Player
    Character
    Nonni Brilante
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
    What til you hear what they say about Cactuar. Yikes.
    Yup. It's there. It's weird. Moving on.

I wouldn't mind a suggestion subforum so long as players aren't allowed to start threads. Basically means that devs or whoever wants to get ideas can post a thread asking about a particular thing either from some idea pitched in another subforum or just something out of the blue, and then the players can provide feedback on that suggestion in a far more organized manner.

As for the idea for patch end surveys, I think that should be the first thread of that suggestion subforum.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bourne_Endeavor View Post
    If I wanted a rendition of FFXI, I would play FFXI.

Player
    Character
    Leo Lupinos
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwashi View Post
    There's already lots of sections where suggestions can go, depending on what the suggestion is. UI suggestions go in the User Interface forum. (In fact, they comprise the vast majority of what's in that section.) Suggestions on housing go in the Housing forum. Suggestions and feedback about class balance go in the relevant role's forum. And so on. While there may be a few topics that don't really fit in any of the specific sections, so tend to end up in "General Discussion", it would be more useful to suggest sections for them rather than suggest everything get dumped into a single uncategorized "suggestions" section.

And suggestions cannot be split up by the community team like bug reports can. They involve discussion, feedback, clarifications, and alternatives. Many suggestion threads (including the vast majority of the ones that stir up significant interest) end up with several related suggestions or variations on the original suggestion all being discussed, so there's no one thing a CM could categorize it by. And they're all potentials. Many suggestions aren't addressed at the time, but SE may go back and implement them years later, or may implement another variation that addresses the same issues. Then it's often just different enough that you can't clearly say even whether a given suggestion has been implemented or not, when something kind of similar that addresses some of the same issues, but perhaps not all, has been implemented.
    I don't think it's necessary to add a sub forum for EVERY section. The demand is not that great, every suggestion can fit into Accepted Suggestions.

And yes, the suggestion can be judged by a staff member, so that he can move it to "Accepted Suggestion" (as a valid suggestion), so that players may discuss it and up vote. The Suggestion place is the initial step, the proper staff member will judge if it's a valid suggestion, or duplicate, of spam, It must be something serious and official.
    And no, not every suggestion is a potential benefit. Eg: "I want Ishgard housing", it was already answered in the live letter, there's no need to keep this suggestion open for feedback or up-vote.

One section is enough at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rongway View Post
    Every topic is either a suggestion or a question. We don’t need a suggestion subforum. As it is now, topics go in the subforum that matches the subject matter. If you have a UI suggestion, post in the UI forum. Suggestions for your healer job? Healer forum. Adding another forum for suggestions would just end up unnecessarily splitting topics between their subject matter forum and the suggestion forum.
    Ty, but I will keep my demand for it. People seek for viewers when they post something, no matter how much sections it will have, they will all post in "General Discussion" just because it has the more rate of view. Making a Suggestion topic will condence all the view into one section, without random topics about "Best rotation", "Screenshot your Character, "Duty finder sad times", "I don't know how to tank". The little suggestions that we have, get lost amidst so many random threads. If FFXIV cares for the community, it needs a organized place for it.

Take this topic for example, it will be lost within a day if no one comment it. And SO many suggestions got lost due to it. Aetheryte to Hinterlands, Multiple map flags, Qol changes, Revamp for Aetheryte visual selection, Autodiscart when opening Eureka's Lockbox, and so on, all forgotten, and needed.
    (0)
    Last edited by LeoLupinos; 07-13-2018 at 06:55 AM.
    Hybrid Magic DPS: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/366700-Source-Blader-A-FFXIV-Original-Job

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoLupinos View Post
    I don't think it's necessary to add a sub forum for EVERY section. The demand is not that great, every suggestion can fit into Accepted Suggestions.
    Which would make for a chaotic mess where you can't look for things you're interested in because it's all jumbled together. While sure, we could wipe out the whole forum structure to limit it all to just "general suggestions" and "general discussion" without any other sections available, it would be a far worse organized forum for it.

And yes, the suggestion can be judged by a staff member, so that he can move it to "Accepted Suggestion" (as a valid suggestion), so that players may discuss it and up vote. The Suggestion place is the initial step, the proper staff member will judge if it's a valid suggestion, or duplicate, of spam, It must be something serious and official.
    They don't need to distinguish spam as a category. They delete that, and are doing a pretty good job of it already. And if your version of "Accepted Suggestion" has nothing to do with whether the idea is accepted or not, but just is this something we can discuss or not, then that isn't adding anything useful. It's basically just every suggestion, so not even worth moving.

People seek for viewrs, no matter how much sections it will have, they will all post in "General Discussion" just because it has the more rate of view.
    No, it's not a very good place for suggestions, for the very reason you mentioned, that they tend to just get lost if they're misplaced here rather than their appropriate section. Most threads have a much shorter life here, competing with so many others on such a wide range of topics that it's far too easy to miss them entirely. (Which is the same problem that I think a combined "suggestions" forum would have.) If a suggestion fits into one of the categories that we have a more specific subforum for, it's better off there.
    (1)
    Last edited by Niwashi; 07-13-2018 at 07:39 AM.

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    There would also be the issue of where to put combined threads, that contain both advice to other players on how to work with the current system and suggestions to SE for how to improve it. Many question/advice threads turn into suggestion threads only after it's clear that what the player is trying to do is either impossible or awkward in the current system. And many suggestion threads also contain advice on how to work around the current limitations until such improvements might be made.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Leo Lupinos
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    @Niwashi, Youre right about making a suggestion sub-topic for every relevant feature (HUD/Lore/PVP/Job/etc...).

I think by simply adding "Suggestion Box" to every topic will filter it, leaving just discussions and feedback, while keeping all requests and suggestions there.
    I was thinking of something more simple, but more organization is always welcome.

I'm gona edit OP.
    (0)
    Hybrid Magic DPS: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/366700-Source-Blader-A-FFXIV-Original-Job

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2