills aren't specific to either job, a new ranged physical dps could come out tomorrow and they'd have access to that stuff to. Where it matters between those two jobs they are very different, where as poorly as it feels in my opinion Bard has support effects woven into its primary job skills ie the songs, and several job specific abilities, whereas machinist is pure selfish DPS in all its abilities. None of Machinist job specific abilities benefit other party members, outside of one that lowers a enemies attack by 10%, a good ability if you remember to use it, but thats it, compared to the bards constant 15% critical chance buff to the party, and potential secondary buff from troubadour, battle chant, and foe requiem, and their own version of esuna.
    What are you rambling about? The guy I quoted claimed that they've never completely changed how a job functions, when the opposite is true, twice. Bard got reworked into a bow mage in 3.0 along side the release of gun mage, then they did a 180 on both jobs in Stormblood.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sylvaria Molkot
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    I wouldn't mind AST being the 'fast' healer... i.e. all their healing abilities would be less than 1.5s to cast, their cards could be drawn more often (and maybe a bit less randomly), and instead of Regen or Shields they would have a natural haste (lower GCD and faster MP regen) and percentage based heals (e.g. Aspected = the target is healed for 30% of any damage they take for the next 15s (think Excog, but it triggers on any damage and doesn't have a 'use' count)).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hayk Farsight
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Leidiriv View Post
    I'm not sure it needs an entirely new identity persay, but I would like if they expanded on the identity that Earthly Star seems to be building.
    More detonatable spells that are normally time based wouldn't be a bad thing. HoTs you can detonate early for a burst heal depending on how much remaining healing they would have given, Shields you can detonate for burst healing, etc.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mystic Dreamer
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    Maybe they can gain ability to do that if you decide you do not to use noct or diur sect.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Grimoire Mogri
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    There's two ways to go at this point, either give ASTs a way to stance dance, or give them a new kind of healing role.

For stance dancing you can get away with a lot by simply adding two cooldowns: One is an ET style cooldown that lets them swap sects for one Aspected spell and gives the swapped spell a boost compared to normal. The other is a long cooldown to swap sects for a number of seconds similar to Lightspeed. You could then stack these cooldowns to get the empowered version of your normal sect's aspected spells if needed. You'd then weaken the healing efficiency on Aspected spells (more on the Noct side of things), then give WHM a Stoneskin II or Ballad Troubadour style cooldown and we're good to go. Everyone has options but has to work for them differently.

One recommendation I've seen from friends is to give them an ability similar to shields which heals them when they are damaged by a certain amount depending on stacks, but doesn't increase their effective HP. Think of it as a mix between Excogitation and Plenary Indulgence. These spells would heal for less than either SCH or WHM's AoEs do, have a lower GCD, and cost less MP, but not enough that spamming them would be more effective without draining your MP at a similar rate. The single target version of the spell would give multiple stacks with a higher duration, allowing you to push the threshold higher with repeated casts faster than the AoE version. Neither would heal on their own either, the buffs would do all of that when procced. Then it's simply a matter of adding one ability to force those buffs to go off when you want them to, on the off chance players don't get them to trigger naturally.

Regardless of the above, I'd personally like to see a Synastry rework that procs a 200 potency heal on the target whenever you cast any spell. DPS or healing, AoE or single target. Give it a lower cooldown too, 60s.
    (0)
    Last edited by Grimoire-M; 07-31-2018 at 10:31 AM.
    I believe the Aetherflow Lockouts on SMN should be removed. Made a poll for it here: http://www.strawpoll.me/14041065

I'm specifically referring to the inability to stack Aethertrail, DWT, and Aetherflow simultaneously, which was how it worked in HW.
    Please vote, that's all I ask. I hope to simply generate discussion around the issue and give people an idea of this forum's opinions with this sig.

Player
    Character
    Astrum Iaennau
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    Everyone wants the AST to have all these special heal abilities, but that's not like- what makes AST an AST.

Add more cards, make Sects change which cards are drawn, make it so you can stance dance Sects, take away the Shield/Regen, make AST a Buffer/Debuffer/Off-Healer.

Honestly, I never liked subbing in for SCH or WHM, I started maining AST for the cards. Give me MORE cards.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Skullreaper Bloodrose
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrocco View Post
    Everyone wants the AST to have all these special heal abilities, but that's not like- what makes AST an AST.

Add more cards, make Sects change which cards are drawn, make it so you can stance dance Sects, take away the Shield/Regen, make AST a Buffer/Debuffer/Off-Healer.

Honestly, I never liked subbing in for SCH or WHM, I started maining AST for the cards. Give me MORE cards.
    There is no such thing as a offhealer in FFXIV, if you are a healer you have to be able to heal good enough by yourself, especially in 4 man content. The cards are extra fluff, sure you can add extra mechanics but astrologians still need a healing style that matches their personality. I think a quick healer would be the solution to this... get rid of sects and just make benefic and helios instant cast. As for the aspected versions of the spells just replace them with unique terrain healing like earthly star, or time magic. Making them the fastest healer is also a boon to their cards since they can use them more easily.

Another point of interest I have with AST is to perhaps lower their card using abilities so they don't have to DPS in endgame, it would be a refreshing change for the current healer meta since you'll always be using cards, so it would present a option for those that really dislike DPSing.

TLTR Version (What I think AST needs)
    Benefit = Instant Cast
    Helios = 1.5s Cast Time
    Benefit II = 1.5s Cast Time
    Draw = Recast 15s / Duration 30s
    Spread = Recast 15s
    Redraw = Recast 15s
    Minor Arcana = Recast 1.5s
    Diurnal Sect / Aspected Benefit / Aspected Helios /Nocturnal Sect = Removed (Replaced?.)
    (0)
    Last edited by Brightshadow; 08-03-2018 at 01:49 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4