Player
    Character
    Lufie Newleaf
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by CrystalRainbow View Post
    Glad PC master rase who games on a MAC anyways.
    Not many mac gamers by comparison but still, S-E offered a mac version and people bought it expecting a certain level of quality. By all accounts this version does not meet an acceptable standard, but it continues to be sold. I assume it's not viable for them to do a real port in-house due to expected low sales, but then they should remove the mac version from sale or place a bold warning on it that says users may experience performance issues, crashes and kernel panics and that no update for improving the performance on mac systems is planned.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    I have a old gaming pal that only has access to a mac to play at the moment. If you offer it and someone is paying the same price (if not more, mac seems to go on sale less often) the same quality is to be expected. Have they at least added the ability to do the free trial on a mac? I know I asked a couple years ago and it appeared from the responses I got that no trial was available.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Thea Sitori
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 72
    Quote Originally Posted by alimdia View Post
    The company that did the wrapper for this game left the gaming business so I'm not even sure who did they hire to take over. Either way it being a wrapper and not a native client it's never gonna run well.
    Transgaming was acquired by NVIDIA, they still work on the macOS wrapper.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Adeacia Lightheart
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Question I've had for years that I feel I can get an answer to here since its relevant to the topic.

Why buy a mac to begin with when most people emulate windows on the thing because almost nothing is compatable with a mac?
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Fox Briarthorn
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Adeacia View Post
    Why buy a mac to begin with when most people emulate windows on the thing because almost nothing is compatable with a mac?
    For some people, the mac was never purchased with the intent of gaming, but they also don't have the space/funds/desire for a second machine just for gaming.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Adeacia Lightheart
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustytome View Post
    For some people, the mac was never purchased with the intent of gaming, but they also don't have the space/funds/desire for a second machine just for gaming.
    Reasonable answer. Not everyone wants or can afford 2 computers. Though my question was more along the lines of: Why buy a mac in the first place? I honestly don't know.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Lufie Newleaf
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Question I've had for years that I feel I can get an answer to here since its relevant to the topic.

I think because there's still some really good exclusive software especially those made by Apple which people may use at work especially in creative industries, but also the operating system is really nice and preferred by many, and the cost isn't so bad when factoring in things like the build quality, included software and the level of support provided by Apple.

Having said that, Windows 10 is a great OS too. It's not like 15 years ago when Mac OS X seemed way more advanced than Windows XP. The gap mostly closed and Apple kinda ran out of major innovations, it's next OS update just bringing basic stuff like night mode and a redesigned app store.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Adeacia Lightheart
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufalus View Post
    I think because there's still some really good exclusive software especially those made by Apple which people may use at work especially in creative industries, but also the operating system is really nice and preferred by many, and the cost isn't so bad when factoring in things like the build quality, included software and the level of support provided by Apple.
    This goes with what I've heard in the past. You get a mac for one purpose and it may be great for it, better than a PC. When you try to do other things though, it doesn't work well at all due to compatability issues.

Thank you for the explanation.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nomfur Farredzasyn
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    This goes with what I've heard in the past. You get a mac for one purpose and it may be great for it, better than a PC. When you try to do other things though, it doesn't work well at all due to compatability issues.

Thank you for the explanation.
    Aye, the Mac is more of a creative machine than a gaming machine. Though Microsoft's Surface line is definitely helping close that gap too. To the point that even I'm interested in the Surface Go as it's affordable, but does good inking, etc. Now if only there was a way to get the Surface Dial to work on-screen on the Go!
    (2)
    White Mage ~ Scholar ~ Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiroglyph View Post
    Boi if you got kicked for the same thing in over 20 duties I strongly suggest you think hard on whatever the hell it is you're doing

As I'm sure you are well aware, it takes more than one person to be able to kick a player from a duty, so in all those instances there were at least two people agreeing they'd be better off without you tanking.

Player
    Character
    Katarh Mest
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladinleeds View Post
    Aye, the Mac is more of a creative machine than a gaming machine. Though Microsoft's Surface line is definitely helping close that gap too. To the point that even I'm interested in the Surface Go as it's affordable, but does good inking, etc. Now if only there was a way to get the Surface Dial to work on-screen on the Go!
    I have a Surface Book 2 with the Nvidia 1060 and I've been able to run Ridorana Lighthouse on that thing without lag. Cost me a pretty penny, but that thing runs like silk as long as the ambient temperature isn't too hot. (We live in Georgia. I don't get to game on it outdoors.)
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast