Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Player
    Character
    Leidri'sae Bherre
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 69
    If we want AST to be more unique compared to its peers, why not borrow a little thing from WoW? Brewmaster Monk can turn incoming damage into a DoT, so what if Aspected Benefic/Helios just had their flat healing, then absorbed incoming damage up to the amount healled, and then turned that into a 12s DoT?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Corbin Dallas
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Selvokaz View Post
    Why make that comparison? The role skills aren't specific to either job, a new ranged physical dps could come out tomorrow and they'd have access to that stuff to. Where it matters between those two jobs they are very different, where as poorly as it feels in my opinion Bard has support effects woven into its primary job skills ie the songs, and several job specific abilities, whereas machinist is pure selfish DPS in all its abilities. None of Machinist job specific abilities benefit other party members, outside of one that lowers a enemies attack by 10%, a good ability if you remember to use it, but thats it, compared to the bards constant 15% critical chance buff to the party, and potential secondary buff from troubadour, battle chant, and foe requiem, and their own version of esuna.
    What are you rambling about? The guy I quoted claimed that they've never completely changed how a job functions, when the opposite is true, twice. Bard got reworked into a bow mage in 3.0 along side the release of gun mage, then they did a 180 on both jobs in Stormblood.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sylvaria Molkot
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    I wouldn't mind AST being the 'fast' healer... i.e. all their healing abilities would be less than 1.5s to cast, their cards could be drawn more often (and maybe a bit less randomly), and instead of Regen or Shields they would have a natural haste (lower GCD and faster MP regen) and percentage based heals (e.g. Aspected = the target is healed for 30% of any damage they take for the next 15s (think Excog, but it triggers on any damage and doesn't have a 'use' count)).
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4