Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Reiya Rahamos
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90

Starting to feel like this is kind of pointless.

I don't even know what I'm doing in this game anymore. Can't get into savage groups, so i can't get the best armor, doing the same trials over and over to try and win a dice rolling contest for subpar armor to try attempt to do higher level content is becoming more pointless as people just up the ilevel gate to allow only those who have already completed the trials/savage content into their parties.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Whispering Whiskers
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    You don't need to do savage or trials to get to i360-369. Can do it on mendacity + 24 person raids for the tokens.
    (8)

Character
    Apple Jinx
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    If you were capping every week you would've have more than enough mendacities to get a full set of 360 tome gear and also if you were actively hunting you would've been able to turn all of those 360 pieces into 370 pieces as well. Also with the hoh you have access to a i365 weapon if you don't do extreme trials. And if you want to learn savage, no one is stopping you from making your own party so the blames to your whining lies entirely with you.
    (3)

Character
    Bean Bunja
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Have you tried creating your own static/group? And I don't mean that in a sarcastic way, this isn't my main mmo and I usually come in towards the mid/end of a patch cycle. So I create my own groups usually of people that are new or started late for whatever reason and it works out.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Leon Reddas
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 77
    What exactly is preventing you from joining or even creating a savage group? It's very easy to find parties in the PF which are regularly doing savage content (not all have restrictions), sometimes there are practice/learning ones or just weekly clears (which may have an ilvl limit), but something is always there and you can always create your own as well if nothing is coming up that fits your requirements.

In regards to the gear, just like others have stated you can collect 360 equipment over time, and with Ridorana being out for a while now, that could easily give you a full left set of 370 gear maybe more if you wanted with little effort. Although in the end, even 350 and 360 gear is enough to challenge savage so you don't need the best gear at all to play the game.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Reiya Rahamos
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by AppleJinx View Post
    If you were capping every week you would've have more than enough mendacities to get a full set of 360 tome gear and also if you were actively hunting you would've been able to turn all of those 360 pieces into 370 pieces as well. Also with the hoh you have access to a i365 weapon if you don't do extreme trials. And if you want to learn savage, no one is stopping you from making your own party so the blames to your whining lies entirely with you.
    unfortunately I didn't come back to the game until fairly recently, and took me quite awhile to catch up with the game as well as remember just how the game is played, i may have reached cap 3 or 4 weeks at this point, and i only recently got the rightside completed with 370 from the recent tome purchases. I'm not even sure I want to buy armor with those tomes because i dont play anyone single job, I feel like I need to switch it up or I'll feel bored. I'm the kind of player who likes their own personal style rotation so I know i'll never be top dps or healer, I can't be bothered to min/max every aspect of a job, it ruins the suspense and thus fun for me, but I don't mind working for the harder goals and mastering instances.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Reiya Rahamos
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurando View Post
    What exactly is preventing you from joining or even creating a savage group? It's very easy to find parties in the PF which are regularly doing savage content (not all have restrictions), sometimes there are practice/learning ones or just weekly clears (which may have an ilvl limit), but something is always there and you can always create your own as well if nothing is coming up that fits your requirements.

In regards to the gear, just like others have stated you can collect 360 equipment over time, and with Ridorana being out for a while now, that could easily give you a full left set of 370 gear maybe more if you wanted with little effort. Although in the end, even 350 and 360 gear is enough to challenge savage so you don't need the best gear at all to play the game.
    When I play it most certainly seems like it, and in some cases I can relate, and understand why those restrictions exist, I've only managed to beat Tsukuyomi Ex 4 times simply because most groups that have a low enough ilevel limit for me to join fail more often than not, yet i still run into the occasional person who says they've already saved up 99 of her tokens. This is doubly so for Savage Content. I haven't found a single group that had a open policy that wasn't a practice group (which usually ends prematurely), could I start my own pf for savage content sure I guess I could, though that seems very similar to the tsukuyomi problem, and could likely just lead to the usual people get frustrated quit and thus back to the start.
    (0)

Character
    Riyah Arpeggio
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    There's actually not many learning parties on primal at one time. It's common to see zero to one up for the first fight, and maybe 2-4 for the latter ones. Like right now there is 25 total savage parties, with no learning for tier 1, 1 for tier 2, and 4 for tier 4. This is actually busier than usual, often it is more like fifteen or so.When you consider this is for a whole data center at maybe an hour's overall slice of time, it's kind of small.

The learning parties do dry up pretty often, and while you can start them, it can be a decent wait. It's really not so simple as joining or starting a party; for some reason PUG seems to be pretty small.
    (1)
    Last edited by RiyahArp; 07-12-2018 at 12:18 PM.

Player
    Character
    Reinha Sorrowmoon
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    I would suggest saving your tomes for a chest piece next and also melding your gear. Heaven on High will give you a 365 weapon and you can make progress towards it at your own pace. These things will help you do more damage which you are going to need in savage. Even if you are not into min maxing I at least recommend looking up an opener for the job you want to do savage with. Picking a single job is recommended because it will take ages to gear up otherwise. After all of this you should be ready to clear O5S and O6S which drop the highest item level for all slots except legs, chest and weapon.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ali Lifesaver
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Don't get too discouraged, you rejoined the game at a point where raid progression was a bit advanced, the next major patch is basically a soft reset to progression so if you're here from the start it's much easier to clear content in PF, right you have like 2 months worth of tomestones to gear up for the next savage, which I believe is enough to get mostly 360-370 gear.
    (0)
    Last edited by alimdia; 07-12-2018 at 09:20 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast